29 Biocube--A Work in Process

oak

Thanks I was inspired by seeing the really beatiful reefs and colorfull fish. I was doing freshwater for two years but really wanted to do saltwater. I also think I will do alot of rock moveing. I am doing a 12 gallon reef. I couldn't resist all the corals. Oh sorry I couldn't post this sooner I was really busy.

azreefgirl

Originally Posted by Oak
Thanks I was inspired by seeing the really beatiful reefs and colorfull fish. I was doing freshwater for two years but really wanted to do saltwater. I also think I will do alot of rock moveing. I am doing a 12 gallon reef. I couldn't resist all the corals. Oh sorry I couldn't post this sooner I was really busy.
Start a thread and keep us updated on your progress. Be sure to include pics! :happyfish

sdwarrior

great looking tank! IME fire shrimp hide more than the skunk cleaner, but usually if you get two of em they tend to be very outgoing, just dont get an emerald crab.
-SD

unsung

I've been going to Aquarium Arts and Pets Inc. Have you ever visited Pets Inc? I really enjoy that store they have a great selection and they take really good care of there stock.
I'll have to check out About the Reef, where is that located?

azreefgirl

I got my frogspawn at Pets Inc. I was actually pretty impressed with that place. I don't expect that kind of variety and knowledgeable employees in a place that doesn't specialize exclusively in fish. About the Reef is on Price Rd. about half a block south of Rio Salado. They're great--very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable employees and a nicely kept store.

unsung

Thanks for the directions. I'll have to stop by this weekend.
I heard recently that Pets Inc is now only going to specialize in aquatics and reptiles. With that being said maybe they will expand there saltwater selection. That would be wonderful.

zj4play

Hi Reefgirl...I just started my Biocube a couple of days ago. I used your suggestion and before I did anything I siliconed all around the top. I just have rock and sand at the moment.

azreefgirl

Hey zj--
That's some nice looking rock, and I like the way you've rockscaped! Looks like you're off to a great start! :cheer: Keep us posted on your progress. Can't wait to see what you do with it! :jumping:

zj4play

Thanks for the comments AZ...I will definately keep everyone posted on how it progresses. I am going to the store later today to see about getting a larger powerhead and using some PVC to get some flow behind the rocks to eliminate the dead spots.