Zooanthid growth Race!!!!

anubisxero

This is going to be tons of fun. Hopefully next time i'll be able to participate in something like this. I've just started on sanding/staining/painting the stand and 90g tank.

renogaw

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
OK drawing names......
Drumroll please.. .. . .. . . .. ..
Challenger #1- Hailing from CT Representing PC we have-Renogaw
Challenger #2- Hailing from FL representing T-5 we have-SaltnOOb
Challenger #3- Hailing from NC Representing MH we have-Grumpygils
Challenger #4- Hailing from NV representing Swirly Walmart Bulbs-ReefForBrains
I will frag the colonies and see, they are all large and I am sure it wont be an issue but I want to send decent frags around 10-15 heads of each color so If I wind up having a few extra then we can bring in a more competitors. We can cross that bridge when we get there and I know I have plenty for at least the four of us. Ill frag them all on Sunday and prep for shipping.
I will send the frags in little lots of 10-15 heads, but then when when we begin lets all try to have the same 2 or 3 headed mini frags so we all start as even as we can.
Most all of you have my email but here it is again if you dont.
reefnut@clearwire.net
Please include your ID so I know who you are if emailing me
and to those that it applies we can prep for shipping, I plan to send out in about a week or so.
Zoos to go out are 10-15 head frags of each of the colors below to each participant:
Purple with Blue mouth.
Brown with orange mouth
Bright green zoo
To everyone watching and following allong this should be tons of fun. To those participating please be prepared for trash talking and tons of picture taking.
A special note to everyone that requested to join. It is SO hard to exclude people so if there are more frags then I will send more but I want to be able to send decent sized frags to everyone. Contest or not, these folks participating are paying good money for shipping and I dont want to send the little cheapo auction site sized frags. They should be nice little clumps. Please dont feel left out if you didnt get into it. I very much enjoy these boards and I hope there is no ruffled feathers. I am stoked about the interest but I had no idea the idea would go over soo well.
-RFB
P.S. , Im gonna whoop some arse for the little guy with my little Swirly Bulb!!!.
My growth rate is going to stomp on your pathetic attempts like wet bags of groceries!!
Workin mans hero right here baby!!! *flexes at the monitor*
There had to start the trash talkin eary! LOL lets have fun everyone!!!!

I fart in your general direction. Come back, and i shall taunt you a second time!

Thanks for picking me :) i guess with the four of us growing zoos, we can probably work something out with those who were excluded afterwards and ship out some extra heads :)

reefkprz

I can see this is definatly going to be more fun than a kick in the teeth.

lets hear some fun, non demeaning trash talk. I wish I could in on the shipping god this would be a blast. oh well maybe the next race...

grumpygils

OK drawing names......
Drumroll please.. .. . .. . . .. ..
Challenger #1- Hailing from CT Representing PC we have-Renogaw
Challenger #2- Hailing from FL representing T-5 we have-SaltnOOb
Challenger #3- Hailing from NC Representing MH we have-Grumpygils
Challenger #4- Hailing from NV representing Swirly Walmart Bulbs-ReefForBrains
I will frag the colonies and see, they are all large and I am sure it wont be an issue but I want to send decent frags around 10-15 heads of each color so If I wind up having a few extra then we can bring in a more competitors. We can cross that bridge when we get there and I know I have plenty for at least the four of us. Ill frag them all on Sunday and prep for shipping.
I will send the frags in little lots of 10-15 heads, but then when when we begin lets all try to have the same 2 or 3 headed mini frags so we all start as even as we can.
Most all of you have my email but here it is again if you dont.
reefnut@clearwire.net
Please include your ID so I know who you are if emailing me
and to those that it applies we can prep for shipping, I plan to send out in about a week or so.
Zoos to go out are 10-15 head frags of each of the colors below to each participant:
Purple with Blue mouth.
Brown with orange mouth
Bright green zoo
To everyone watching and following allong this should be tons of fun. To those participating please be prepared for trash talking and tons of picture taking.
A special note to everyone that requested to join. It is SO hard to exclude people so if there are more frags then I will send more but I want to be able to send decent sized frags to everyone. Contest or not, these folks participating are paying good money for shipping and I dont want to send the little cheapo auction site sized frags. They should be nice little clumps. Please dont feel left out if you didnt get into it. I very much enjoy these boards and I hope there is no ruffled feathers. I am stoked about the interest but I had no idea the idea would go over soo well.
-RFB
P.S. , Im gonna whoop some arse for the little guy with my little Swirly Bulb!!!.
My growth rate is going to stomp on your pathetic attempts like wet bags of groceries!!
Workin mans hero right here baby!!! *flexes at the monitor*
There had to start the trash talkin eary! LOL lets have fun everyone!!!!
I could probably just use my refugium against this group of wannabees! I once grew an Acropora frag from one inch to 2 feet in a week! These zoos will probably look like Audrey II in the Little Shop of Horrors when I am done.
Mc

P

pasphotography

awesome... I think we need photos the minute they are put into the tank so we can see closed up view of each frag. Then the second photo should be once all the polyps are open on each frag.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by PASPhotography
awesome... I think we need photos the minute they are put into the tank so we can see closed up view of each frag. Then the second photo should be once all the polyps are open on each frag.
I think I will have Godwin9's web cam set up.
Mc

grumpygils

Originally Posted by saltn00b
alright - the check is in the mail!
you fools are goin down like harry potter!
Money sent yesterday. I thought you all saw that I was selected and figured it would be useless to grow against me and booted? I am ready for the "smack down"!
Mc

reefkprz

Its all good. I know why I wasnt picked....... you knew I would win......
the advantage would be unfair really.
(had to talk a little smack even if I didnt get picked.
)

grumpygils

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
)
RFB, where do we stand?
Mc

reefforbrains

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
)
Yeah, thats why, We wanted to keep the race to Mortal Hobbiests, and your Godlike abilities to grow coral would have dashed everyones hopes..... Participants would be throwing themselves off bridges and we couldnt have that now could we.
Originally Posted by grumpygils

RFB, where do we stand?
Mc
I have 6 packages going out on Monday morning. I really underestimated shipping charges and so I will be forced to wait. The green zoos are giving me a ton of grief. The rocks they are on are hard old skeleton and they dont want to budge. Ill keep fighting but worst case, may have to omit them. Ill replace them with Clove polyps or some other third item no worries. Hope no one minds.
Excuses, but I dont trust sending them on a Friday. So Monday works best on my end. Hope everyone isnt forming a lynch mob yet. Monday shouldnt be any issue.
-RFB

reefkprz

Yeah, thats why, We wanted to keep the race to Mortal Hobbiests, and your Godlike abilities to grow coral would have dashed everyones hopes..... Participants would be throwing themselves off bridges and we couldnt have that now could we.
that paragraph just made my morning, what riot.

renogaw

I have 6 packages going out on Monday morning. I really underestimated shipping charges and so I will be forced to wait. The green zoos are giving me a ton of grief. The rocks they are on are hard old skeleton and they dont want to budge. Ill keep fighting but worst case, may have to omit them. Ill replace them with Clove polyps or some other third item no worries. Hope no one minds.
Excuses, but I dont trust sending them on a Friday. So Monday works best on my end. Hope everyone isnt forming a lynch mob yet. Monday shouldnt be any issue.
-RFB

monday is memorial day.

grumpygils

-RFB
Sounds great.
I predict a lot of gnawing and nashing of teeth from my competitors. RFB, how much is shipping? We don't want to stiff you! I sent $20.
Mc

P

pasphotography

So... What is the status of the frag race? Im anxious to see the before photos.

renogaw

Originally Posted by PASPhotography
So... What is the status of the frag race? Im anxious to see the before photos.
i'm thinking we'll see the start tomorrow.

renogaw

I got my box (well, grumpygil's hehe) today. I took pics of the corals after temp acclimating.
so how are we going to do this?

grumpygils

Originally Posted by renogaw
I got my box (well, grumpygil's hehe) today. I took pics of the corals after temp acclimating.
so how are we going to do this?
Hey RFB,
It looks like I am getting boned here. I had a person at the house all day while I was out. I checked the tracking number and they said they delivered at 10:30 am. It is not here. After waiting 30 minutes on the phone a rep told me he could not confirm the mailing address as it is not in his system. I assume it went to the right address in Holly Springs, NC. All he said was it was left in Holly Springs but no address shown in their pitiful system. I officially hate USPS! I have gone to all of my neighbors in the culdesac and no one has it. I have to call Monday am to ask the local office the deal. I hate them but will ping you if something changes. I hate them!
Mike Mc
P.S. USPS sucks and I hate them!
P.S.S. I hope their is a USPS rep that reads this and can hang their head in shame. They need also need to hear RFBs shipping story!

grumpygils

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Hey RFB,
It looks like I am getting boned here. I had a person at the house all day while I was out. I checked the tracking number and they said they delivered at 10:30 am. It is not here. After waiting 30 minutes on the phone a rep told me he could not confirm the mailing address as it is not in his system. I assume it went to the right address in Holly Springs, NC. All he said was it was left in Holly Springs but no address shown in their pitiful system. I officially hate USPS! I have gone to all of my neighbors in the culdesac and no one has it. I have to call Monday am to ask the local office the deal. I hate them but will ping you if something changes. I hate them!
Mike Mc
P.S. USPS sucks and I hate them!
P.S.S. I hope their is a USPS rep that reads this and can hang their head in shame. They need also need to hear RFBs shipping story!

Update, Received Frags, they were in my neighbors mail box. I only looked on everyones's front porch or asked them. Neighbor was out. Well, I am drip acclimating right now. They were shipped Wed and baked in a black mailbox all day (Sat). If these guys make it, it will be a miracle and a true testiment to RFB's hardy stock! I will send picks ASAP.
P.S. Nice sized zoa frags!
Mc