240g in wall shallow reef build

ifirefight

Is it possible to post a picture/schematic of the plumbing??? Im trying to get a grasp on it and not really sure how you got that baby plumbed.

jpa0741

Here is a pic with about half of the rock in it. I would like some opinions so far. This is not the final aquascape but an idea of how I think I want it to look. I will probaly get another load of rock sometime within the next week and cont. the theme through the other side. I would also like some opinions on how the base rock looks. I think it looks great but that may be just me. I just like the idea I can play with it as long as I need with no water in the tank. When it is the way I like it I will then seed the base with a few pieces of live rock from my current tank. I will also be adding about 150#s of live rock to the sump.

fish addict

Ya the aquascaping looks pretty sweet to me! Those rics are really pretty too! As far as tangs go I recommend a sailfin, they are one of my personal favorites. Are you thinking about getting any wrasses? There are quite a few that are very cool and can add a lot of color to the tank. Looks SWEET

fish addict

jpa0741

Originally Posted by fish addict
http:///forum/post/2525961
Ya the aquascaping looks pretty sweet to me! Those rics are really pretty too! As far as tangs go I recommend a sailfin, they are one of my personal favorites. Are you thinking about getting any wrasses? There are quite a few that are very cool and can add a lot of color to the tank. Looks SWEET

fish addict
I am planning a doing a pair of crosshatch triggers and maybe 1 tang (probaly a purple). I am also going to do 4-5 warsses.

jpa0741

Ok, I think this is pretty close to the final aquascape. I have found already it will be very hard to get FTS with an 8 ft. tank. It really does look better in person, I think. I feel it will give the fish lots of swimming room but also give me a lot of options for mounting corals. Let me know what you think.

jpa0741

Originally Posted by CPG
http:///forum/post/2527599
So far so good...Cant wait till we see it stocked...How soon?
Probaly won't be for like a month. It is filling now but will take atleast a week with my ro. It does not make water very fast because of the water being so cold. After it is filled I will seed it with a few pieces of LR from my current tank. Also I will probaly add some Turbo start. Then after a month I will probaly transfer all LR from my current tank to the sump. Then transfer fish and corals that are going in the new tank.

luvmybizz

Well, that is wat I have been doing also(looking at plumbing, like u have) and can only hope to get a tank like that some day! Very jelous and can't wait to see the tank set up! I will be keeping a close eye on this thread!

chris2010

Can you give an estimated cost of everything you put into that or is it to personal. Im 16 and would like to get something like that in my house. Marine biologist sounds like a good job for me.