Astrowars anyone?

matty0h_52

Originally Posted by Thomas712
I don't think so, I have him listed at Alpha Matar [804] (-16/41)
Realize this is but a small piece of the map, it starts in Rana 0/0 and grows from there, then as people get smashed they either quite or rejoin and are sent to the rims, as they rejoin the universe expands indefinatly. People are still joining the game, some deliberatly do it late so that they are not near the core. Joining late gives them bonus pp to help build quicker. Several alliances do this to have room to grow out near the rims.
Would it be worth me trying to take someone over im thinking like
Teorias
Local Time 16:46
Logins 4
Idle 1 day
Playerlevel 0 - 0%
Sciencelevel 1
Culturelevel 1
Rank (Points Scored) #2171 (2)
Plays from
Origin x:y(-16/41)
Joined April 3
Multi Status

T

thomas712

I would colonize the nearest planet next to you first, then attack an idler player.

T

thomas712

OK newbies, listen up. I want you to do well and here is my advice.
Get your cybernetics equal to your robotics and get that second level of culture, this way you can start a new planet. Then build a fleet so you can attack any idle player in your system or trade 2 ds with someone friendly so that you can get your first SU and sell it for production points to help build your infrastructure up.
You will need to build a colony ship and send it to the closest planet near you to colonize it. Then start building the infrastructure on that planet. Then save on your home planet for a small fleet. Alwyas defend with at least 2 or 3 ds if trading FF=friendly fire with someone.

darth tang

Darth Tang.
AgentMat and Azote are very experienced players, they may very well be looking at you as if you were a snack. You may wish to open the lines of communication with them.
Good luck.
Thanks for the heads up Thomas. I appreciate it. Are they a part of an alliance/organization at all?

matty0h_52

OK newbies, listen up. I want you to do well and here is my advice.
Get your cybernetics equal to your robotics and get that second level of culture, this way you can start a new planet. Then build a fleet so you can attack any idle player in your system or trade 2 ds with someone friendly so that you can get your first SU and sell it for production points to help build your infrastructure up.
You will need to build a colony ship and send it to the closest planet near you to colonize it. Then start building the infrastructure on that planet. Then save on your home planet for a small fleet. Alwyas defend with at least 2 or 3 ds if trading FF=friendly fire with someone.
Thx so my Robotics is 8 so i will start bumping up the cybernet. I allready have 1 dest waiting and ive only got 11pp before i can buy a colony ship. what about my SCI should i be working on Leveling up anything in particular? thx for the help

clown52

Thomas,
I could take an empty planet or I could go take an unknown that has a Starbase at 2. I'll just need about 3 destoyers and 1 transport. Should I just take that one so I get the xp? I feel like I should grab it now before someone else does while I wait to have 3 planets.
Also, should I send the 3 destroyers and the transport in one fleet or send the transport after the destoyers? If a ship survives a battle is it damaged afterwards?
Thanks!
Elfdoctor,
Congrats on being the leader in referals!!!!! :cheer:

bs21

cool i allready have 8 robotics and 8 cybernetics......got to lvl 2 in culture couple hours ago and colony ship is gonna reach free planet sometime after midnight and i have some destroyers out to one of the 3 idlers in my system, can't remember which one though.

clown52

Well I just sent a fleet of 3 destroyers and a transport to the 8th planet in my system. An unknown with a starbase level 2 and population level 1.
Be there tomorrow night.

T

thomas712

Planets at Vega [17] (6/7)
ID Pop (growth) Starbase Owner Alliance ATC
1 0 (0) 0 Free Planet |
2 6 (1) 2 Free.Planet | <---THIS IS A PLAYER not a free planet.
3 0 (0) 0 Free Planet |
4 0 (0) 0 Free Planet |
5 5 (1) 2 CELACANTHr |
6 0 (0) 0 Free Planet |
7 0 (0) 0 Free Planet |
8 4 (0) 2 Senda |
9 0 (0) 0 Free Planet |
10 0 (0) 0 Free Planet |
11 5 (1) 3 z1232 |
12 0 (0) 0 Free Planet |
Cleacanthr ~ I might try to get a hold of Senda and get a NAP with him or z1232. See if you can exchange friendly fire with either of them.

matty0h_52

im not shure if i understand how to send anything to a planet
1 0 0 Free Planet
2 4 4 jeyval34
3 0 0 Free Planet
4 0 0 Free Planet
5 5 5 matty0h52
6 0 0 Free Planet
7 0 0 Free Planet
8 1 2 lelliman
9 0 0 Free Planet
10 0 0 Free Planet
11 2 2 Teorias
12 0 0 Free Planet
These are whats around me i guess. Or does it have to be a new star?

T

thomas712

Build a ship, go to your fleet screen, select the star system, you may only be able to see your own system at this time. Select your home system and then you can place a number of the planet in which you wish to travel too. Then launch, you should be doing this as soon as you reach a culture of 2 anyway with a colony ship. My colony ship will land today at 12:00 noon and I will have my second planet.

T

thomas712

If you loose the battle you get nothing, you must win. Run the battle calculator to see what your odds of winning are. Also it takes so long to get where your going that if the person your attacking logs on he can spend pp to up his starbase and win. The defensive position is always best. Now odds are that you have given him an SU and he can sell it for more production points and he can defend even better or purchase ships to attack you.
Fun isn't it?

matty0h_52

I dont get it i went to the Fleet screen selected my Location....then it brought me to another screen with my planet and another plant on it. And the other planet i have a NAP with? what from that point?

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by matty0h_52
I dont get it i went to the Fleet screen selected my Location....then it brought me to another screen with my planet and another plant on it. And the other planet i have a NAP with? what from that point?
http://www.astrowars.com/portal/Fleet_Screen

darth tang

Hey Thomas, apparently I am positioned in an LBA zone. They want nothing to do with an alliance or truce........What are the odds of any nemos being in my vicinity and myself joining up?

ltrain35

I have a question. I played this a long time ago, beta 4 or 5 I think. I remember getting supply units or something like that when you win a battle. I just defeated an idle player wiping out his starbase and had 1 destroyer survive so his planet is under seige. My news screen said I wn the battle and gained 1.25 experience points. Where can I see the supply units that I can trade in for points or the trade screen?
Thanks

matty0h_52

oh i got it now. But that sucks cause the closest one i have a NAP with oh well..good times though. Im not shure were i should go