Who wants to help me chose the inhabitants of my shark tank???

dual45s

Well if you ever need a graphic artist, or know of some company that loves to over-pay theirs, I'm all ears.

coachklm

if any of your "connections" want to help out a severely wounded veteran give me a holler..... could be good media...lol
i'm only allowed to use my handicap card twice a year as my wife says...lol

shlovell16

Hey!
My sisters soon-to-be-husband is an Aeronautical engineer. He works for Bowing up in Seattle, WA. Only he works on the engines, not wings...he likes it though, says it's a fun job...he doesn't make enough to buy an ocean for his house though?

madman33

Originally Posted by SHLovell16
Hey!
My sisters soon-to-be-husband is an Aeronautical engineer. He works for Bowing up in Seattle, WA. Only he works on the engines, not wings...he likes it though, says it's a fun job...he doesn't make enough to buy an ocean for his house though?

LOL i dunno how i landed this job but i was working for LockHeed Martin when i was living in Colorado and then the government offered me this job which pays ALOT more the only catch was i had to move out to Nevada so i said screw it and did lol. But yeah i enjoy my job alot even though most of the time its high stress to meet the deadlines and such and then the test flights to see if the thing that tax payers just spent a few billion dollars developing even remotley works lmao. it sounds like your sisters husband is more on the passenger side rather than the military side...not sure if it makes a difference in pay or not. Anyways coach klm what do you mean u r medically retired in montana???According to your profile u r only 26??? Anyways ill check to see if they know anyone in Montana for u. Also the final tank specs are 75 Feet long, 50 Feet wide and 13.5 Feet tall

coachklm

well i was in the military for 7 years before getting hit in iraq... the army couldt use me anymore since i cant use my right(dominant arm) so they retired me.now with the drop in income my wife teaches math at the high school. and i stay at home raising the kids. it's hard to find a job for a one handed man... lol and go to school full time.

madman33

Originally Posted by coachKLM
well i was in the military for 7 years before getting hit in iraq... the army couldt use me anymore since i cant use my right(dominant arm) so they retired me.now with the drop in income my wife teaches math at the high school. and i stay at home raising the kids. it's hard to find a job for a one handed man... lol and go to school full time.

Hey man i feel for u. I served 6 years in the airforce(i went to the airforce academy) and was a spec ops medic but we only went on 1 mission of a downed pilot and found him no prblem and didnt encounter any trouble so it wasnt bad at all. I had today off because i got to head out and stay at the base 24/7 for the next 3 days while we conduct flight tests but yeah anyways i did alot of research today and im getting close to coming up witha stock list 4 u guys so u can tell me what u think...not sure exactly how much interenet access i will have in the next few days so bare with me if i cant get on to post

sharkboy13

sry to hear bout ur arm coach, my bro got his leg blown off, the war disables another two i suppose, man would i kill to have ur tank mad

madman33

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
sry to hear bout ur arm coach, my bro got his leg blown off, the war disables another two i suppose, man would i kill to have ur tank mad
Hey i feel bad 4 him too....I dont want to get anything started here but i feel like u2 sacraficed ir bodies in a war that we shouldnt really even be fighting in...yes i want to take terrorism down but thats not what we orignally went in there for. Anyways sorry for going offtopic...maybe we can start something about it in the Aquarium....like i said though im gonna be busy the next 2-3 days so i may get a chance to post and i may not.

sharkboy13

id like to make a suggestion, how bout like 2 black tip reef sharks a hite tip reef shark and a wobbegong shark, sound good to evry1?

madman33

i havent had much time since i just got back but i had some one suggest this to me(Remember the final tank specs are: 90 feet long, 50 feet wide and and 13 feet tall):
3-4 hammerheads
3-7 bonnetheads
2-4 blacktips
1-2 whitetips
4-6 wobbies 1 male the rest female
Then this i just sort of a quick modification to the list that i can up with....i also put acouple fish names in there which i dont think the guy was thinking about b4...
3 Great/Scalloped hammerheads
7Bonnets(they school)
3 Black tips
2 white tips
4 wobegong(SP?)
batray
large angels
unicorn tangs
naso tangs
panther groupers
red louti groupers
sweetlips
Dogfish Picus
Dogfish orientalis
Misc eels
misc sting rays
possibly lionfish
Anyone else have any other ideas for big fish that i missed?

sebae09

Damn did you write down the list i gave you lol j/p and The guy left the fish part to you lol. you can get alot of big fish off of the divers den. show size so they dont get ate

dual45s

How about a Queensland grouper for a bigass fish? Or stellatus puffers, maybe some Titan triggers. I know they nip the eyes out of more "home aquarium-suited" sharks, but I have no idea about the big guys you're planning. They might terrorize the wobbies though (if they don't get eaten for trying). Like I've said before I'm not too well-versed in home-aquaria, but I know that all hammerheads school in HUGE schools so you might want to drop the Great hammerheads. They also migrate (it's still kind of unknown where they go) and I'm not sure if this would be negated by having the tank temp the exact same all year 'round, but could be stressful. Also, Scalloped hammerheads LOVE to eat stingrays. IMO Leopard sharks are gorgeous and would be a terrific addition.

sebae09

A leapord would be beautiful but they live in subtropic waters they are a coldwater shark68-72degrees while the hammers were talking about live close to the equator so they are 80degrees or so. triggers and puffers cant be housed with sharks they have a tendency to nip the eyes out

E

e.es.c

Holy crap that is going to be a sweet tank maybe I should think about changing careers from a carpenter to what you are :thinking: I cant wait to see pictures of it