Bigger is better? Lets try 475 gallons...Tangs gonna be happy!

tangs rule

Update time: (a little new rock, some new corals, no losses to report)
east side

west side:

Full tank shot:

The Neptune Apex
:

Eventually when I get this thing figured out - I'll get it off the floor and mounted into the stand!! lol

1guydude

hows it going tang?
Ya i just set mine under the stand lol....once u close the cabinet, u cant see all the cords! LOL
Sweet unit u got their btw!
Also i see a mini reef in the making!
R u a more rock kinda guy or less rock?
I think u should add more! more! and some more!

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdawg http:///t/384145/bigger-is-better-lets-try-475-gallons-tangs-gonna-be-happy/320#post_3410178
East side, West side... haha!
When do they get thier own zip codes???
I think you need more rock too!

Yup - more rock needed - I did just buy 40# of dry table (ledge) rock - but it was kinda high dollar - even for dry...Most of it's in, and next is some more dry base, likely next month. There's just one little 8x12" table that I gotta mount with some titanium rod I've got to form a ledge. At least the fish are happy these days!!!

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/384145/bigger-is-better-lets-try-475-gallons-tangs-gonna-be-happy/320#post_3410252
no matter how much rock tang puts in his tank its always gonna need more! lol
That's what I'm afraid of!! lol .....the last $200 for shelf rock went wat too fast.......Just a couple more hundred pounds of Pukani dry base should do it though...The first batch of Pukani dry came in 3 kitchen waste can size chunks - and about 2-3 more should do it.

S

siptang

my purple tang has hlle as well... they are just so damn sensitive.... taking out the carbon tonight....

slice

Wow....just wow. Finally I get to really "see" your tank. When that thing is fully populated with coral, it will truly be World Class.

meowzer

Looking great Tangs....this is why I also keep my side glass on the 225G clean....I love watching it longview

tangs rule

The purple & hippo both have it - but they are healing up nicely - though it takes time.....In the old days, these 2 fish spent too much time in the 125, and since I used to have to travel TOOO much - water quality suffered for a couple years, and they both suffered from it....Now that water parameters are very high - it;s slowly healing up - but it'll probably be next year before they are fully healed. Of course diet is much better these days too, but it just takes time....
I can't wait till the tank IS "first class" {thanks slice} - but it's gonna be a couple years....them softball to football sized chunks of acro DON'T COME CHEEP!! and I just don't have the $10k to blow on corals atm....so we wait