call me exited, but...

rykna

Sounds like a wonderful day! Beautiful day here too! The leaves are popping out, flowers are starting to bloom. I can't wait to get feeling like my old self....stupid stiches.
Tanks to clean....frags to mail...tanks to build.....oh yeah and clean up this house thingy...
oh well......all in good time.

:happyfish

monalisa

Originally Posted by Rykna
Sounds like a wonderful day! Beautiful day here too! The leaves are popping out, flowers are starting to bloom. I can't wait to get feeling like my old self....stupid stiches.
Tanks to clean....frags to mail...tanks to build.....oh yeah and clean up this house thingy...
oh well......all in good time.

:happyfish

haha...same here...well, not the stitches thing...how're you doing? From what I've heard, that's a really difficult thing to go through...ugh....
Lisa :happyfish

rykna

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
haha...same here...well, not the stitches thing...how're you doing? From what I've heard, that's a really difficult thing to go through...ugh....
Well, considering my medical history(extremely long story) I'd take gallbladder surgery any day.

I'll be right as rain in a few days...

Rykna

monalisa

Ryk, you've got mail.
Ugh...if it's not one thing it's another. I noticed that the blue actinics were out on the fixture on my sh tank. Tonight, since I was messing around in the tanks anyway, I took that fixture off to let hb look at it...now the whites don't work either...

I don't know if it's something with the ballast or the bulbs...ugh!!

rykna

Hi Lisa,
Sorry to hear...MH can be really frustrating. Usually the bulb isn't quite in the right position, BUT DO NOT TOUCH the MH bulb.....oil from your finger with cause the bulb to burst when it heats up. Use a cloth. My have been funky that way too.
Are you sure the email went thru??? I don't see anythig in my in baox

monalisa

Originally Posted by Rykna
Hi Lisa,
Sorry to hear...MH can be really frustrating. Usually the bulb isn't quite in the right position, BUT DO NOT TOUCH the MH bulb.....oil from your finger with cause the bulb to burst when it heats up. Use a cloth. My have been funky that way too.
Are you sure the email went thru??? I don't see anythig in my in baox

Dang, I'll try sending again. On my end it said it went through, but I just sent a reply to your last message (didn't mention 2007...could that be it?).
The lights I'm talking about aren't mh, they're pc's. The blues haven't been working for a few days, and when hb went to test the bulb out in the fittings, they both went
, grrrr. That kinda stuff is so frustrating. I've got 3 emeralds and a green clown goby waiting to go in, will they need light? Other than that, right now there's really nothing in there except pods and bristle worms...

I'm off to try to resend that email. Back in a minute.
OK, now look to see if it came through.

rykna

Ahh I see.....that stinks. Unless your fish like to read at night I don't think they'll mind!!
Well I tested the bubble wand today. I think I found a more likely reason not to use it. If you're not using a protein skimmer, like me, the bubbles form foam with in the hour. Plus Valiant didn't seem very interested so I turned it off.
All though I found the main reasons why people fear bubbles when it comes to our horses. Although it's the internal bubles you have to worry about.

https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=267740
I had far to much fun writing this thread!!!

bronco300

hey lisa...have any PC bulbs you KNOW work? maybe take one bulb to a LFS to have them test and then if it doesnt work in the system you can assume its the ballast.

monalisa

Originally Posted by Bronco300
hey lisa...have any PC bulbs you KNOW work? maybe take one bulb to a LFS to have them test and then if it doesnt work in the system you can assume its the ballast.
The only other actinics I have are in the fixture for my reef...not gonna use those and risk those going to H-E-double toothpicks.
I have this Saturday free, so I'm thinking that I might just take a little jaunt to Milwaukee to Hoffer's to see if there's something they can fix me up with. I'll take the fixture with me so they can take a look at it...here's hoping.
Until then, my sh tank is dark, dark. I just added 2 of the tiniest emeralds in there tonight...I've seen spiders bigger than these little guys. I don't think they care to read at night either. Also, I saw a rather large bristle worm in the sh tank tonight. I'm just not sure what I think of having those in that tank, but...oh well. Otherwise it's going strong...just waiting, waiting.

monalisa

IDK...I'm feeling a little discouraged with my equipment all going phooey on me. The filter and skimmer in my reef are not working like I would like, and now I have no lights on my sh tank...why does this have to be so hard?
Sheesh...

bronco300

What would be the point if of a hobby without troubles??! lol...you're doing fine lisa, which equipment do you have?

monalisa

What would be the point if of a hobby without troubles??! lol...you're doing fine lisa, which equipment do you have?
Yeah, I know everything is going fine...just getting frustrated with this domino effect, it seems it can't be one thing without it ballooning to 3 or 4 things.
My filter is a Whisper 60, which technically is working the way it should...it's trying to take care of things that my cruddy Seaclone 100 is dropping the ball on. I've taken the carbon pads out until I can either get this skimmer fixed or (better yet) replaced.
The lights I have for the sh tank is a Coral life pc unit, 1 35 watt white, 1 35 watt blue and 2 lunars. I'm headed to Hoffer's in Milwaukee tomorrow to see if it can be evaluated for what's going on there. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it...we'll see.
Thanks Luke.

bronco300

problem 1: you bought a seaclone
problem 2: you hooked up the seaclone
problem 3: it crapped out
solution 1: unplug skimmer and take outside
solution 1a: grab baseball bat
solution 1b: take bat to skimmer
solution 2: buy new skimmer and enjoy :D
did you call ESU to see if they could help you with the fixture? maybe toss youa bulb or something

rykna

did you call ESU to see if they could help you with the fixture? maybe toss youa bulb or something
:hilarious
:hilarious
That was hilarious!!!! The only thing I would do is skip solution 2. IMHO... protein skimmers are pointless. I spent almost 300 bucks on mine and it's only used it for 2 weeks. Biggest piece of worthless junk I've ever bought
. My reef tank Flourished without one.....goniporas included, and I do not think seahorses would care for the intank pump to power the skimmer.
Just my 2 cents, but use the 300 bucks to buy a sunburst horse!!!!!

rykna

My apollogies Lisa, do to all of us getting sick the corkies did not ship out friday. When would be the next best time to send them?
Thanks,
RYkna

rykna

Wanna buy mine????

The Turboflotor 1000 Multi
(measures 7-1/2" x 15" x 21-1/4" high) includes a pump and fittings. This versatile unit can be used as a hang-on style or placed inside or outside of the sump. Only the water supply pump needs to be placed in the aquarium or sump. Two outflow boxes direct water back to the aquarium or sump. For aquariums up to 250 gallons.
Current market price $250 Make me a deal!!!! :cheer:

monalisa

Duely noted on the skimmer solution... :thinking:
What is ESU?

Thanks for the skimmmer "help"

monalisa

IDK, Ryk, but when someone first describes what they're selling as the "biggest piece of worthless junk I've every bought", I tend to shy away from that purchase...thanks though!!