100g Volitan/Rhinopias tank build.

J

jstdv8

Ha, cranberry, I have almot he exact same set up. i have a lionfish amongst a bunch of white rocks in a 90 gallon. my brown algae went away in about 1.5 weeks. no biggie.
unlike you though, I got the lion with the tank and I want a reef so im looking to get to lion to a new home so I cna move forward with mine. hes about 9-10" and floats around like a ghost. he stares and my 2 year old like a light snack when he gets close to the tank LOL

skate020

haha that does suck about the move.
atleast you can get loads more tanks:D
could turn your house into a sea-life centre:D
make some extra money, to spend on more tanks:D lols

cranberry

When the fronnie moves out, all the the little scorps and blotched anthias will move in. I am a nervous wreck. These guys will be hard to replace if something goes wrong.
*bites on finger tips*
We're going to a different store to look for a CUC.

cranberry

We're back with a CUC. Moving some purple stuff from the 60g.
I bought 2 scarlets... I never buy hermits. Let's see what these do.

cranberry

Little rocks and shells and stuff we put in there so it could turn colour.... hubby is doing a last few adjustments and then it's the big purple thing....
We just saw one of our dream fish. A yellow dwarf fuzzy. A little pricier than I'd hoped for, but I hope to make a cash offer. Problem is, he had a very mild cloudy eye and a unshealthed spine. I told him, if they are careful with him and they "clean him up" and they have a buyer. After having him a couple of months I bet they were ticked that he got a cloudy eye just as we show up.... you could tell it just started and the guy hadn't even seen it yet.
But if they clear him up.... he's ours!

cranberry

Yes, I could in a heartbeat. I had to turn and leave when I saw them hauling out the Melafix. But even if he was half off due to "damage"... it was still too big of a price tag for him not to be perfect.
All I could say on the way home was "OMG, I hope they don't kill him".

cranberry

OMG! He's in! He's in!
I don't think the lion remembers his tankmate..... he's giving him a hard looking over!

cranberry

Oh heck! We forgot about the nem.... he needs to be moved to the 100g too. There's going to be too many small bottom dwellers to stay where he is. That nem is a good ole friend at about 8 years. But the sand isn't deep enough.... he's not going to be happy.
There's also some corals to go in here. Zoas, GSP more mushrooms. Gonna tuck my dendro in one of those crevices where the lion can't sit on it.