Base Rock?? And Cycling??

aredmon

it is not a wet/dry or undergravel. I have just heard people call them hang on side filters. It is just a little box that is hanging above the water on the side of the tank with a tube that runs into the tank sucking the water up into the box and dumps it back out onto the surface of the water. Make any sence??

J

jdragunas

when was the last time you changed the carbon in it? carbon should be changed every 2 weeks or so.
Does it have different compartments? Can you give us the brand name and model #?

aredmon

no no protien skimmer. I know the fiter needs changed. It has ben over 2 weeks since I changed it. The new puppy chewed up the new one. I don't know the brand name or model #. The box an stuff got tossed. Hubby hates me keeping stuff like that. He calls it cluttereng the house. Got it from a ***** if that helps? It has been like 2 weeks and 3 days since I changed the carben. Could that be the problem??

aredmon

I cut backon feeding because of the red algae stuff and it takes the fish like 1-2 min to chow what I give them. I heard as long as they finishit in less than 5 it is ok?? Does this sound right??
Its ok snailheave. I don't get mad at jokes about me. I am a newb and I know it!!

J

jdragunas

yes, good question.
Make sure you're feeding your fish only what they can eat in about a minute. After that, it begins to dissolve, or settle on the bottom... that very well may be what's clouding your tank, especially if you're feeding flake food.

aredmon

That is hard to say. I can see particals in the water so that may be the problem but it also looks kind of brownish.

J

jdragunas

yes, try changing your filter, and see if that clears it up in a few days...

aredmon

Ya it may just be the filters. I am going to get new ones and do a water change. I will let you know how it turns out.

J

jdragunas

uhhhhhh.. blah. i hate needles too... bad experience when i was young... *shivers*

aredmon

Good luck. I just got suck with a bunch of them yesterday. My tummy acid it tring to eat its way through my body and planted me in the hospital yesterday.. :scared: