100g Volitan/Rhinopias tank build.

rlablan

LOL that is too funny. I can't believe that! So I know you raised him from a baby... How long have you had him now?

S

shrimpy brains

Aww, he love's his mommy! Maybe you could give him a little belly rub, but BE CAREFUL! %h
DISCLAIMER: This was just a lame attempt at humour! Please, DO NOT belly rub or pet, in any fashion, your lionfish, scorpionfish, jellyfish, or any other stinging critter!!

melypr1985

well, we can only hope you dont get the beautiful ruby red slime algea after that!!
(like me
) lol! at least the diatoms will go away soon.

cranberry

It actually looks better than the white..... Waiting for this to clear before I put the coralline pieces in there.

skate020

haha i hated my diatom problem:(
dont know how i got rid of it, i added 2 snails :L
they bred tho, have about a million now lols.
argggg cranberry you make this sooo hard. i dno whether to choose from a lionfish, or some triggers.
grrrr to your beautiful lion lols.
you reckon a lion would be ok with a pair of blue jaws?
there usually harmless. if thats ok, then thats wat i want lols

cranberry

Thank you!
I don't think we are going to hang the light fixture. We are moving the beginning of next year and are starting to re-evaluate poking holes in stuff we'll have to fix. So, even though it'll be a little sad looking for a bit, I think we're just going to leave it be and deal with the inconvenience of getting in and out of there.
I'll have to take some pictures of the diatom progression. I added a Red Scarlet that I had in QT. I have some snails almost ready to go in, need to order some more to put into QT.
Placed a couple strands of suction cup caulerpa in there. I've actually never kept suction cup, curious to see if it behaves differently that the rest.

skate020

awhh that sucks. atleast you could get a bigger place and get more tanks:D
and then setting them all up again could be fun within itself too.
i hope it all goes well,
yeh the lion trigger thing is soo mixed in info, alot of ppl have kept them together without a problem but alot also have tried and failed. hopefully the blue jaws will be different considering there very pacive. but once again its down to chance.
i suppose i'll have to ponder on it.
cranberry, i love your tanks and fish, there soo nice. when i start to get my bigger fish i will deffinately start supplementing there food. the look of your lion is sensational compared to alot i've seen.

cranberry

The actual move makes me wanna cry.... but we are moving to our final destination and all our big ole tanks will then happen. We are going to have a tank with all sorts large lions. It's going to be a floor to ceiling type tank. Our coldwater, non-photosynthetic biotope. Our Reef Overhang tank. The Garden Eel tank.... OMG I can't wait.