500 gal reef converted to 850gal reef

steveweast

The photos of the tank( when I have to pull back so far to get the frame in) really fail to show the detail and depth that make this system unique... but, here it is....

j21kickster

I look at your tank- then look at mine and i laugh at how wimpy it seems- I cent even imagine on what that has cost so far- But your center canyon is something i like to see. Most tanks give fish room to swim side to side, i always wanted a deep tank just for that reason of swimming to the back, just like you have done. Someday, I just hope i can build something that awesome. Congrats!!!! Also, do you have any kids? That is a major thing to think about- when you get old and its about time- where will all of it go?- Grusome but true

wyldgunz

Holy cow batman .. Man that is sharp.
Thank you for the eye candy its very appreciated, and something to be very proud of.

Im truely amazed by your setup! my question is... is your garage heated? I read you have a chiller, but doesnt your garage get chilled enough. I guess what Im trying to ask is, is it hard to head in the winter months?

F

fever

Outstanding layout...very nicely done!
Like everyone else, please keep the pics coming.

maverick005

this is incredible!!
i scanned a few of the posts, so i may have missed this question, but how many fish do you have in there?
awesome tank
-brandon

nicky1.8t

steve what live stock do you have in there im sure its a big list but i would love to know
and who else thinks that steves tank and banggais lagoon together would make an awesome system.:eek:

steveweast

Midwest reefer.... with all the lights/pumps.... cooling is more of an issue. My heaters only come "on" at night and only when outside temps are in the 30's.
Nicky....I really don't have that many fish in there yet..a purple tang, a powder blue tang, a few bannerfish, a copperbanded butterfly, a few damsels, a few clowns, a leopard wrasse, and a few bi-color anthias.
The tank has been kinda idle the last few months.... I'm trying to be selective in what I add... but, here are a couple of photos:

E

eaglefan

this thread needs to stay up front. Steve do have anymore pics. I need my monthly fix:happy: