Who thinks this is way too many fish?

triggerz92

Currently in a 26 gallon aquarium:
Fish: Flame Angel, Bicolor Angel, Coral Beauty Angel, Yellow Watchman Goby, 2 False Percs, Sunburst Anthias, Longnose Hawkfish, Scissortail Dartfish,
Inverts: Hawaiian Feather Duster, Fire Shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, Arrow Crab, Porcelain Crab, Emerald Crab, Sally Lightfoot Crab, Purple Sea Urchin, Horseshoe Crab, A Black Turbo Snail
(Note that there is about a 3 inch crushed coral bed, creating less swimming space...)
All Feedback is welcome

That seems to me to be a lot of fish that are relatively large in too small of an aquarium. IMO having three angels alone in this aquarium would be irresponsible.

triggerz92

The purpose of this post was to persuade my friend not to continue to keep these fish in a small tank like this. I would never actually do this

ophiura

Originally Posted by Triggerz92
http:///forum/post/2926900
The purpose of this post was to persuade my friend not to continue to keep these fish in a small tank like this. I would never actually do this

Let's put it this way. No one has even bothered to explain why it is bad, because probably most figured it was a joke.
That's usually a really bad sign. You put one too many fish in and people start explaining why its not good. You go clearly over the top and no one even believes it.
eventually, it will fail. And it may fail dramatically (eg depending when the arrow crab just "breaks" and starts killing stuff, same with the angels). So unless they have loads of money to blow, and really don't care about the animals...it won't work.
I would say the percs, maybe the goby and hawk. But personally only 3.

Your tanks says you have a 26 gallon so I have a hard time beleaving its not you. I had a coral beauty in my 24 gallon reef and it got stressed out about the small amount of swimming room and died six months after I got it.

kowaleski

Triggerz92
My Hawk Larry
Last Activity: Today 05:56 PM
Add Triggerz92 to Your Buddy List Add Triggerz92 to Your Ignore List
Forum Info Contact Info
PostsTotal Posts: 152 (0.39 posts per day)
Find all posts by Triggerz92
Find all threads started by Triggerz92
Private Message:
Send a private message to Triggerz92
Additional Information Group Memberships
Tank Size:
26 gal
My Fish:
FlameAngel,YellowWtchmn,PygmyAngel,LongnoseHwk,2F.Percs,dartfsh,
My Invertebrates:
Fire Shrimp, 1 turbo, blue sea urchin, cbs, emerald crab, arrow crab, hawaiian fd, horseshoe crab
My Corals:
Fish cont: Bicolor Angel, Coral Beauty, sb anthias
My Equipment:
AquaC Remora, Maxi-jet 1200 & 900, Eheim 2213 Canister, Coralife 50/50 24", ect.
What I Feed:
Mysis, Blood Worms, Mega Marine (Hikari),Brine shrimp, etc.
My Interests:
Sports, fishing, hunting, saltwater aquarium keeping
Hobby Experience:
2 years saltwater, 5 years fresh
About Me:
need money
My Location:
Wisconsin
here is his profile!!!! not a friend it's him

think you should just a Tang or two

crypt keeper

i just dont understand peoples thinking on this. a 75 gallon tank doesnt cost that much. I just picked one up for $250 and it came with a $250 light. You can do things cheaper like a hob skimmer and just do water changes if you have a decent amount of fish.