2700 gallon aquarium pics

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Matrix2316
Just curious if you are worried about the floor sinking or cracking once the water is put in the aquarium? Basement floors are made to float abit and was wondering on how you are dealing with that issue?
While following this thread I also had the same thought.

G

gixster

wow wow wow..very nice..i got a big case of tank envy now..lol..keep the pics coming.IF i ever have the money for that i know who to contact now if i have any questions

R

red79

I should do that in my basement. I have a wall that wraps around just like that and my husband has been wanting to turn it into a bar. Mine would probably be alot smaller than yours though, but great idea. It looks great.

E

exile415

REQUIEM !! WHERES THE SHARKS PAL ? TOO BUSY WATCHING , NONE FOR US

haha just kidding. be sure to post em up when you get your sharks :yes:

thejdshow

Originally Posted by Farmboy
Hey Requiem,
You could get the cello music from "Jaws" and just crank it up when company comes!!
That would be really cool!!
That is a great idea. Except I dont think i would crank it. Just constantly have it playing as a background noise. It would also be funny if you never told anyone about your sharks. Just let them find out for themselves when they come over... haha just an idea

R

red79

Yeah, when are we going to get an update. I know you don't have that gigantic thing sitting around with nthing in it. We are all waiting

requiem

The finish line is near(MONDAY) I will be adding my salt to my aquarium and starting the Nitrogen Cycle. luckily for me this will not take more then 1 weak because I am using pre cycled bio material from my 300 gallon. the filter is going to be finished today after I get the last part for the skimmer. other then that the aquarium is full of water still water testing it to be safe but Sunday I will start filling the aquarium with Di/carbon filtered water.
when the aquarium is finished I will post a how to page on it. with diagrams and where you can get the materials for this DIY aquarium.

photoman

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow.......(whipes drool from chin). Holy fisheyes batman! That is amazing. Dont think I could have one that big in my house. WOW!

flux

Do you have a basement that goes under this tank and if so did you have to add supports? That thing has to be around 27,000lbs. And how thick is the viewing window on that?