29 Biocube--A Work in Process

azreefgirl

Originally Posted by Clownfish4life
where can i buy a jbj nano or an oceanic? i can't find a site that sells anything.
I got mine at lfs. Most of the fish stores around here carry them. If you can't find one that does, go to Oceanic's website and check for retailers in your area. Or you could bug the manager at lfs until they decide to carry them!

agent-x

I finally put the 1200 in the tank. I just "shortened" the endcap and it fit fine in the bottom of the tank. Thanks for the pictures though. not i have the old pump premixing my water for me.

azreefgirl

Picked up a blasto today at LFS. He looks pretty happy so far, and appears to have opened up more since these pics were taken.

azreefgirl

Got bored of doing housework, so I got out the camera. My goby was actually in the mood to pose for the camera today!
He is quite photogenic when he wants to be!

azreefgirl

Originally Posted by larryndana
what do you feed your goby?
Mysis shrimp twice a day with a turkey baster. I turn the pump off for about 10 minutes and squirt some out in front of him. He's spoiled--and it's all my fault.
I just want to make sure he gets enough food!

azreefgirl

Originally Posted by cjason3041
tank looks great.. that camera takes great pics!!

azfishgal
Fantastic pics! Your tank is looking great!
Thanks for the compliments!!!

larryndana

Originally Posted by AZReefGirl
Mysis shrimp twice a day with a turkey baster. I turn the pump off for about 10 minutes and squirt some out in front of him. He's spoiled--and it's all my fault.
I just want to make sure he gets enough food!
exactly what i wanted to know, thanks

azreefgirl

Yesterday I picked up a frogspawn and a fire shrimp. Both lovely additions to my tank. Today I added 2 tiny clowns to the mix. My goby has been upset with me and has been hiding under his rock since he discovered the shrimp (see picture #4 below). He comes out to eat, and then goes right back to scowling at me from his burrow. Hopefully he drops his 'tude and decides to come to terms with the fact that he is no longer the only fish in the tank. My clowns haven't explored too much and don't stray too far from one another. They have become enamored with, and are looking to host with, the glass on the right side of the tank. They haven't even looked at the frogspawn I got with them in mind.

azreefgirl

Coaxed Jacques out from behind the rocks with the smell of mysis. He made a brief appearance before scurrying back behind the rock, away from the incessant flashbulbs of the paparazzi.
He's such a gorgeous shade of red, it's too bad he doesn't spend more time out in the open when I can see him.

oak

Great tank coming along better than I think my will (I am starting salt water too).

azreefgirl

Thank you! I'm sure your tank will be great. I started out here looking at everyone else's tanks and felt both inspired and intimidated. There's some great looking nano tanks on here (DeMartini's, Bonebrake's, and many others that are equally as fabulous) and I was afraid mine would look like crap next to everyone else's. As mine has progressed I've realized my tank is never going to look like anyone else's (just because you'll never, ever have 2 reef tanks that look alike), but I'm finally to the point where I'm happy with the way things are coming along in my tank. Keep reading and asking questions here on this board--you'll learn a lot about how to set up and maintain a great looking and happy tank. And don't get discouraged, keep rearranging your rockwork until you think it looks good (and believe me, it can take several tries), be patient and go slowly, and you'll end up with a great looking tank that you'll be proud of!
What size will you be setting up? Reef tank w/fish, or fish-only tank?

azreefgirl

Moved around a few of my rocks once again, and I'm pretty happy with the results. I think it's starting to take shape as a reef tank!

My goby seems to be slowly adjusting to sharing his tank with the new inhabitants. My clowns appear to be hosting with the back corner of the tank, and I only see my fireshrimp when it's feeding time. I moved my yellow polyps higher up in the tank because some of 'em were starting to turn brown and shrivel up, and lfs reef person suggested they possibly weren't getting enough light. Candy canes seem pretty happy where they're at, frogspawn seems to be doing well, and blastos have a new bud. I'm expecting some new zoos to arrive today, so you can bet there'll be more pics tomorrow!