Zooanthid growth Race!!!!

isistius

this is gonna be good. there's so many fighting words, i can't wait for the mud slinging!!!!!!!!! it's gonna be better than a t-5 vs mh debate thread!!!!

renogaw

Originally Posted by grumpygils
I will go a long time.... 16 weeks, after that my frags will be too big for my 100G frag tank. On another note, They haven't come out yet. One frag is totally dormant and the other has 3 micro orange polyps with the other 15 or so way shut. Clove seems to be toast. Dang USPS!
Mc
same here, i have about half the polyps open on the zoos, although the clove looks like it is trying to open. hopefully by saturday everything will have had enough time to open :)

autofreak44

*in sexy announcer voice* in the right corner we have saltNOOB and RFB swirly bulb man and in the right corner we have renogaw and grumpy gills. well ladies and gents its the moment you have all been waiting for...
dingdingding! and its off! the polyps are...they are........ .. ... just sitting there! wow folks this is not the display i thought i would see from any of the contestants here tonight. its almost like watching grass grow! this is realy heating up! its almost 78-80 degrees in here and dang these lights are intense! it seems all the talk of competition has been forged into a battle of patience and perseverence!
here is the list of tonights contestants
saltnoob- with an impressive 150 gallon reef and 2 years of experience under his belt, hes getting his game face on for the match
ReefForBrains- clearly the favorite, and although he could choose his 65 reef as his weapon, he comes out confidently with his six gallon with the WALMART SWIRLY BULB yes ladies and gentleman you heard me right. with this curve ball, some may question his judgement. it will be interesting indeed
Renogaw- hes got a 75 gallon tank and over 3000 posts to back him up so hopefully his bounty of knowledge can pull him through this brutal blood bath
Grumpygills-grumpy gills with his astounding 6 tanks including a 100 frag tank will prove to be a difficult opponent for our other contestants
well these contestants arent going anywere soon so we will take this opertunity for a brief comercial break. dont go anywhere, we will be right back

grumpygils

Originally Posted by autofreak44
alright that took to long to make im tired.... byby
AF44,
You are now the official announcer! RFB, still waiting for the polyps to come out......I think they are holding back for an explosion!
Mc

isistius

af-
is that it? that's all you can come up with? are we in round 2 yet, cause i was out on the concourse getting a hotdog and pretzel. oh yeah, and a REALLY BIG BEER. what did i miss?

renogaw

blood bath indeed :) i have 8 month old pc lights and less reef experience than all of the rest :)

rebelprettyboy

hmm first time i found this thread I will keep an eye out on this one!! Wish I could have found it earlier maybe I could have also jumped in!

grumpygils

Originally Posted by petieaztec
can someof you post say in another thread how you get your zoos to grow so good?

Since I will soon demonstrate that I am the only one qualified to respond to your question, I will have to refrain from telling my secrets until we have determined myself the winner.

Grumpygils

petieaztec

Since I will soon demonstrate that I am the only one qualified to respond to your question, I will have to refrain from telling my secrets until we have determined myself the winner.

Grumpygils
ahhhhhh, i see. well when you win you will have to tell me your secrets i will be waiting!

isistius

Grumpygils
oh smack!!! i think i heard the bell for round 2. ding...ding....(pronounced correctly in the style of apollo creed)

grumpygils

Originally Posted by saltn00b
simma down. round one hasnt even started
I could really show my dominance if they would open up! If they could just see my face, they would know they are in the prescence of greatness! I guess the 2.5 day trip in 90 degree weather put a hurting on them. Organ pipe is toast. I am heading to the keys next week and should just plant them on the reef and pick them up next time down. I guess updated PICS would be hard from the reef?
Mc

autofreak44

Originally Posted by saltn00b
simma down. round one hasnt even started
whats this ladies and gentleman?! the round hasn't even started?! this is quite a twist... ok reefing fans we will be back when the round begins, hold on to your seats! we will be right back

P

pasphotography

Mine arent here yet... Hopefully Tomorrow I will get them in the mail. BUT... just so I can talk some smack since Ive been on the down low so far. Check out this photo of some previously fragged zoos from a colony of mine. (fragged 1.5 months ago), all Zoo's were the same size. The palys are 3/4" in Dia. and the Neon Greens are just under that in Dia. The height is at least 2-1/4" Tall. How bout that growth. There are 3 new polyps total in that time frame as well. Maybe not the best growth in #'s but certainly a decent Size increase.