Chicago area trade

firedog

I have xenia for trade also. I know it is common, but willing to trade or possibly give it away for a small frag of rock to use to help divide the xenia. Would love to get some shrooms if anyone still has some. I may have star polyps later on.

fwildthing

Originally Posted by Firedog
I have xenia for trade also. I know it is common, but willing to trade or possibly give it away for a small frag of rock to use to help divide the xenia. Would love to get some shrooms if anyone still has some. I may have star polyps later on.
I have a lot......I'm in the west suburbs. fwildthing@yahoo.com.......
I would be interested in trading, for sure. need to thin out the herd!

hsanchez

Any body know about a LFS in Plainfield, IL. I think it's still called Barrier Reef Aquatics. Anybody know the address??

fwildthing

Originally Posted by HSanchez
i'd like a shroom too!
glad to trade you something....where are you located? I have a new 90 gallon just started and I'm looking for different stuff to put in it.

hsanchez

fwildthing, I have nothing to trade as of right now, I just manually fragged my first zoo and still waiting for the head to attach.

jellybowl

firedog,
I'm willing to trade a blue shroom for some xenia. I can have it loose... or on a smaller rock (~3x5"- sorta a flat fiji rock).
I'm on the northside too. Lemme know!
Do you happen to have any star polyps yet? I'd love some of those too...
Jelly

fwildthing

Originally Posted by HSanchez
fwildthing, I have nothing to trade as of right now, I just manually fragged my first zoo and still waiting for the head to attach.
that's ok, i have some loose ones I can give you....all you have to do is attach them to something. I have some LR pieces that are pretty small, but the shrooms aren't very big. they'll grow, trust me. That might help get you started....

infalable

Jellybowl, you still want some Zenia. I have about four pieces with multiple stalks. They are very nice. If anyone else is interested just let me know. Hey H, how is yours doing?

jellybowl

Hey Infalable,
Yes, I still want some Xenia. I have a rock with two blue shrooms on it for you. Tell me when and where we can meet, and I'll be there. I'm free all day today (Sunday) and Monday.
Jelly

hsanchez

fwildthing- Let me know if you want to drop them in the mail(i can paypal you shipping cost) or where we could meet.
infalable- the xenia stopped pulsing about 2 days ago, dunno why, any idea's? But it looks one of the stalks is getting ready to split again!

infalable

No not sure why. I was reading about zenia from the book that i copied the pages for you. It may be a difference in water parameters, but not sure.
Jellybowl, where do you live. I live in Brookfield. I am sure we can meet halfway somewhere. Tomorrow (Monday) should be good for me. I will reply tonight and let you know what times would be good. I have a nice piece for you.

jellybowl

I live near the 90/94 interchange. I can drive out towards Brookfield if you want. I don't know anywhere that we can meet since I am somewhat new to Chicago. If you can think of somewhere in between, great! I am free in the afternoon.
email me at gnealon2003@yahoo.com

hsanchez

Infalable, that green zoo finally attached himself to the rock, and so I moved him up closer to the light and flow. Give him a couple weeks to grow a couple more heads and he's yours.