Yowza!

scotts

Yesterday I had to check on a geocache I hid and thought that I should have worn shorts instead of the jeans that I wore because I was too warm. Then this morning I saw what the midwest is going through. Hope you all are doing OK.

scotts

I had to convice my son to wear a jacket to school earlier this week. Today it was a no-go. No jacket.
My daughter was talking about how cold she was and I told her it was -27 in Nebraska. She said "How do they go to school?" After I explained that the schools are indoor schools she said she would hate going to a school like that.

Hope you two are doing OK and not having to drive too much.

alyssia

Not driving today, and the school just called to say they're sending kids home early due to the weather

alyssia

13 degrees out, snowing heavily, and my son walks down the street, up the court, and into the house CARRYING his coat.

scotts

Meow, did you forget a number there? You know like the 1 after the 8?

Kelli, way too funny. Maybe the coat is too warm so he did not want to get it all sweaty inside.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/3203870
Meow, did you forget a number there? You know like the 1 after the 8?

Kelli, way too funny. Maybe the coat is too warm so he did not want to get it all sweaty inside.

I wish I forgot a number
I hate the cold

scotts

As you watch the college football championship game tonight and you see all the people in windbreakers, just know that I am about 60 miles away from the Rose Bowl so that is the weather I am in right now.
TLL, I have always said that you can tell the difference between 20 and 10 and 10 has a real bite to it, -5 has REAL bite to it.

reefraff

Lower than 50 = What are you sissies complaining about
Lower than 40 = OK, I'll put on a long sleeve shirt
Lower than 30 = Don't I have a coat around here somewhere?
Lower than 20 = OK, Mittens don't void the mancard
Lower than 10 = Don't worry boys, I'm headed for the house!!!
Lower than 0 = You think I'm going out in that

lovethesea

-2 tomorrow and we have snow and ice.

Originally Posted by alyssia
http:///forum/post/3203798
13 degrees out, snowing heavily, and my son walks down the street, up the court, and into the house CARRYING his coat.

my daughter does this and then can't figure out why she is cold in the house when she gets home.
Originally Posted by SteveDave08

http:///forum/post/3203875
It's been in the low 40's here in Miami. Supposedly set to drop into the 30's this weekend.

I'll take it!! I think by the end of next week we are supposed to be in the 30's!! Heat wave

browniebuck

I saw on Yahoo! today that the wind chill in North Dakota was -52 freaking degrees!!!!! I have no concept of how cold that is...the article said that tires were being frozen so that they had a flat spot, they weren't flat, but where the tire was on the pavement there was a frozen flat spot!!!
We are in the process of getting anywhere from 6 to 12 inches from now until tomorrow early afternoon...I told all of my students to go home and perform all of the superstitions that are said to encourage a snowday (wearing PJ's inside out, flushing an ice cube down the toilet, and placing a spoon underneath your pillow (don't know where this one came from))...what can I say, teachers love snow days just as much as the kids, in fact, I will probably see some of my students at the local sled riding hill tomorrow if we are off!

aw2x3

I'm in central Illinois...
This is my facebook status, as I just got home from work...
"8" of snow and 50mph winds, this morning. There are a few people I'd like to thank, for making my drive to work so enjoyable...
First, jerseyville county snow plow drivers, who STILL haven't even touched the roads. I saw two of you, sitting and drinking coffee. Staring at us, as we slipped and slid all over the road. That $35, an hour you make, is totally worth my tax payer dollars.
Second, to the semi driver, who passed me in 0 visibility. I'm sure the Dukes of Hazzard ... See Moreboys would've been proud of me, when they saw me crash that 4' snow bank, as you almost ran me off the road. I think a little bit of pee came out..
And last, but certainly not least...to the 97 year old blue hair, in the $50,000 Chevy Suburban. Thank you for pulling out in front of me, driving 15mph, while slamming on your brakes every 7 seconds. May the rest of your days, however few they are, be spent in some nutso retirement home, where you're never allowed to drive again."
That 8" has turned into a little more than 10" and it's still snowing. The roads still have not been plowed. I was almost positive I was gonna die, on the 20 mile drive, to home.

E

eric b 125

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!! i've found that the best thing to do to pass the winter is to find a way to enjoy it...
yesterday:

jennythebugg

^ looks like ya'll had fun lol
its been in the 20s here tonight it is supposed to get down to like 13 or so i heard

meowzer

I remember those days...skiing....sledding....didn't even feel the cold until we were thawing out
OHHHHH then it hurt.....