Chicago area trade

kingoftang

I would love some Zenia and some shrooms if any one got any? what would you be willing to trade, I don't have any corals...Is there anything else you would like...MONEY???

caillou

Originally Posted by Jellybowl
Caillou,
Do you still have the smaller GSP? I'd like take it from you, but don't have anything on your list of wants... Maybe you'd take some greenbacks?
I've got lots of the gsp, I still have the small one, it might go away tomorrow but I could easily make another one. What else have you got? My list was only a wish list and nothing set in stone. I'm just looking for some more variety for my tank!

sou812

Originally Posted by Caillou
Where are you located?
I'm real close to the city (just a little NW) in the burbs.
Hey Caillou, I noticed u were posting up alot that u were looking 2 make some trades. Would u be willing 2 sell any of your items? let me know Tankstou@aol.com thanks Mike

israel p

Hello Everyone!
I have started the hobby in April of this year. Began slow with FOWLR. I think kicking crack would be easier than this! I feel like a teen who got his first taste of poon....
....sorry just wanted to make a statement... anyway. I purchased a few corals about a month ago and all seems good. Even fragged a Zenia. Got three pieces now! :joy:
So like many before me I would like to get my hands on more. I'm dying to add some color to my tank. I have a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore that would love to trade.(i.e. third edition D&D books, paint ball gear, guitar tab books, and books for you college students) I am pleasantly surprised at how helpful many of you guys are so I thank you for merely reading this post. Will be going to New Mexico for work but will be local in a couple of weeks. I drive all over the six neighboring counties of Cook for work and live within spitting distance of the brick yard mall. I'm not too proud for charity but will certainly pay for some. E-mail me izyfolks@hotmail.com, izyfolks@comcast.net with any responses. Hope I didn't discourage anyone with my crude sense of humor just looking to ease the tension. Would much rather give my money to someone acting on kindness than my lfs who has steered me wrong a couple times.

ppurcell

I am looking for shrooms, zoas or whatnot for my relatively new tank. I live in Naperville, and would be happy to drive most anywhere in the Chicago area. I don't have much to trade at the moment except maybe 3" Kenya tree or a 4" Galaxia - Galaxea fascicularis. I have very high flow, so xenia is not going to fare well.
I also have a couple of non-reef safe critters for anyone that wants them
chocolate chip star
pencil tip urchin
tuxedo urchin (maybe reef safe)

fwildthing

Sorry all, I've been working O/T this past few months and haven't had time to come on. I still have the red mushrooms!! Had a bout with red algae that I finally got under control. I have quite few small pieces of rock with some nice red shrooms if anyone is still interested in trading. I also have some large pieces of rock COVERED in red mushrooms. (see the pic farther back in this thread), all I ask is that you replace the rock with a similar size piece if that's what you want.

24aqua

Originally Posted by Caillou
Alright,
I've got a few things I wouldn't mind throwing out there for trade, I've got a 7 head green hammer which I just fragged off the mother colony (it was getting too big for me) real nice, real pretty, I'd be happy to send pics or I'll post one once my lights come on. I've also got some real nice zoos, orange centers with kind of neon green skirts (same deal on the pics) I've got a few different sized pieces of the zoos and can alway make a bigger one or a smaller one depending on your needs. I think they might be "fire and ice" but I'm not sure. Lastly I've got a few green star polyps, one is the size of a baseball and one is about 3/4" x 3". This stuff has been just growing like mad in my tank for the last few years and I finally decided to frag it off. I live in Park Ridge and prefer to do this locally.
Things I'm not really looking for... shrooms, xenia, candycanes or brains. Things I am looking for, interesting color zoos, ricordia (other than green), sps frags or ???
The hammer is pretty decent sized and I could possibly frag it smaller if needed.
Again, I'll post some pics once my lights come on.
Thanks,
i would like the hammer if any left near wrigley vill

subonidio

Originally Posted by Jwblocal701
I got a GSM clown to trade with anyone for some frags or other fish let me know hes gotta go
I GOT SOME GREEN FLOURESENT ZOOS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED i will trade for your clown LET EM KNOW AT galvachini15@aol.com

israel p

No chance on selling a frag guys? I know theres got to be someone out there that has an over abundance of stuff they want to sell. I'll pick up with cash in hand, All I have is a green star poly (nice size), green ricordia (pretty small) and some zenia pom poms. At this point I dont care how small the frags are I just want variety. I suppose I could just buy them at my lfs but they usually want $40-$50 for a small rock. I'm sure I could spend that much one of you guys and get a heck of alot more. Come on Chi-town hook me up!

fwildthing

Originally Posted by Israel P
No chance on selling a frag guys? I know theres got to be someone out there that has an over abundance of stuff they want to sell. I'll pick up with cash in hand, All I have is a green star poly (nice size), green ricordia (pretty small) and some zenia pom poms. At this point I dont care how small the frags are I just want variety. I suppose I could just buy them at my lfs but they usually want $40-$50 for a small rock. I'm sure I could spend that much one of you guys and get a heck of alot more. Come on Chi-town hook me up!
how about red mushrooms??