call me exited, but...

monalisa

Originally Posted by theappe3
man you have the best aquascaping. Def unique!
Wow, VERY nice compliment...thank you very much!!

Lisa

monalisa

I had a little bit of a, well not scare actually...but an added frustration, yes, that's what I'll call it. My hb called me at work today and said that he got home from Milwaukee and noticed that the halide light on my reef wasn't on. Poor guy tinkered and tinkered and had no luck getting it to go back on.
When I got home from work, he had been busy elsewhere and I commented to him that he got the light to work again...mmmmm...no. There had been a storm that went through the area just before he got home and there must have been an interruption in the power...I don't know if this is true of all MH fixtures, but my MH needs a good 15-20 minutes before it will fire up again after being shut down.
I knew this and had to retrack the day. This is a good thing to know for others. My light is just fine right now, and the timers are on track (thanks to my hb).

Just thought I'd put this out there.
Lisa

monalisa

Nothing really new in my reef. With my little sand perch's demise, I'm wondering about putting another fish in. I'm not too sure how good an idea that is considering I have my little Sister Mary (pygmy angel) in there...
I'll have to think about it. For the most part, I'm hoping to run into some really cool corals to help build up that collection. I've been wanting to focus my concentration on that for this tank. We'll see how things pan out, I guess.
Lisa

monalisa

I've stated before and I'll state again...I absolutely love my clowns!!
Bozo spent this evening diving in and out of his mushrooms...very funny to watch. All of a sudden he disappears under the 'shrooms, only his tail visible,his tail disappears, and suddenly he reappears at the other end of the 'shroom rock. He did this over and over again...he sure had fun tonight!!
Who said clownfish weren't funny???

Lisa

m0nk

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Bozo spent this evening diving in and out of his mushrooms...very funny to watch. All of a sudden he disappears under the 'shrooms, only his tail visible,his tail disappears, and suddenly he reappears at the other end of the 'shroom rock. He did this over and over again...he sure had fun tonight!!

Lisa
"There was this mollusk, and he walks up to this sea cucumber. Normally, they don't talk, sea cucumbers, but in a joke everyone talks. So the sea mollusk says to the cucumber..."
Hehe, btw, tanks are looking great!

bronco300

Lisa

lol, thats awesome....how are those frags doing? hopefully everything made it ok...i know ryk can be an insane driver so who knows

monalisa

Originally Posted by m0nk
"There was this mollusk, and he walks up to this sea cucumber. Normally, they don't talk, sea cucumbers, but in a joke everyone talks. So the sea mollusk says to the cucumber..."
Hehe, btw, tanks are looking great!

LOL, as soon as I posted that line about my clownfish being funny, I thought of exactly that line!!
Whoa...DUDE!!
Ahhh, funny stuff.
Thanks a lot Monk.
Lisa

monalisa

Originally Posted by Bronco300
lol, thats awesome....how are those frags doing? hopefully everything made it ok...i know ryk can be an insane driver so who knows

OMG, the frags are doing completely awesome!! I tried taking pics of them last evening, but I couldn't get any of them to turn out since the blues were on already. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll try to get some decent pics. As it is, I only got 1 relativelly good pic...the purple blade is really doing great!! Hopefully I can get some pictures soon.
Thanks again, Luke!!
Lisa

rykna

ME??? My driving record is clean....that was over 7 years ago...they can't prove anything....
jk

Oh and for the record~I only spilled a half cup of tank water during the whole trip. The 15 filled with only 5 gallons more to fill

m0nk

LOL, as soon as I posted that line about my clownfish being funny, I thought of exactly that line!!
Whoa...DUDE!!
Ahhh, funny stuff.
Thanks a lot Monk.
Lisa
Hehe, I also like "If this is some kind of practical joke its not funny! And I know funny... I'm a clownfish!" I think I know every line in that movie, it was my son's favorite for almost a year.

bronco300

OMG, the frags are doing completely awesome!! I tried taking pics of them last evening, but I couldn't get any of them to turn out since the blues were on already. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll try to get some decent pics. As it is, I only got 1 relativelly good pic...the purple blade is really doing great!! Hopefully I can get some pictures soon.
Thanks again, Luke!!
Lisa
awesome lisa!! glad to hear they are doing so well!!! are beth's holding up as well?

monalisa

Originally Posted by m0nk
Hehe, I also like "If this is some kind of practical joke its not funny! And I know funny... I'm a clownfish!" I think I know every line in that movie, it was my son's favorite for almost a year.

How 'bout this one "Awwe, you guys made me ink myself!!"

I would blame knowing the lines from that movie on a little one, but at the time, we didn't really have any little ones around. I just love Disney Pixar...
Lisa

monalisa

awesome lisa!! glad to hear they are doing so well!!! are beth's holding up as well?
hehehe, ah, yeah...yeah, Beth's are holding up as well, hehehe.
No really, the frags are all still in my tanks. Beth is on summer break from school, I'm working full time, and we just haven't had a chance to transport any...yet. She's cool with that and so am I. Maybe by the time we make up our minds, it'll be time to frag again, who knows?
Lisa

rykna

How 'bout this one "Awwe, you guys made me ink myself!!"

I would blame knowing the lines from that movie on a little one, but at the time, we didn't really have any little ones around. I just love Disney Pixar...
Lisa
Me TOO!!!
I collect Disney.

bronco300

hehehe, ah, yeah...yeah, Beth's are holding up as well, hehehe.
No really, the frags are all still in my tanks. Beth is on summer break from school, I'm working full time, and we just haven't had a chance to transport any...yet. She's cool with that and so am I. Maybe by the time we make up our minds, it'll be time to frag again, who knows?
Lisa

lol, no problem, i'll just give ya a hard time from now on about hording the frags.

rykna

lol, no problem, i'll just give ya a hard time from now on about hording the frags.

Your one to talk silly...how long did it take to get a slice of the purple blade?

monalisa

No, no, no...no hoarding going on. I'm keeping a close eye on everything, and Beth will be getting some...I just want to see which ones are prettier, and keep those!!
Ha!!

Lisa

monalisa

Originally Posted by Rykna
Your one to talk silly...how long did it take to get a slice of the purple blade?

Mine's doing awesome, by the way!!
Lisa

rykna

Mine's doing awesome, by the way!!
Lisa
Mine's doing okay...I think my 90 has "tank shock"...after the seahorse incident I decreased the tank salinity to 1.009, a suggestion from Darth to zap the parasites. The tank has looked like a barren waste land except for the corkies...I don't think they care where you put them as long as you feed them. The zoos are perking up. Kinda funny...I had one tiny little patch of zoos...didn't open much at all...after adding Luke's frags they popped right open as if to say "hello neighbor"!!
I am sorry to report I can't find you xenias any where
Not sure what happened

The dwarf seahorse babies are growing rapidly! For the past 2 days it took some serious searching to locate them all, but today!!! WOW...they've really started to fill out. Before they looked like tiny little strings..now you can see patterns and they're more colorful. Dad looked like he was feeling better too.
Any more pics of the happy couple?