Zoanthids: Some Eyecandy!

wax32

Originally Posted by Bronco300
thats some gorgeous algae you had you wanna do some trading sometime?
Sure, got any nice cyanobacteria?

BTW, those halloween hermits are said to eat cyano. I know for a fact that Dardanus
genus hermits do, I have seen it with my own 2 eyes!

sfe

OMG. Every picture on this thread is amazing. So a yellow tang ate all that algae along with the domino and some snails? What about the green algae that is on the rock. It's not hair algae, just regular green algae that grows on rock. You really can't scrub it off since it's hard to get it off. Here is a picture of my rock that has it all over it.

sfe

It's the rock with all of those holes in it kind of to the left of those crabs which I have no idea what kind they are.

wax32

Originally Posted by SFE
It's not hair algae, just regular green algae that grows on rock.
That kind of algae is fine. The hermits and snails and pods eat it. It is a good thing to have in your tank IMO.
And yes, the tang and domino ate that stuff like it was going out of style, they put a HUGE dent in it after only 2 days. They got seriously fat!

wax32

you fine that helps out, makes a big diff?
Dunno, but I have ZERO phosphates and a lot of fish that I feed a lot.

sfe

Oh, ok. But what kind of hermits are these. I have noticed you like hermits wax. Here is a closer pic.

wax32

If you pick them up and get a picture of them coming out of their shell I might be able to tell. I just see a couple of shells in your picture.

bronco300

but seriously, if you want any of the zoos i showed ya id be more than happy to share a thermos with you.... :joy:
when those hermits get you, does it hurt?

sfe

thats a nice picture of an electric blue. :joy:
i will try and get a picture. Both of my digitals are dead right now but i will see if i can charge them.

wax32

Originally Posted by SFE
thats a nice picture of an electric blue. :joy:
i will try and get a picture. Both of my digitals are dead right now but i will see if i can charge them.
Thanks! I am looking forward to your pictures!

wax32

but seriously, if you want any of the zoos i showed ya id be more than happy to share a thermos with you.... :joy:
when those hermits get you, does it hurt?
Maybe soon. I want to see what they do under these new lights before I start chopping them up! milomlo wants some of mine too!

And no, their claws are small, its a little pinch.

celacanthr

The ones from the site I showed you are 5.00$ and shipping is free if you live in NC, SC, TN, GA, AL, & FL and order more than 50.00$ (I always buy more than 50.00$ LOL).
I am setting up a 15-20 gallon tank as a florida keysw biotope, and there aren't gonna be any corals, or fish. I am gonna order some of those not-reef-safe hermits to put in the tank. Whatcha think?
My only concerns are that:
a)they will get to big
b)they will eat all of my plants, and macro-algaes

hurt

Wax, what type of camera do you use? It takes some incredible shots. I have an HP with 3.2 mp and the pictures I take of my tank look like crap. Very nice pictures and tank though.