100g Volitan/Rhinopias tank build.

cranberry

Thanks. He is an exceptional boy.
But he's staring at me constantly now. He's worse than my dogs. Can someone tell him he cannot have chicken nuggets!

cranberry

Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3166346
Nice looking tank! It's so mono tone! haha it'll be really nice with the macros and things in there, plus the fondosa to brighten it up!
It's scary white, isn't it. It's LR that has been cooking forever in a closet. I really should take a piece out and stick it in his old tank for a month.
The Eschy will be coming over too. The volitan, the frondosa and the eschy.

skate020

whens the other fish going in? i found another tank, ALORT cheaper then the tall one, 6' long, 18" wide nd 18" tall, the lion and angels should like that? hopefully my lion will turn out like that.
my LFS has a fully grown Fu Manchu lion, so i might get that and put it in another tank and do wat you done by gettin a dwarf lion with some anglers or so:D
will they mix ok?

cranberry

Not moving anyone for awhile. The tank has to catch up with this big bioload. I cycled this rock for over a year and I'm still worried about a parameter burp.
I don't mix anglers with much of anything.
The new 100g will house the lion.... not the angel.
Fu mans are really REALLY hard at converting to frozen. Do you have access to ghostshrimp?

skate020

ah yes i forgot the bioload for a large lion is huge.
ahh fair enough, i may just scrap the idea lols.
i can get ghost shrimp very cheap, 10 for £1,
i thought a 6 foot long tank would house a angel?
i may do some research on it thens, see wat'll it'll go with and might do it lols:D

rlablan

Nope... I took down the tank... Sold the fish... I have just lost my passion for it I guess... It made me really sad...
So instead of having my own, I'll live through cranberry's lion and lion tank...

melypr1985

Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3171298
Nope... I took down the tank... Sold the fish... I have just lost my passion for it I guess... It made me really sad...
So instead of having my own, I'll live through cranberry's lion and lion tank...
you took down both tanks?!? OMG! I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you get your passion back! anyway, if your going to live vicariously through somebody's tank cranberry's is deffinately the one to go with.

rlablan

well, no... There is our office tank is still up, but there was a mishap with it yesterday too, and now I don't know who is going to live and who is not.... And there is a 55 cyclying in the living room, but I got rid of the big 200... don't have the passion for the upkeep and all that...
But Yes, cranberry is the person... her tanks are awesome! I love the setups!!

cranberry

WHAT! You took down the tank! But... But....
This is mine having a seat. This is the sitting on the bottom that is more normal.

skate020

wow, i actually do adore your lion, i want one soooo bad, but i want triggers, ahhh such a hard deicion lolss.
rlablan im soo sorry to hear you lost the passion, hopefully sometime soon your'll get back into it:D
why not set up a little tank to start off with like cranberry did, like with the 5g to house her lion when juvi. then 60g, then eventually the 100, then you get to see the hole show of the growing process:D

cranberry

Actually it was a 5g --> 24g --> 60g --> 100g. That last move was very stressful and I'm not sure I would do it that way again. He was too big of a fish to move easily this last time. A better procedure would have been to bypass the 60g altogether and for him to have gone from the 24g to the 100g.
I've had the rock for the 100g cycling in the closet for over a year. I don't think I would have gotten away without a burp in the system if I hadn't of done that. He's like dumping 10 anthias in a tank all at once.
I do think he is exceptional looking. Had no idea he would turn out with the beautiful colours and patterns he has... luck of the draw. But I also think it has to do with the varied diet and vitamins he eats.... diet is everything.

rlablan

Yeah I kept the burrfish from the 200 gallon tank. He is about 4 inches total and I set it up in the living room. He is in the 55 gallon by himself and I am going to set him up a little sponge and gorgonian reef. With alot of rock and really make it a show piece. I am gonna get a him B/W clown for a friend and maybe something else. And then call it good. It's a 55 gallon and it's a nice setup and it's small.
I am really sad about that lion but like I said, as long as cranberry keeps posting pictures, that will get me through...

cranberry

He won't stop staring at me. I put a baseball cap on.... he still knows it's me. It's like a dog begging....

cranberry

He's staring at his Food God. It's rather unnerving. I can feel eyes on me constantly. He was in the bedroom before, he's not use to seeing me 24/7.