Search results

1. dmanatee

Helping out a friend with a 46 Bowfront

Hello all! I haven't started a thread on here is seems in ages! Anyway, I am helping some friends "restock" their 46 bow front reef aquarium. It crashed awhile ago after the lfs gave them alot of bad advice. They had over 10 fish in their tank, including a yellow tang needless to say, their tank...
  2. dmanatee

just checking on compatibility

hello everyone haven been in for quite a while. anyway, I am restocking my 200 gallon tank. current members is a 2 antennade lion fish, and a 2 1/2 this wrasse. I was looking at a 5 in cow fish and was wondering if I could add him to the tank. I have read where some people say no wrasses of any...
  3. dmanatee

opinions on lighting choice for 125 gallon reef tank

Hello everyone, wow I havent been on this forum in a while. Mabey that is a good thing since all of my tanks have been happy and healthy. Anywhoo..So I am chainging out my old Current pro t-5 system on my 125 for a "hopefully" Led system and have been searching though all the differnet types...
  4. dmanatee

New corals in the tank?

Hello everyone. I have been away on buisness for a while and now I am back. To make things short, while I was away, my roomates were takeing care of my aquarium and they kept talking about this strange coral growing though my leather cabage and under my devils hand. Now I have come back, and...
  5. dmanatee

Clam too close to mushrooms?

I have a croccra (I know I mispelled that), but anyway It is surrounded now by purple harry mushroom...Should I be worried for the clam. I opens well and what not. I just dont want to see it get irritated by the mushrooms? Am I over reacting. I will try to get a picture up asap.
  6. dmanatee

Need suggestions for a RO/DI Unit

Ok guys I have a question about RO/DI units and am looking for personal experiance here. Where are well is located up here in montana we dont get the best water pressure. So does anyone know of a 4 or five stager that can handle the low water pressure and still get some water out. looking for...
  7. dmanatee

Too many fish???

Well I am back on the hint for a final fish for my 125 gallon tank, And I have been wanting to stock it with a hippo tang. Now my boyfriend is trying to get me to get a sailfin tang too. I just think this is far too much for this tank. I have also read that they have a tendency to beat each...
  8. dmanatee

Death to Fedex

Well yay! I thought I was going to be getting a 5-6in hippo tang yesterday. I had ordered it through my LFS and their policy is that they order it and it gets sent to your house. Well I had confirmation on Wednesday that it was to be here Thursday morning priority shipped and to be at the house...
  9. dmanatee

Fish with Lymphocystis?

I was at my friends house yesterday and was watching her aquarium when we noticed that the Hippo tang in her tank had a strange cottony growth on tip of fin and nose. We looked it up and think that it might be Lymphocystis . For sanity's sake the water params are as follows...
  10. dmanatee

ID please. Strange bubble creatures?

Hello again. OK I found these weird bubble like creatures. It looks like the comprise themselves from about five bubbles like appendages from a central mouth. at first I though that they were eggs but i realized that they are coming from the rock. I tried to take some pictures but they are only...
  11. dmanatee

Question about fish medication/Treatment product

Hello out there! I hope all are well, including your fish...don't worry mine are healthy too...Knock on wood. Anyway I went to my LFS today just to poke around and they had this huge display for the Microbe-Lift products. Especially Herbtana and Artemis. I question that these chemicals are as...
  12. dmanatee

Id..Good, bad or just ugly?

You have to love moving aquariums...Well anyway while moving some of my live rock and corals into a "half way" tub I noticed some algae that I haven't noticed before. Some of it is creeping out from under my purple mushroom and I need to find out what it is, and if I should have concern that...
  13. dmanatee

dmanatee's tank stand building experiance and garage take over.

Hello all you out there in the fishworld, and esspecialy the DIY'ers. So here is the skinny. My boyfriend found me a 125gal aquarium and all the "stuff" for it, for my birthday, and thought it would be great to finnaly upgrade from my 55. Since then we have been going back and forth over plans...
  14. dmanatee

Moving a creeping gorgonian.

Hi guys, well moving day for my fish is coming soon. i will be moving a significant portion of my old 55 into a new 125 gallon. In the process though, I need to move a large creeping Gorgonian "encrusting gorgonian" Problem is, that it has fused two large rocks together that I need to seperate...
  15. dmanatee

Weird symbiotic relationship?

This is a first for me. I have had my tank going for many years without any sand sifting “fish” but I was recently given a Diamond Goby. Now I know they have been known in the past to have relationships with pistol shrimp. But mine seems to live in the same cave as my serpent star fish. During...