Zoanthids: Some Eyecandy!

waterpolo

Originally Posted by coastieslk
hey wax where do you get all your zoos at a local lfs if so where, and do you want to do any trading.
Good luck!

reefiness

i also just got a colony of yellows on monday, i have heard once that each polyp needs to be fed, is that true??

wax32

Originally Posted by coastieslk
hey wax where do you get all your zoos at a local lfs if so where, and do you want to do any trading.
I get most of my zoanthids from an online vendor. I also get some from Rick's Reef in Metairie, LA and from Aquatic Specialties in Kenner, LA.
It's a little early for me to start trading frags, most of these have only been in my tank a month or two.

wax32

Originally Posted by reefiness
i also just got a colony of yellows on monday, i have heard once that each polyp needs to be fed, is that true??
No. Sun Polyps, which are a whole other coral, are the ones that need to be fed individually.
Parazoanthus sp., aka "yellow polyps" get food like any zoanthids that eat... from the water column.

waterpolo

Originally Posted by wax32
No. Sun Polyps, which are a whole other coral, are the ones that need to be fed individually.
Parazoanthus sp., aka "yellow polyps" get food like any zoanthids that eat... from the water column.
To hand feed each of your polyps would take a lot of dedication.

wax32

Originally Posted by waterpolo
To hand feed each of your polyps would take a lot of dedication.
That's for sure!

wax32

Originally Posted by Emperor11
WOW WAX!! GAWGEOUS! If you dont mind me asking, what kind of gravel do you have? I love it!
I have 75 pounds of Bimini Pink live sand from CarribSea. I like it a lot. Mostly fine sand with a few larger pieces of rock and shell mixed in.

wax32

I picked up 6 new hermit crabs today!!!
4 that are basically white, plus 1 that is beige with orange stripes and one that is all sorta pinkish tan. This brings my total different types of hermits in my tank to TEN!!

I'll try to snap some pictures tomorrow.
I also swapped my 250w MH pendant for an Icecap 660 ballast and three more VHO bulbs. This will bring me to 5 actinic bulbs and 2 10k bulbs all VHO for a total of 665w.

wax32

I also picked up a rock full of really nice looking shrooms. So they aren't zoanthids, sue me!

emperor11

I have 75 pounds of Bimini Pink live sand from CarribSea. I like it a lot. Mostly fine sand with a few larger pieces of rock and shell mixed in.
Thanks!

emperor11

4 that are basically white, plus 1 that is beige with orange stripes and one that is all sorta pinkish tan. This brings my total different types of hermits in my tank to TEN!!

I also swapped my 250w MH pendant for an Icecap 660 ballast and three more VHO bulbs. This will bring me to 5 actinic bulbs and 2 10k bulbs all VHO for a total of 665w.

I know you have SPS Wax...I thought you HAD to have halides to keep SPS. Maybe I am wrong?

waterpolo

CAn that many watts support hard corals?

wax32

Originally Posted by Emperor11
I know you have SPS Wax...I thought you HAD to have halides to keep SPS. Maybe I am wrong?
I have a couple. I'm about to find out if you need MH or not.

wax32

Originally Posted by waterpolo
CAn that many watts support hard corals?
I'm going to find out.

wax32

Originally Posted by misty7850
Cool pictures... love your website, :jumping:
Thanks Misty!