125 Predator Build

A

arlene1995

I wish I could get an Angel... Having a toadfish with a 4" mouth and 2 eels kinda limits me... When I upgrade over the summer, I'll have an angel... Probably a Blueface! I do like the Mimic... Will have to talk to my LFS! Well, here are the pictures!!!! For some reason, my camera hates my Actinic... It always makes a haze...

FTS

Left

Middle

Right

SFE - Roughly 17" based on a measurement today!

Toadfish (9.5") and SFE

Just liked this shot of Puff

A close up of Puff's eye. It REALLY shows his blue iridescent specks!

A

arlene1995

Thanks!! I hated the look with the pipe because I like a tank with depth (envying yours...) and it seemed to cut the tank in half. Removal of the pipe proved to be a good time to re-do the aquascaping... The Pinfish and Puff both seem to enjoy swimming around through the arches...

hefner413

Whoa!! I've missed your thread for a while! That IGOR is CRAZY!! My wife would kill me if I came home with that thing! I think it's awesome though. I really like less common species.

A

arlene1995

LOL. Thanks! It is the weirdest thing I have ever seen come in at my LFS. I tend to try and find the more unique species for my tanks...

we used to catch those ugly things out by the docks, we called em frog-fish becasue they croak like..well frogs! And did you have to buy that pinfish, if so, then I'm sorry. We use them for bait when fishin for sailcats!

Oh, one more thing, if you don't want to see the salt water equivalent to pirahnahs DO NOT PUT SHRIMP IN YOUR TANK, CRABS AND SNAILS MIGHT BE FINE, BUT YOUR TAKING A RISK THERE!!!

A

arlene1995

I believe I have actually caught them off the Jetty at Ponce Inlet. Whatever it is I catch, it is HIDEOUS! Nope, caught that Pinfish on hook and line when he was about 4". Was going to be bait, but I said, "Hmm... that might look good in my tank!" They do make good Barrucuda bait....

A

arlene1995

Shrimp, well, before they even hit the water they are in a bottomless pit... Crab, Fimby loves 'em... Snails, Puff and the Pinfish LOVE 'em... Starfish, no one touches them!! LOL

Lol its been so long since I went salt water fishn, lol Ima get a 10,000gal tank and fish barbless MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAA I'm a genius!!! And yeah, baracuda love em, you think you could get a spanish mac in there? He would probably devour the pinfish though lol!

A

arlene1995

To cycle the tank, I used a dozen bait shrimp and when I put the Pinfish in, over the course of about a week, at night, the shrimp would un-bury themselves and he'd go after them.
I have always wanted to do that.... One day, floor-to-ceiling multi-thousand gallon tank with Reds, Snook, all the good gamefish!!! LOL
Yeah, I could also consider the damsel a goner... Thought about a flounder, but that won't be until I get my 240...

Originally Posted by Arlene1995
http:///forum/post/2922221
To cycle the tank, I used a dozen bait shrimp and when I put the Pinfish in, over the course of about a week, at night, the shrimp would un-bury themselves and he'd go after them.
I have always wanted to do that.... One day, floor-to-ceiling multi-thousand gallon tank with Reds, Snook, all the good gamefish!!! LOL
How did the shrimp make it to the night?!?! LOL!!!
I would so do that too, (if I could!!!). Ima go buy a HUGE backyard pool and do it!!! LOL!!! With everything, reds, speckled, flounders, and a crap-load of baitfish to feed em, and like 20dozen bait shrimp!!! lol

A

arlene1995

I have always wanted to convert one of those modern saltwater pools into some GIANT saltwater tank. You know, the BIG morays, Reds, maybe a Shark, and why limit it to what's out on the salt flats??? Grouper, Jacks, Pompano, and Drums!!! LOL

ca161406

hm how bout a pair of GSMs? orr a lion? orr S&S Puffer to go with your porc.?
they'll move into the 240 nicely too :)

A

arlene1995

First, since I can still be considered a Newb, what's a GSM? I would LOVE a lion, but my Dad doesn't want me to get one and I don't know about my Puffer... Same goes for the S&S Puffer. When I get my 240 I'll for sure get a second puffer...

ca161406

Originally Posted by Arlene1995
http:///forum/post/2923286
First, since I can still be considered a Newb, what's a GSM? I would LOVE a lion, but my Dad doesn't want me to get one and I don't know about my Puffer... Same goes for the S&S Puffer. When I get my 240 I'll for sure get a second puffer...
gold stripe maron clown fish

A

arlene1995

Oh!!! Hmmm.... it depends. If they came in large, I might... But my Toadfish tried to swallow my puffer on Mon. Puff is about 4" and probably 2" wide and an inch tall. He made it in to about his eyes and then was spit out. He didn't even puff.... Most fish that I can find come small... Time shall tell.
Feeding time is shortly so I will try to post a vid later on tonight... Stay tuned!
I am currently hunting for two things: 1-2 Convict Tangs 5"+ or an Orange Spotted Rabbitfish 5"+... Opinions? Thanks!

A

arlene1995

Well, come feeding time, my darn camera didn't want to take a video
. So, I resorted to pics! I got a pretty good FTS, fish pics, and the Toadfish eating. My Fimby however has been on a hunger strike for the last week and a half... UGH. I did get a pic of him, but it isn't super high quality. I'll try to get a vid soon of feeding.
FTS

Fimby

SFE

Best Buds

Toadfish swallowing the feedings stick...