Zach's 24g Nano Cube diary

catfishcity

yea i just moved my corals that i just bought into there permanent posistions so i am going to take some pics and i am going to try and get one of my bicolor blenny

catfishcity

ok so here are some updated pics. i even got one of my bicolor blenny, yay he gets to go in the big tank on thursday!!!

whisk

looking good man. Your blenny is cool! I like your torch coral too, reminds me a lot of mine (same color). keep up the good work!

dankbardy31

catfish,
I just bought a nano 24 last night so I searched and found your post and thanks to a slow day at work have read the whole history. It totally made me more excited for my tank. Couple questions that you hopefully haven't answered yet.
What kind of lights are you using (standard 2x36?) Do you have an additional powerhead? Are you using a protein skimmer? 12 hour light cycle? What do you have in your 3 compartments? Congrats on a sick half a year with your tank. It has turned out rad.

catfishcity

thanks. I am using the stock lights (2 36w), no additional power head just the one that came with it, i am not using a protein skimmer and it really isnt needed for this small of a tank, i usually do a 12-14 day light cycle and then just turn on my lunar's at night, in the back compartments, i have sponge in the first, ceramic rings, bio balls, and carbon in the second, and just my pump in the third. i am planning on doing a refugium in the back soon though so all that will come out except the pump. i am glad to see that you have bought a nano cube because i love mine and i am pretty sure that you will to!