500 gal reef converted to 850gal reef

D

dandt40

wow, someone linked to this thread in another and i just speant the last half hour in amazement of this. truely an amazing setup and fanastic job.

scubagirl

You mentioned three stores, Upscales, Waves and Soutas. I live in Eugene and would definatley consider driving up if the prices and stock were good. We've been buying from SWF. Do you recommend making the trip? If so, which is the best LFS? Thanks!!

cubuffs

Seeing this tank just rekind led my dreams of building a 28' x 4' x 4' in my office area. Thanks a lot for this!

steveweast

Scubagirl...as with any fish store, it is always hit or miss. Soutas is always great for frags since that is their main focus.... Waves is in the process of relocating; so, they have limited stock right now.... and Upscales gets their shipments on Fridays; but, most of good stuf is gone by Friday afternoon.

scribben

whoa!!! couple of questions here
do you have a whole electrical panel dedicated for the tank?
also i do hope you like your house cause moving would be a royal pain. for real though how many circuits do you have for the system?

steveweast

Scribben.... My house is nearly all gas...heat,water heater,dryer,ovens,cooktop,are all gas....leaving lots of capacity for the tank.
(4) 20amp circuits for lights
(1) 20amp circuit for heaters
(1) 30amp 220v circuit for chillers
(1) 20amp circuit for closed loop
(1) 20amp circuit for pumps/misc
Actually, moving would be pretty easy...after all, I installed this new tank in less than a weekend. I would just half to empty the tank and pull it from the stand...along with all the equipment in the stand. I would then have to fill the whole in the wall and just leave the stand for the new owners as a storage closet.

lionfish28

What do you do for a living!!!:eek: !!! Wait....you did NOT do that,you just got those pictures from seaworld!I know your secret now!
ok now iam jealous

ricecookie

Not only do I envy your tank, but also your electricity!!
Stupid old building with 40 amps for the whole apartment.:D I'll make sure to post my dream tank sometime in the next 20 years. Thanks for the inspiration!!

j-cal

This may be a dumb question, but it became clear to me how WIDE your tank is after seeing the hood. I know its not a super deep tank, but how do u reach the back/how did you aquascape the back?

steveweast

My stand that supports the tank is oversized compared to the tank. This creates a walkable platform around the tank. Basically, I can stand alongside the tank, slide the light hood out of the way, walk around the perimeter of the tank, and reach every inside inch of the tank (right down to the sand) without the need to use any special tools.

steveweast

That's an extemely generous offer moonshine..thank you; but, I've already purchased my hosting needs for the next year....where were you a month ago when I made that decision? Oh well.....

neowind

Hows the website coming Steve? Wow we are all dying to see the updates haha I am sure you are loving it :D But truly hows it coming? When should we expect the debute?