700+ gallon Ray Pool

dean1956

sorry I havent had time to post a video yet like I said, just been really busy. I bought another large Cal. Ray last friday night but it was dead by 4 oclock in the morning when I went downstairs. She was really beatup looking and stressed and I dont know if the collectors did that or the shippers. The store that got it for me gave me a 2 day stayalive deal but hasnt returned any calls that I have made over the last 2 days and its 85 miles up there. I had planned on get more from him in the future since his prices are reallt fair, 53.00 out the door for a large Cal. Rd is great if they live or I get my credit card refunded, oh well Wilma is liking her new place.

meowzer

AWWWW...sorry about the new guy.....did you ever find out about the Cortez and Californias compatibility????

dean1956

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3193906
AWWWW...sorry about the new guy.....did you ever find out about the Cortez and Californias compatibility????
from what I have been reading they can adapt to subtropical temps, so 68 degrees would be fine. How big across is yours?

meowzer

Originally Posted by Dean1956
http:///forum/post/3193928
from what I have been reading they can adapt to subtropical temps, so 68 degrees would be fine. How big across is yours?
Every bit of 9"......maybe even a little more now....i wish she would stay there....maybe she'd be okay then...IDK....I just moved a rock on her side of the tank to give her a little moe "extra" space
I keep my tank on an average at 80
you keep your pond at 68????

dean1956

Californian's like it cool as that is the temps around so. cal.. They can take a little warmer 72 max but they live longer in the 60s. 80 degrees is pushing it even for a tropical spiecies, but fish are pretty tough and can handle alot of differences.

jtt

man, i wish you woulve set up one of those time lapse cameras so we could watch you building this in high speed.

dean1956

i talked to the person today that sold me the ray and he will have 2 for me to choose from next thursday so that will be cool. Hoping to get a male this time but we'll see.

mrinelfrlz

well what i did is went to photobucket.com and signed up you can lown load your pics/ movies there and once you do that there is a box under neath each pic that you can click on and copy the direct link to it and after that just click on the insert pic box thats above the box you type in " the one that looks like mountains with a sun" after that just paste the link you saved in the direct link in photobucket and paste it in this box and hit ok

t316

Looks like you are already using photobucket, so in your photobucket account, click on the pic you want, then there should be either a "resize" button, or an "edit" button. You should be able to make it any size you like.

dee77

i love that pond a shark would be cool in there....... are you going to put any rock in there.... we had a huge blue spotted ray at my work and i died and we think its from some rock being in the tank and it scratched its stomach and got infected....

dean1956

Originally Posted by DEE77
http:///forum/post/3200755
i love that pond a shark would be cool in there....... are you going to put any rock in there.... we had a huge blue spotted ray at my work and i died and we think its from some rock being in the tank and it scratched its stomach and got infected....
no rock for the pond for that reason and they dont need it and the liner wouldnt hold up either, as for a shark i have thought about a swell shark but i dont see them in the hobby much and they are pricey.

it's looking real good!
I have an idea for you Dean.
I know you really couldnt do it now and it would be expensive but if you could have ordered a acryllic bowfront panel to go infront so you could see the rays swiming around in the water from a fishes perspective.
Just a thought

Good job!!!