Zach's 24g Nano Cube diary

rebelprettyboy

Already cycling! Sweet....
Those things Mojano Anemones. They can sting corals and multiple quick. Some are very pretty but best bet is to get rid of them
Order yrself some stuff call Aiptasia X. I got it for 18 shipped and it works wonders. All mine were gone 2 mns max after I put the stuff on them
And i like the aquascaping alot

subielover

Yup mojano's
no big deal though, like rebel said aiptasia x is supposed to work great. I like your aquascaping too, very cool and similar to mine I think.

catfishcity

thanks for the info. if i leave them in will they hurt the clownfish that i am going to put in there. also is it normal for the ph to be that low, will it rise naturally?

rebelprettyboy

Ur ph isnt terribly low y any means. Could be higher but its not to low. Umight need to add some stuff to make it higher. And check ur saltwater when u do water change to see what the PH is in it
And its prolly some copepods

catfishcity

ok thanks. i just started my cycle so i dont know if thats the reason for the low ph but anyways. are copepods beneficial or will they hurt my aquarium. and about the mojanos, will they really spread through my whole aquarium and are they dangerous to fish and inverts?

subielover

Copepods are a very good sign, they will be food for your fish and also help to clean the tank a bit too
As for the mojanos, yes they are detrimental to your tank, I would get rid of them asap. Once they find a place they like they will start to reproduce like crazy, and they can and will sting other coral and presumably fish(although clowns may be ok, I would still nix them.) HTH

catfishcity

would it be possible to remove the majanos by hand? also i just found some kind of coral thing that is green with white tips and whenever i tap on the glass it retracts into the whole in the rock. could anyone tell me what they may think it is, and if it is bad for my tank, or if it is just a plain old coral.

dnraiders

love the rock work...you should put the heater in the back chambers when you get fish...i would take out the bioballs too.. i got a couple filter socks and folded them and put them in the back

rebelprettyboy

they trap nitrates. u can take those out and and buy some liveorck and bust it up and place it in chamber 2.
Any reason u moved the aquascape more to the right side?

catfishcity

ok well i am back to post things now. my power went out for 4 days and it just came back on, so excited!!!! but anyways i have been really looking at my tank and i have noticed that i got a bunch of hitchhikers with my rock. got about 4 snails, 3 baby sea stars, and what looks like a clam/scallop, cant tell. oh and i also bought some joes juice, and this stuff is greattt!!!! took care of my majonos, heck yes!!!!! but unfortunately i also found a lot of worms :( can anyone tell me how to get rid of them. thanks