Any hunters these pics are not for the weak stomach

aw2

Originally Posted by usinkit
i would be afraid to shoot it at the price. wouldnt want to get it dirty!!

lol...no fun in buying it if you cant shoot it.
I have a Browning Sweet 16 collection that never leaves the safe.
All in all, I have aprox. 35 rifles, shotguns and handguns.

socal57che

i would be afraid to shoot it at the price. wouldnt want to get it dirty!!
My mom just sold my dad's old Parker side by side with the original case a couple years ago. I think it brought $12K. Highly sought after shotguns can easily bring $20K and up.

usinkit

12k!!! its amazing how much some of these guns go for. Me Iam rough on guns so to buy something thats a collectable would not be good. I can turn 12k into 12 dollars real quick!!

aw2

I'm first in line for my Uncles $250,000 Browning collection. His step son has no interest in guns or hunting.
My very first gun was an old Ithaca 12, passed down from my uncles grandfather. If you take off the butt plate, it has his grandfathers name, year of birth and year of death carved into it. My uncle did the same and when he passes away, I'll add mine on there. Then, one day, my son can add his.

usinkit

Well i think its time to turn in before my coffee maker turns on!!! Iam sure there will be some interesting comments from the tree huggers this morning !! enjoy

socal57che

A C&R FFL is only $30 a year after the first $90, then you can buy any weapon on the C&R list via mail order and have it shipped to your home as long as the state doesn't prohibit that particular gun. It is unlawful to own a .50 caliber rifle inside Los Angeles County. Some SKSs are on the list, but The state of Kalifornia won't have 'em.

socal57che

Well i think its time to turn in before my coffee maker turns on!!! Iam sure there will be some interesting comments from the tree huggers this morning !! enjoy
Me, too. It's 12:30 here. Where's the "yawning" smilie??

aw2

It's 2.40am, here and I have to pull a 12 hours shift, starting in 6 hours...I'm out too.

cartman101

Originally Posted by AW2
Deer meat is absolutely delicious!!!
It's also half the fat and sodium of the meat from cattle.
Its not the first day of April yet.

aw2

Originally Posted by Cartman101
Its not the first day of April yet.

My statement was no intended to be a joke.
It's 100% correct.

moeel

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
1.Deer are "overpopulated" because predator species have been over hunted. Bring back the wolves, cougars, bears, bobcats, coyotes, wolverines, etc. and we wouldn't have an issue with over crowding. Let's not pretend that nature needs our intervention to properly balance hunter/prey species.
2. I'm not aware of ANY disease that has a confirmed case of traveling from wild to domestic livestock. There could be some, but I'm not aware of them...
3. Venison tastes great, but let's not over exaggerate the difficulty in shooting one. In Texas for instance, every farm and ranch has a deer feeder on it. The deer come right up and eat like lemmings. Most 8 year olds around here have shot deer out of a stand. Owning the right land=shooting a big deer.
4. Imho hunting by humans is bad for the natural welfare of the "herd" species. Hunters shoot the biggest, strongest animals. Those animals would normally survive to pass along their genes to more offspring. Human hunters disrupt natural selection.
LMAO, bobcats killing deer, very funy but far from the truth. Also just to shed some light on the situation we have been hunting ever since the creation of man, are we not animals to, and have the right to be a predator also?

huntoaks

usinkit...truly a great buck!!!! Nice job. I also hunt in CT, in the norther part of the state as well as RI and NY. That is a great buck no matter what state it's from.