240g in wall shallow reef build

triggerz92

Probably my favorite tank i've seen on this site! Some people have nice tanks with live stock that isn't that impressive but your selection and set up is truly phenomenal!

jpa0741

Originally Posted by Triggerz92
http:///forum/post/2914782
Probably my favorite tank i've seen on this site! Some people have nice tanks with live stock that isn't that impressive but your selection and set up is truly phenomenal!

Thank you Triggerz92 and to everyone else for all the nice compliments

S

sonft

Holy freakin ridiculous massive awesome flamin tank!
Geez guy your after simultaneously inspiring me to join this site just to post how sweet your tank is and at the same time scaring the piss outta me before I start setting up my new 220g tank especially since this is my first foray into saltwater aquariums.
I know next to nothing so I'm taking your advice and scouring forums for advice. I don't even know all the stuff I need to make my tank run but I think your tank is what I've been dreaming about for years now!

jpa0741

Originally Posted by sonft
http:///forum/post/2917994
Holy freakin ridiculous massive awesome flamin tank!
Geez guy your after simultaneously inspiring me to join this site just to post how sweet your tank is and at the same time scaring the piss outta me before I start setting up my new 220g tank especially since this is my first foray into saltwater aquariums.
I know next to nothing so I'm taking your advice and scouring forums for advice. I don't even know all the stuff I need to make my tank run but I think your tank is what I've been dreaming about for years now!
Well WELCOME.
This is the best thing you can do is cruise the forums and ask lots of questions. Nice way to jump into this hobby with a 220. Congrats and burn the credit cards now.

J

jojo727

Originally Posted by jpa0741
http:///forum/post/2918006
Well WELCOME.
This is the best thing you can do is cruise the forums and ask lots of questions. Nice way to jump into this hobby with a 220. Congrats and burn the credit cards now.
Welcome!!! i'm pretty new here myself. that is a great "starter" tank. follow J's advice about the credit cards & tell the mortgae company not to allow you to take out second mortgages either. lol

jpa0741

Update thread of new purchase for the tank. I am really excited for tomorrow. we are having a local swap and I have 15 awesome frags reserved plus whatever else I find while I am there. Will post pics from the swap later next week.
Radiant Wrasse

Red Velvet Wrasse

New Sea Grass Wrasse (last one jumped). I call this my "Radioactive Wrasse".

I picked up a frag of each of these. They are the LFS's pics. I will get pics of them later.
These are sick. They look even better in person.

Candy Apple Reds

Thanks for looking.

jpa0741

Frag swaps are fun
. I got everything listed plus some other stuff and came home with an extra $100 in my pocket. Thanks to selling frags of my own. Here are a few pics of my haul I brought home.

Here is the run down that I can remember.
Pink lemonade
Aqua delight
Tenius
Purple Monster
Lokani
Ponape Birdsnest
Superman monti
Superman digi
Green with pink acro Atl Ultimate Stag
Le Soli
Red Table
Key Lime
German Blue digi
Poker Star monti
Dark Purple Chalice
Tyree Red Oxy
2 Unkown acros
6 Zoa frags not pictured
I know there are some other things I am missing, just too tired.
Also pickedup a 50g Rubbermaid tote for a frag tank.
WOW, I think I need help!:wacko:

jpa0741

I have to say out of all of the frags from the swap. My favorite is the Superman digi. It has pink poyps with a baby blue base. This pic doesn't do it justice.

S

sweetxoxo31

Your tank (I'd call it a sanctuary) is truly remarkable! That tank would be an absolute DREAM come true not just for me but MOST on this board! I'm amazed at the effort, time, patience, careful thought & planning you put into this Project!! It is all so intricate - the plumbing & st up - WOW...Not to mention the HUGE amount of $$ it probably cost you...but what a PAY OFF...everything is coming to life & thriving! Awesome! Isn't the interaction of the tank enjoyment in itself! I'm very IMPRESSED! Really, your hard work is not going unnoticed...If I was in your area, I'd seriously consider using your TALENT to your benefit. You could be making some serious bank consulting with people, businesses etc...think about it??? Doing something you love, knowledgable about and obviously fantastic at doing!!
PS...if my hubby did THAT foe me & our home.....he'd be getting lucky everytime I walked by & saw how BEAUTIFUL it was! LOLOL
Congrats to you & GREAT JOB!!!

Sweet