Zoanthids: Some Eyecandy!

mrdc

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
The ones from the site I showed you are 5.00$ and shipping is free if you live in NC, SC, TN, GA, AL, & FL and order more than 50.00$ (I always buy more than 50.00$ LOL).
I am setting up a 15-20 gallon tank as a florida keysw biotope, and there aren't gonna be any corals, or fish. I am gonna order some of those not-reef-safe hermits to put in the tank. Whatcha think?
My only concerns are that:
a)they will get to big
b)they will eat all of my plants, and macro-algaes

Thanks

wax32

Originally Posted by Hurt
Wax, what type of camera do you use? It takes some incredible shots. I have an HP with 3.2 mp and the pictures I take of my tank look like crap. Very nice pictures and tank though.

Thanks! It's a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P150: 7.2 megapixels

wax32

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
The ones from the site I showed you are 5.00$ and shipping is free if you live in NC, SC, TN, GA, AL, & FL and order more than 50.00$ (I always buy more than 50.00$ LOL).
I am setting up a 15-20 gallon tank as a florida keysw biotope, and there aren't gonna be any corals, or fish. I am gonna order some of those not-reef-safe hermits to put in the tank. Whatcha think?
My only concerns are that:
a)they will get to big
b)they will eat all of my plants, and macro-algaes
They will be fine. The Halloween Hermit is from Hawaii though, so I wouldn't add it to a Florida biotope tank.
Too bad they don't have free shipping to LA.

wax32

By the way. That site has a crab they call "Right Handed Hermits". That is the one I call Albino Blood-Sucking Spiders from Mars.

Very Cheap!
I can't find the halloween hermits or the red stripe ones you sent me a link to last time on that site at all.
I do like the looks of those Virgin Nerite snails though.

celacanthr

Originally Posted by wax32
They will be fine. The Halloween Hermit is from Hawaii though, so I wouldn't add it to a Florida biotope tank.
Too bad they don't have free shipping to LA.

Hmmmm...
They collect almost everything that they have from the keys, and surrounding florida area, and when they don't (which is fairly rare), they usually say something. Are you sure this couldn't be a different type of hermit?
Also, they usually will give half of shipping to people that subscribe to the newsletter, adn there are several things that they sell that you won't find ANYWHERE else...like my blue brittle star.

celacanthr

Originally Posted by wax32
By the way. That site has a crab they call "Right Handed Hermits". That is the one I call Albino Blood-Sucking Spiders from Mars.

Very Cheap!
Cool! why do you call them that? I may not want any... :scared:

wax32

Just cause that's how they look.

Scarlet hermits aren't from the keys and they stock those too...
At any rate I can't find the halloween hermits anywhere on the site. :thinking:

celacanthr

They are in the members only section. You have to sign up for the newsletter.
Hmmmmmm....well I sent them an email, and i will see what they say...

rubberduck

hmmmm.... wax could u tell me of this "site". email is indyboy1990(at) juno.com. plz send me the site. also are you currently collecting the hermits and the snails cool hos everything going. is the acropora liking the vho's. i have heard good success with those in vho. any future plans besides you collecting zoas. im currently collecting acros in differnet forms of growth and color. cool keep up the updates
travis

greggti

Those "yellow polyps" have become a problem in my tank. Started as a small colony about the size of a chocalate chip cookie(chips ahoy) and now is a blanket. They cover about 10" by 10". They are also now climbing up the glass on the side of my tank. Judging by how well everything seems to do in your tank, pretty soon you will have a 70 gal yellow polyp tank. Good luck with that.

angied

love the pictures...i think thats why i get on here so much is just to look at pictures...thank you of sharing i enjoyed them... :cheer:

puffer9006

where did u get all those form a lfs or off the internet.ivr been looking for certain kinds just cant seem to find them anywhere.
they are so nice looking do you feed them anything special.

appaloosa1

"The ones from the site I showed you are 5.00$ and shipping is free if you live in NC, SC, TN, GA, AL, & FL and order more than 50.00$ (I always buy more than 50.00$ LOL)."
hey could you tell me about this site too! my email is appaloosa1224@hotmail.com
Thanks! And beautiful zoos. I hope I have a tank like that one day

wax32

Originally Posted by RUBBERDUCK
hmmmm.... wax could u tell me of this "site". email is indyboy1990(at) juno.com. plz send me the site. also are you currently collecting the hermits and the snails cool hos everything going. is the acropora liking the vho's. i have heard good success with those in vho. any future plans besides you collecting zoas. im currently collecting acros in differnet forms of growth and color. cool keep up the updates
travis
tried, my email is whacked right now
yup I collect hermits.
The Acropora is doing better than ever under the VHO's as are my 2 Montipora

zoanthids and hermits are what I am after!

wax32

Originally Posted by greggti
Those "yellow polyps" have become a problem in my tank. Started as a small colony about the size of a chocalate chip cookie(chips ahoy) and now is a blanket. They cover about 10" by 10". They are also now climbing up the glass on the side of my tank. Judging by how well everything seems to do in your tank, pretty soon you will have a 70 gal yellow polyp tank. Good luck with that.
If they start going ape I will get the rock they are on out, in a hurry.

wax32

Originally Posted by angied
love the pictures...i think thats why i get on here so much is just to look at pictures...thank you of sharing i enjoyed them... :cheer:
You are welcome! Gald you enjoy them.

wax32

Originally Posted by puffer9006
where did u get all those form a lfs or off the internet.ivr been looking for certain kinds just cant seem to find them anywhere.
they are so nice looking do you feed them anything special.

Some from my LFS's and some from the internet.
I feed Cyclop-eeze wafers and DSV spray dried phyto.