call me exited, but...

monalisa

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
The horses look great...I have two suggestions however. Remove the dead coral in the tank...this is sharper than live rock and when the hitch with thgeir tail they can harm themselves...especially if you ever have to handle them and they are hitched to the coral. I would also suggest atleast 10 more pounds of live rock to help increase the pod population. In a hurry so this is all I have for now...will give more tips tomorrow.
Hey, done and done...BUT I'm not going to do anything in that tank very quickly...I'm talking S-L-O-W. I totally agree with what you've suggested and will take care of it, but in time...these little ones stress too easily, and I don't want messing with their environment too quickly to be the culprit of them coming down with something that I might otherwise have not had to deal with. I'm in the process now of planning some soft corals to be added, but since Appache and Navajo have only been in the tank less than 2 weeks...one thing at a time. They... first and foremost, in my mind, need to make themselves at home and accimate completely to my tank...that's happening.
I'm glad you found my thread. Questions and concerns always coming along, kinda like standing on wet ice.
Thanks Darth...I'm sure we'll talk a LOT more. Please let me know what you think of my plan, 'kay?
Lisa...

monalisa

Just a couple of pics I took tonight. After dinner and just getting themselves to chill and tuck in for the night.
That's Appache on top and Navajo a little lower on the coral (I don't know, they look really pretty comfy there...?) Navajo, as always is still a little in hunting mode...she's definitely had enough to eat...I always make sure of that.
Lisa...

monalisa

Tonight both Appache and Navajo (yes, even her) went to bed at about 8:00 this evening. Every day it seems that they sync into each other's schedules...yay...
Lisa

monalisa

Haaaa, found this thread again, finally. I've been hanging out in the new seahorse forum, but I don't want to neglect my reef friends either. Now that Appache and Navajo are settled in and doing fine, I'm in the process of researching and purchasing more corals for my reef...more color the better. I have a handful of frags arriving this Wednesday, can't wait!! (Thanks Bronco!!)
I took a number of pics of my reef just now and I thought I would post those to get this new leg of this thread started:
Lisa

rykna

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
See Willie (Royal Gramma) in the barnacle in that last picture?
Lisa
That's just to cool
I love the broken vase too.

monalisa

Originally Posted by Bronco300
hey lisa the tank looks awesome!!! love the last pic too!
Thanks Bronco, it seems to me that it needs a lot more color...hopefully that's coming with the awesome frags I just purchased and received.
I placed my new frags pretty much on the rock to the right (with nothing on it) in the little nooks and crannies. I came home from work tonight to find the littlest one tossed out of it's nook...I replaced it (@##$
hermits).
What are your thoughts on putting a brittlestar in my seahorse tank? Good...bad...ugly??? Just a thought that crossed my mind.
Lisa

monalisa

Originally Posted by Rykna
That's just to cool
I love the broken vase too.
Thanks Ryk!! I think the vase is kinda different for saltwater, but not too hoakie, as it were. I mean, I'm not planning on putting a little diver in the tank attached to a pump that surfaces and descends every so often. Well, now wait a minute...

Haha..j/k!!
Did you read the response I posted to Bronco's post? What do you think about a brittle star in my seahorse tank?
Let me know.
Lisa

bronco300

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Thanks Bronco, it seems to me that it needs a lot more color...hopefully that's coming with the awesome frags I just purchased and received.
I placed my new frags pretty much on the rock to the right (with nothing on it) in the little nooks and crannies. I came home from work tonight to find the littlest one tossed out of it's nook...I replaced it (@##$
hermits).
What are your thoughts on putting a brittlestar in my seahorse tank? Good...bad...ugly??? Just a thought that crossed my mind.
Lisa

hmm, sounds great, you probably ought to spread the news of wherever you got those cool new frags!!!!! you may want to glue em down or they may fall again, and get lost.....as for the brittle...i personally think they are ugly unles small and red/orange....but thats just me

monalisa

Originally Posted by Bronco300
hmm, sounds great, you probably ought to spread the news of wherever you got those cool new frags!!!!! you may want to glue em down or they may fall again, and get lost.....as for the brittle...i personally think they are ugly unles small and red/orange....but thats just me
I think I will need to glue my frags down, IF I keep them in my reef...that's not completely decided yet. What is the best and safest glue to use for that task?

ANNOUNCEMENT: Bronco300 has THE best, most true to color and healthiest frags I've EVER purchased!!!
Mine are still getting acclimated to my tank and lights, pictures when they are more comfy.
As far as the brittle is concerned, I was referring to "ugly" being a really, REALLY bad idea to have with my horses compatibility-wise. Any other ideas on what I can put into that tank for clean up? I'm concerned about an outbreak of cyano that's begun. At this point, I can turn down the feeding quite a bit from I've been giving (I know that I've been over-feeding, especially the first couple of weeks with them in the tank). Lights are only on for 5-6 hours/day, and flow...well, what can I do with that without compromising my horses?
Lisa

rykna

WHAAAAAAAAAT?????? He actually shared some of his PRECIOUS frags with you??? I've been begging him for months to get a frag of his blade...and he just hands some over to you....

jk

monalisa

WHAAAAAAAAAT?????? He actually shared some of his PRECIOUS frags with you??? I've been begging him for months to get a frag of his blade...and he just hands some over to you....

jk
blade? not sure what you're referring to there. I bought a beautiful green candycane frag and 5 assorted zoo frags...
They're not entirely opened yet, but from what I can see, the colors are very vibrant. Can't wait to see them completely happy.
Lisa

monalisa

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Whats the tank look like, still the same? You should check mine out in the photography forum.
My reef tank seems to be constantly changing. I look back at pictures that I've taken, and I think...WOW, I forgot it looked like that!! I've been slowly moving things compatible over to my seahorse tank.
I did just take random water tests tonight and here are the results:
pH: 8.2
ammonia: 0
nitrites: 0
nitrates: 0
I would be very interested in knowing how many sw keepers do random tests, just to make sure things are in check.
I'm off to check yours out now Triga22
Lisa

bronco300

hahahaha...ryk do not be fooled, miss lisa BOUGHT frags from me,lol...thanks for the compliment lisa, i home they do amazing as they have in mine!

rykna

jk
I know sniff....