Astrowars anyone?

moneyman

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Notes: * means that Player does not count for alliance points.
What does that mean? I have someone around me in a sparse alliance with the astrick. I play gogobot.

T

thomas712

Alliance score is on an average, every alliance member at the very bottom doesn't seem to count toward total score, or something like that, it can even be up to 4 or 5 members that don't count toward alliance score.

moneyman

Alliance score is on an average, every alliance member at the very bottom doesn't seem to count toward total score, or something like that, it can even be up to 4 or 5 members that don't count toward alliance score.
Now I know - Thanks Thomas....

elfdoctors

Here are the official rules for alliance scoring:
How is the alliance score calculated?
The alliance score is an over view of the ranking of all members. The more members there are, the more are not counted.
* 1-9 member: all are counted
* 10-14 member: one will not be counted.
* 15-19 member: two will not be counted.
* 20-24 member: three will not be counted.
* 25-29 member: four will not be counted.
* 30-34 member: five will not be counted.
* and so on...
But if your are creating/joining an alliance you have to know:
* you can only join one alliance
* if a member gets defeated and must resign/resigns, this member is still counted with 0 points.

darth tang

Looks like a small alliance with some players that have played maybe 3 games or less. This would be considered a snack for the NEMO alliance.

Keep talkin' fishboy. Thank your lucky stars you napped with LBA and KAB. People have choked to death on snacks before.

Ah..............trash talkin' got to love it.

elfdoctors

Originally Posted by Clown52
I can't wait to start fighting. Saving for those TAs was BORING!

I will have my last one filled tonight. I agree that this middle part of the game is slow but your fleet will be much stronger with TAs in place.

moneyman

Oh man, i gotta save for them TAs soon too. I still dont have my first TA. How will the end game look like? Neighbors gonna declare war on each other? Total chaos? It is pretty boring in my system at the moment.

elfdoctors

Originally Posted by MoneyMan
Oh man, i gotta save for them TAs soon too. I still dont have my first TA. How will the end game look like? Neighbors gonna declare war on each other? Total chaos? It is pretty boring in my system at the moment.
The larger alliance wars will be breaking out soon. These can often require lots of coordination and battle planning. Because of all the diplomacy that has been happening, many alliances will be NAPed so it will not be total chaos.
I didn't have any TAs the first round I played. However, they will definitely pay for themselves in just the production bonus (not even counting the culture, growth and science bonuses) if you get them quickly. If you are involved with a lot of fighting, you may not be able to get any TAs done. If things are quiet, (and you can find partners within your alliance), these are very valuable. Right now my TAs are giving me a 54% bonus to everything (and that number will usually only increase as the round goes along - unless my TA partners get attacked and have planets lost or depopulated).
Because of these TAs, my production now equals 519 PPs/hr (in spite of a racial production malus that I have).

clown52

I love the TAs, I have all 5 and am doing nicely. I still cannot figure out how to effectively raise my rank though. Just build planet populations up? :notsure:

ltrain35

I just got my first TA several days ago. I unfortunately joined an alliance that was recently formed, but the leader didnt really know how to play too well or know the teamwork part of the alliance. Needless to say, we got wiped out. I luckily was able to find a system where not much was happening and survived, but there isnt really too much room for expansion. Im in between the FFA (which hosed me) and the SPE. I was able to survive long enough to get my bio to 25 so I have an escape route if needed now. I didnt get a chance to log on when the nemos registered as i was hoping for. We will see how the rest of the round goes.
Moneyman, whats your game ID? Mine is the same as my log on name here.
Another question, I thought that you could only have 5 trade agreement. How does some people have 8, 10, and I thought I saw someone with 12?

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by ltrain35
Another question, I thought that you could only have 5 trade agreement. How does some people have 8, 10, and I thought I saw someone with 12?
Thats an interesting question, one that I have recently noticed myself. When the trade agreements are listed you will see some people down twice. If you have 5 trade partners then by now you may have say from 60-74%, if however it were true that some have 8,10 or 12 then they would be most likely over 100% by now.
If you actually see more than 5 people on a trade list then please tell me or show me the list. I'll contact one of the Admins about it and ask.

moneyman

Moneyman, whats your game ID? Mine is the same as my log on name here.
I am gogobot of APG. Zeeman1, who you've met is in my alliance also :)

ltrain35

Yes, Ive met him already. He took out the leader of my alliance and came after me for a bit but was able to defend myself.

elfdoctors

Apparently there is a bug in the way TAs are reported. It was reported in the forums today that the actual trade percentages are correct but TAs are often miscorrectly identified.

celacanthr

Hey all!
Well, I own a whole system. Unfortunately all of the people around me are in alliances, and most of them are 'warrior' alliances. Unfortunately I am not very good at the attacking aspect fo this game.
:happyfish

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
Hey all!
Well, I own a whole system. Unfortunately all of the people around me are in alliances, and most of them are 'warrior' alliances. Unfortunately I am not very good at the attacking aspect fo this game.
:happyfish

Owning a whole system sortof makes you an easy target for a pop run then take over. A large fleet (or two) can take you out in 1 swoop. Much better to spread out (and have friends).

elfdoctors

Within our alliance, we try to prevent anyone from having more than 4-5 planets in any one system. It is much easier to defend. Otherwise, if someone sees that your fleet has been destroyed, you are very vulnerable.
However, if you don't have any local allies, owning an entire system is still an accomplishment. It sounds like you are learning how to play this game. :happyfish