Originally Posted by Bronco300
good luckm you ought to take pic by pic details to show "how to" for others
Good idea, but too late!

Here are the pictures I took though:

Testing...

A lot of bulbs...

... and wires!

wax32

I used super glue to hold all the endcap mounts in place and then I used a strip of egg crate as a backup to make sure the lights wouldn't fall in the water in case the super glue decided to not work.

wax32

I used an LED flashlight to get this picture of some "Super Tongan" Nassarius snails in action last night:

The shrooms on the left are the ones I picked up yesterday. The clam shell was a T. maxima
my wife bought me last August for my birthday. It died a few days later, even before Katrina would've killed it.

wax32

Naw, traded it to the LFS for the new VHO stuffs.
And thanks.
BTW, did you see next month's Coral Magazine is featuring, wait for it...
HERMIT CRABS!!!

celacanthr

WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Oh, i wish I knew more about hermits...maybe someone (wax maybe :thinking:) should write an article (IOTM maybe :thinking:) about them (February's maybe :thinking:)
Anyhoooo...I have these neat (ferocious...killed a HUGE astrea of mine) hermits. they were marketed as blue legged hermits, but some are blue, but knuckles are orange, and others just have the orange knuckles. Oh, and they are from florida.

wax32

HMM. And you don't think they are carribean blue leg hermits? Can you get a picture of them?
I have a few of the blue legs and they never pose for pictures like my others do. Do these crabs have spiky hair on their legs? Are their bodies flatter than your average hermit? If so, they might be from the Dardanus
genus... big and not reef safe! Woot.

bronco300

no,but if they do fall out of the space, what if it busts on the eggcrate? or is it close enough that it wouldnt be a worry

wax32

Look at the picture, the egg crate is touching the endcaps. If the glue comes loose it has a millimeter of drop, if that.

wax32

By the way, I found out the family on the acro crab from earlier in the thread:

Xanthiid Crab

wax32

Now I need to research more and figure out what genus it is from.
Edit: Looks like it is from the genus Tetralia. I came to this conclusion based on research on the web, mainly here.