call me exited, but...

bronco300

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Duely noted on the skimmer solution... :thinking:
What is ESU?

Thanks for the skimmmer "help"

Lisa :happyfish
ESU is Energy Savers Unlimited...which is coralife...do a search for them and you'll find their website.

monalisa

Originally Posted by Bronco300
ESU is Energy Savers Unlimited...which is coralife...do a search for them and you'll find their website.
Thanks Luke, I'm headed there right now.

monalisa

Hmmmm...it says that their web site is under construction, hmmmm.
I'm headed to Hoffer's tomorrow. Beth and I want to wander around there anyway to see if there are any corals that just HAVE to come home with us (hope so). Their staff is top notch, maybe they can help me out with the light fixture, at least to see what's going on with it.

monalisa

Originally Posted by Rykna
My apollogies Lisa, do to all of us getting sick the corkies did not ship out friday. When would be the next best time to send them?
Thanks,
RYkna
Sorry Ryk, I didn't mean to overlook this post. I hope you're all feeling better soon. I can be around most every weekend...well, 'cept when scuba season starts up again in a few weeks, then I'm NEVER around. Just let me know when it works best for you, and I'll make a point certainly to be here when it arrives.
Thanks again.

bronco300

well if you cant get help from t hem let me know, i can get you their number on monday when i get back to the office

monalisa

well if you cant get help from t hem let me know, i can get you their number on monday when i get back to the office

Awesome...it's nice to have friends in high places...

monalisa

Well, I did get to Hoffer's yesterday, and they were able to fix my pc lights right up...all I can is...CHA-CHING!! Whooey that place is 'spensive!! I'm glad to have that light fixed though, plus I bought a set of legs for the fixture, which I hadn't had before...that should help.
I also bought a really cool piece of coral for the sh tank. It's about 7"-8" tall by about 10" at the widest...I really like it. It's the coral in the lower left of the tank...

monalisa

good to hear!!! whats up with that powerhead that looks like its gonna fall anytime?
Nah, it's okay (for now). I have it there, well, just because
There is something that I see I need to get under control in the sh tank...temperature. I've taken my big heater out of there and put in a small one...one for 10-30gal, and the temp is still up to 78-80 degrees. Hmmmm...I'm wondering if I can get by without a heater at all in there, especially during the spring and summer months. :thinking: What do you think?

bronco300

you might, but that always scares me, what if one night it decides to get cold by quite a few degrees ya know? maybe just keep in but set it low?

monalisa

you might, but that always scares me, what if one night it decides to get cold by quite a few degrees ya know? maybe just keep in but set it low?
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Living in 'sconsin, the weather changes on a dime...it's hailing out right now to beat the band!!...I think that I'll put the bigger heater back in and keep it set really low. The one I have in there now doesn't have any settings...I thought it would work because it's basically for a smaller tank...I want to get this straightened out before I put ponies in, 'ya know?
Good news, my 2 pint sized emeralds I put in last week are still out and about and grazing on the rocks...yay!!

monalisa

Oops...sorry another question for those sh keepers out there. I'm wondering what kind of powerheads (speaking of powerheads) have adjustments for flow? Should I just get some that are really low flow...or are there some available that are adjustable?
Help greatly appreciated on this...
Thanks again!!
Lisa

rykna

I love my aquaclear powerfilters. They have a flow ajustment and a biofilter :cheer: I have 2 on all my tanks. :cheer:
Just wanted to let you know, I have not forgotten about the corky frags. Does next this saturday work for you? The frags have just started sprouting macro algae!!!!

monalisa

Originally Posted by Rykna
I love my aquaclear powerfilters. They have a flow ajustment and a biofilter :cheer: I have 2 on all my tanks. :cheer:
Just wanted to let you know, I have not forgotten about the corky frags. Does next this saturday work for you? The frags have just started sprouting macro algae!!!!

Macro algea is the next addition to my tank!! This Saturday will work great...I think...I don't have anything going on, so yeah, that works.
Aquaclear powerfilters...are those powerheads? I hate to ask again, but do you have a pic of one of those? I'll look them up on the net otherwise.
Thanks again Ryk,
Lisa

bronco300

an aquaclear filter is basically an HOB filter...there are adjustable powerheads out there, they are the smaller ones, like maxijets mini jets by marineland...and there are a few others...but i would think if at all possible i would get a normal powerhead and get some stronger tubing and make a quick spraybar....then just make sure to have that sponge for your intake

monalisa

an aquaclear filter is basically an HOB filter...there are adjustable powerheads out there, they are the smaller ones, like maxijets mini jets by marineland...and there are a few others...but i would think if at all possible i would get a normal powerhead and get some stronger tubing and make a quick spraybar....then just make sure to have that sponge for your intake
Is this what you're talking about? Pretty reasonable if they are. I would purchase at least 2 of these for the sh tank. Let me know what you think.
Aquarium Systems Mini-Jet
Mini-jet® aquarium pump combines exceptional pumping capacity with small size to fill a variety of requirements. Mini-Jet® pump is available in two models, each with an adjustable flow rate. Mini-Jet® aquarium pump can be completely submerged, making it the best choice to fit into sumps or reservoirs. The unique cord arrangement permits vertical installation in small compartments. Mini-Jet® can be used in reef aquariums to create water currents. It is ideal for small fountains or waterfalls. Suction cup support provides stable and silent operation.
Warranty: 2 years from date of purchase.
Model V/Hz Wattage Max Flow Max Pumping Height Dimensions
MN404 120V/60Hz 5W 18–108gph 32" 2.25" L x 1.5" W x 3" H
MN606 120V/60Hz 6W 82–153gph 46" 2.25" L x 1.5" W x 3" H
Note: The dimensions do not include any attachment or suction cups.
Item # Description Price
AS1151 Aquarium Systems Mini-Jet Powerhead MN404 $10.95
AS1153 Aquarium Systems Mini-Jet Powerhead MN606 $13.95

rykna

Nope....Aqua clear
The patented flow control feature allows for customized filter performance. The media basket prevents water by-pass around the filter media maximizing filtration efficiency. The filter preserves beneficial bacterial creating a stress free environment for aquarium inhabitants and maintains clear aquarium water. Installation and maintenance are quick, easy and convenience. The filter comes equipped with AquaClear Foam, Activated Carbon and BioMax. In addition, AquaClear delivers an entire line of media including Zeo-Carb and Ammonia Remover exclusively designed for the AquaClear Power Filter.
Sizes:
The bold part is what I like most about them. It's a mini canister bio filter hanging of the back of your tank.
Mini/20 Filter: for 5-20 gallong tanks. Maximum Output: 378 L per hour. Maximum Output: 100 U.S. gal per hour. Full Flow Control: 124 L per hour. Full Flow Control: 33 U.S. gal per hour. Power Consumption: 6 W. Maximum Aquarium Capacity: 75 L. Maximum Aquarium Capacity: 20 U.S. gal.
150/30 Filter: for 10-30 gallong tanks. Maximum Output: 567 L/h (150 U.S. Gal./h). Full Flow Control: 189 L/h (50 U.S. Gal./h). Power Consumption: 6 W. Maximum Aquarium Capacity: 113 L (30 U.S. Gal.).
200/50 Filter: for 20-50 gallon tanks. Maximum Output: 757 L/h (200 U.S. Gal./h). Full Flow Control: 250 L/h (66 U.S. Gal./h). Power Consumption: 6 W. Maximum Aquarium Capacity: 189 L (50 U.S. Gal.).
300/70 Filter: for 30-70 gallong tanks. For aquariums of 30 - 70 U.S. Gal. Maximum Output: 1135 L/h (300 U.S. Gal./h). Full Flow Control: 378 L/h (100 U.S. Gal./h). Power Consumption: 6 W. Maximum Aquarium Capacity: 265 L (70 U.S. Gal.).
500/110 Filter: for 60-110 gallon tanks. Maximum Output: 1892 L/h (500 U.S. Gal./h). Full Flow Control: 630 L/h (166 U.S. Gal./h). Power Consumption: 14 W. Maximum Aquarium Capacity: 110 U.S. Gal. (415 L).
You see the filters hanging of the back? Thoses are my 110 aquaclear filters

bronco300

stop that ryk! maxijets are great, and cheap! the mini jet is what i was talking about...but i'd rather just do a spray bar