Azfishgal New Tank Diary!

N

nemo_66

looks great, i am also in the process of making myself a pendant so i can get some MH. if you dont mind me asking, how much did you get each reflector?
BTW, i also like that frogspawn picture as well.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Nemo_66
looks great, i am also in the process of making myself a pendant so i can get some MH. if you dont mind me asking, how much did you get each reflector?
BTW, i also like that frogspawn picture as well.
I paid $114.95 for each reflector, the CoralVue bulbs were $50.05 each, and the IceCap Ballasts were $114.95 each, so $559.90 total. I almost went with the spider reflector because it's cheaper, but I would not have gotten the coverage that I get with the Mini-Luminarcs. I made up for it though because I only need two lights, instead of three. This also cuts down on the heat and electrical bill.
I'm very happy with how it turned out.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by brandon7491
looking hawt! lol i am so happy dory is out of the dt hurray!!

I'm sure Dory is happy as well. She stayed in one corner the first day, but now she's all over the place. Happy fish!!!

My three Anthias will be arriving tomorrow! QT tank is cleaned up and ready to go.

azaintcold

Looks great. let me know how the MH work out with heat etc. Mine take about 5 hours then they start heating the water up. it only move about 1.5 degrees though.

ghettotang

OH MY GOSH!!!
What a nice transformation you got there Azfishgal
. Now I think I'm gonna
because I can't believe that tank is a WOW TO BELIEVE. I can't wait to get mine up and running. You just made me more motive that I can do this.
Thank You,
Jay

azfishgal

Originally Posted by azaintcold
Looks great. let me know how the MH work out with heat etc. Mine take about 5 hours then they start heating the water up. it only move about 1.5 degrees though.
I was waiting for you to see my new lights.
So far so good. I only have them on for 2 1/2 hours at this point. I have one fan in the canopy and the temp doesn't even move. I need to order another fan for the other side but they are on back order right now.
If need be I can take the one out of my sump and use it if need be. But so far the temp is staying steady.
I'm sure the longer I leave them on I might see a change, but hopefully by then I can get the other fan.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by GhettoTang
OH MY GOSH!!!
What a nice transformation you got there Azfishgal
. Now I think I'm gonna
because I can't believe that tank is a WOW TO BELIEVE. I can't wait to get mine up and running. You just made me more motive that I can do this.
Thank You,
Jay
Your making me blush, thanks Jay.
I started this tank back in February, so it's been a long haul, BUT as you can see it's starting to look like a respectable reef tank.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Hefner413
you probably already stated this.. but how much rock do you have?? thx
160 lbs, 40 lbs of it is base rock, but it's all covered in purple coraline now.
I won't be adding any more except what some future corals come on. I want plenty of swim room for my fish.

julie853

Awsom looking tank!!!!Your husband did a great job on that stand and canopy it is much better looking than any I have seen in the stores.

azfishgal

Unofortunately two of my fish (male and female) were DOA. I was not surprised because when the box was open everything was very warm. One female did survive and she's currently being acclimated, I hope she makes it. She looks ok so I think she'll be fine. My hermit crab is doing fine as well. I was getting nervous as the day went on because my order was loaded onto the FedEx truck for delivery at 8am, it didn't come until almost 4pm and it's over 110 degrees outside!
Since they did arrive DOA I emailed SWF within the 2 hour time frame, so hopefully we will receive replacements soon, though I understand I need to send the two dead fish back. Just not sure if I need to send them in the current package (they are still sealed up) or take them out and do the salt zip-lock bag thing. I'm sure SWF will let me know. I will say I did receive an extra hermit crab that I didn't order, so that was nice.

Oh, and to add my male Anthias was soooo beautiful and pretty large, so I was really bummed he kicked the bucket.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Unofortunately two of my fish (male and female) were DOA. I was not surprised because when the box was open everything was very warm. One female did survive and she's currently being acclimated, I hope she makes it. She looks ok so I think she'll be fine. My hermit crab is doing fine as well. I was getting nervous as the day went on because my order was loaded onto the FedEx truck for delivery at 8am, it didn't come until almost 4pm and it's over 110 degrees outside!
Since they did arrive DOA I emailed SWF within the 2 hour time frame, so hopefully we will receive replacements soon, though I understand I need to send the two dead fish back. Just not sure if I need to send them in the current package (they are still sealed up) or take them out and do the salt zip-lock bag thing. I'm sure SWF will let me know. I will say I did receive an extra hermit crab that I didn't order, so that was nice.

Oh, and to add my male Anthias was soooo beautiful and pretty large, so I was really bummed he kicked the bucket.

Thats very sand.
Post a few pics of your new Anthias fish when they arrive.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by brandon7491
that sucks. im sure they will work with you. dont u guys have any good lfs in az?
Yes, I have one I deal with all the time and I have bought all my fish from them, except the Anthias. They didn't have any males and was not sure if they would get any in. In the several months that I've been I don't see Lyretail Anthias very often and when I do, they are female. So I thought I would take a chance on ordering them from SWF. I feel they would have been fine, but that they were delivered way to late and died from the heat. A common problem here in Pheonix.
So if my replacement fish are DOA then I'll just ask for a refund and see if my lfs can order them for me. I'll pay a much higher price but at least they will be alive.

jhebi

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Yes, I have one I deal with all the time and I have bought all my fish from them, except the Anthias. They didn't have any males and was not sure if they would get any in. In the several months that I've been I don't see Lyretail Anthias very often and when I do, they are female. So I thought I would take a chance on ordering them from SWF. I feel they would have been fine, but that they were delivered way to late and died from the heat. A common problem here in Pheonix.
So if my replacement fish are DOA then I'll just ask for a refund and see if my lfs can order them for me. I'll pay a much higher price but at least they will be alive.
Sorry to hear that, but I am pretty sure the fishes were healthy, but I guess the FEDEX guy forgot to read the sticker outside the box (FRAGILE, LIVESTOCK
). I think they will ask you to freeze the fish and send on a ziplock bag or they will just refund you.........I think if we got a penny for all the screw ups the shipping companies do, we would be retired......

azfishgal

Originally Posted by jhebi
Sorry to hear that, but I am pretty sure the fishes were healthy, but I guess the FEDEX guy forgot to read the sticker outside the box (FRAGILE, LIVESTOCK
). I think they will ask you to freeze the fish and send on a ziplock bag or they will just refund you.........I think if we got a penny for all the screw ups the shipping companies do, we would be retired......
I have no doubt they were healthy when they were shipped. Probably doing very well yesterday morning when they were loaded onto the FedEx truck. It does make me mad that even though it said "LIVE FISH" on the top of the box they took 8 hours to deliver it. I for one thought FedEx trucks had air conditioners, but the driver probably stopped for lunch and the cars/trucks here in AZ get up to 130+ degrees real fast.

My one female is still alvie, what a trooper. She also has her color back, very bright and beautiful. I hope she continues to do well. I still don't think she is out of the woods yet, but time will tell.