240g in wall shallow reef build

jpa0741

Lots of pics coming! Everything is transfered over. I have found that taking FTS will be next impossible on an 8' tank. I have the trap in there trying to catch a wrasse that doesn't play well with others. Everything has been in there a week now. Must corals and fish seem to being doing pretty well. I have been doing frequent water changes to try to help. Everyday the tank is getting clearer.
Here is a FTS

This series is from the right to left

jpa0741

A couple more pics

Some updated equip. pics

Blower I added to come on when the MH come on. I wasn't having much a problem with heat. Just trying to keep the daily swing to less then 2 degrees.

jpa0741

I just noticed in the first pic the water level looks low. It is not, It is just the reflection from the bottom of the surface. The water level comes even with the trim on around the tank.

A

azul1994

Everything looks great!
You have A LOT of coral pieces in there... those will look awesome when they start to grow.

jpa0741

I decided to try using dosing pumps to dose 2 part instead of a calcium reactor. I know most people on a system of this size would use a reactor, but I got a good deal on these pumps and have a whole 50# bag of driveway heat still left. I also have been using this for a couple years now on my last tank with good results and am very comfortable using it.