20g Long Nano

mboswell1982

ok, here's some more pics of the sump an the hoses attached to it, i still have no idea how this thing is supposed to hook up, but, i think first 2 pics go down in the tank, draw the water out, into the sump/fuge, through the canister filter, by way of the green hose u see in pics 3 an 4, an then in pic 5, i believe the water comes through that, i think its upside down, an flows through there over the chaeto, pic 6 is the second chamber, and pic 7 is the elbow, with screen, that i found in the bottom of the second chamber and then in pic 8 and 9 is pics of the bottom of the sump/fuge and u can see how the water can flow from section 1 over to section 2, or rather chamber 1 to chamber 2, and i have no idea what those cubes are in there LOL
pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

pic 6

pic 7

pic 8 and 9

1990jpyj

it sounds like you have got it right as far as flow goes. i have no idea what the little cubes are for. and i cannot figure out y that last chamber is there. my only guess(and this is just a weird guess at that) might be where a special protein skimmer was at. i would test that thing in like a bath tube or something and see how the water goes in and out of everything. looks like a very nice place for alot of cheto(and pods) to grow in. if you do a 40g with lots of LR and Pods you could probly do a mandrain goby in there. (i got one he is the coolest fish i have) test it and see what happens

mboswell1982

ill be testing it tomorrow after me an the gf get back from town LOL but, i was told one corner has slightly separated and needs to be resealed, so im gonna have to do that for sure

1990jpyj

not really. i have a HOB filter that runs carbon 24/7, then i have a HOB fuge with lots and lots of pods, and a protein skimmer on top of that so its more like alot of protection i guess.

U

usirchchris

Hmm, I am a little confused as to how this would work...let me first say...VERY NICE TOES
. The green line hooked to the pipe with holes in it makes sense as that would most likely be the intake. It then appears the water would flow into the much smaller section...and I would assume this is where you would have to put your return pump. A small one at that...to me this looks like a refugium as there is not really space for a protein skimmer at least from what I can tell from the pics and is far too skinny to be a sump. The three pipes on the back??? I have never had a refugium perhaps this would make more sense to someone that has.

mboswell1982

but, this isnt a hob filter is it? unless ur talkin about that one piece that goes over the back of the tank into the water LOL its a standard eheim 2217 canister filter according to the top of the filter :p

mboswell1982

ok, the dimensions on chamber 2 are 5 inches by 4 inches, does anyone know of a pump, for a 40g tank :p that would fit in there? LOL

1990jpyj

my guess is that its a HOB fuge. it looks like water has been running out fo those PVC pipes for a while. it also looks like it is supported from those same pipes to HOB and that can filter just sits on the floor. i guess. it doesnt look like theres room for a return pump anywhere. see if you can get some pics of this tank set up even if it doesnt have any water you mgith figure out how it was hooked up

U

usirchchris

Being a fuge you don't really want alot of water movement from my understanding, so it is not really fit for a large pump, cause you normally would not want one in this application
...been wrong before.

mboswell1982

that wont work unfortunately, the tank is in about 30-40 different pieces in a trash can after the lady's hubby dropped it on the way to her car this morning

mboswell1982

hmmmm, any idea on how its supposed to supply water back to the tank then? or does it just pour outta the fuge through those pipes back into the tank?

U

usirchchris

You could probably use a small powerhead to move the water out, but to make this work it would have to be pretty level with the tank as it would not be strong enough to push water up any distance.

1990jpyj

yea test it and let use know how it is. btw you should probly replace all the filter media in the can .you have pronlyalready thought bout that but i just wanted to make sure.