College Football 2004

blemmy_guy

OHHH THATS WRONG!!!! JUST KIDDIN, IT WAS A GOOD GAME, JUST SUCKS TO LOOSE 2 XS IN A ROW BY 3 POINTS AN THE LAST 10 SECONDS OF THE GAME!! ANY WAY FARVE IS AWSOME, AND WE WILL GET YA NEXT TIME!! TODD

liverock27

Blemmy_Guy,
is your Vikings going to have a repeat performance of last year, starting out 6-0 and not making the playoffs?

blemmy_guy

:confused: I NEVER KNOW FROM YR TO YR, BUT I REALLY FEEL LIKE WE WILL GET BACK ON TRACK. BUT IVE BEEN A FAN OF THERES SINCE I WAS 13, IM 39 NOW, SO IM KINDA USED TO THEM!! :) TODD

reefraff

Originally posted by LiveRock27
OU and Auburn have to play a conference game and SC doesn't. That confrence game should mean alot to both if they win. The extra game at the end and the chance for Auburn to beat up on Tenn. again should put them up a place in the poll. I don't see how you think Bush will be able to run all over Auburn? What big time, fast, hard hitting defense has he even faced this year. V Tech only has special teams, Cal has smaller slower Def Ends, and ND hasn't stopped anyone this year. I am sorry that SC was left out last year, but that was last year, get over it all ready. I mean don't yall claim to have a shair of the title without the title game win?? We will rank last years SC team up their with the great champions like the 1990 Buffaloes of Colorado.

*AP HAS AUB AND OU TIED FOR SECOND*
Don't look at Bush's stats, watch what he does with the ball. He makes a ton of yardage after he should be stopped. I would love to see him run on Auburn based on what I've seen of Aub's run defense. Just an opinion unless they play but I think Bush's style will give them a lot of trouble.
SC doesn't play a title game but they do close out the season against UCLA and ND. Both of those games match any in the nation when it comes to rivalries. If SC, OU and AUB all win out they will all three be 12-0 so your conference title games don't give you the extra win. So if all three win out who do you think should be left out? Based on the remaining schedule I don't see them dropping SC to third without a loss. I am a playoff supporter and really hope we end up with another controversy this year. May be the final straw for this stupid system.
I think SC should have been in the title game and had a lot of company all over the country. That is why they adjusted the BSC formula. I would have loved to have seen SC spank LSU last year:)

wrassecal

Originally posted by reefraff
Flood Street, what a great address for a fish store

I can't believe I never thought of that before.
We'll see what happens with the BCS since AP ranked Auburn and OU as a tie for #2.
My favorite team won their championship today:cheer: Our 10 year old won the 5th grade Norman championship. He made the winning touchdown in OT. Norman little league football must be big-time. I'm watching the American Music awards and Toby Keith just won one and said he just heard his 7 yr old son's flag football team won their championship game back in Norman and he dedicated his award to his kid's team.
There sure is a lot of IMPORTANT football in Norman.

reefraff

COOL:cheer:
Since your favorite team already got the championship I am sure you wont mind if Auburn scootches ahead of OU :D

ty_05_f

Well my Highschool team won the state championship last year and are in the playoffs again this year.
I just saw norman little league on the news again:D
The coaches poll has OU ahead of Auburn still.
Oh... ya go Buffs beat Nebraska and help our average.

reefraff

You OU guys better hope Auburn stumbles or SC loses, good possibility playing ND and cross town rival back to back. I have a feeling Baylor and Iowa State are in for serious azz woopins by OU but it still may not be enough to hold off Auburn from that 2 spot.

liverock27

Reefraff,
are you trying to compare US and UCLA's "rivlary" to OU v. Texas, Auburn v. Alabama, UGA v. UF, or Miami v. Florida St.
Also Bush looks good, but I can't believe you are questioning Auburns Run Def?? First of all Bush isn't the top running back in the nation, infact there are two pretty good guys over playing in Texas and OK, just MOP. The only thing that is keeping Peterson from winning the Heisman is that he is a freshman. If you look at the rushing stats Peterson and Benson have more than twice the number of rushing yard, hell both running backs over at Auburn have more rushing yards than him and they are splitting time with each other.

wrassecal

Originally posted by reefraff
COOL:cheer:
Since your favorite team already got the championship I am sure you wont mind if Auburn scootches ahead of OU :D

Naw, it just means I can turn all my attention to OU now:D

reefraff

Reefraff,
are you trying to compare US and UCLA's "rivlary" to OU v. Texas, Auburn v. Alabama, UGA v. UF, or Miami v. Florida St.
Also Bush looks good, but I can't believe you are questioning Auburns Run Def?? First of all Bush isn't the top running back in the nation, infact there are two pretty good guys over playing in Texas and OK, just MOP. The only thing that is keeping Peterson from winning the Heisman is that he is a freshman. If you look at the rushing stats Peterson and Benson have more than twice the number of rushing yard, hell both running backs over at Auburn have more rushing yards than him and they are splitting time with each other.

Try watching an SC game before commenting. I have watched a few Auburn games and based on what I saw I believe Bush (not the SC running game in general)will cause them MANY problems. (I think we may get a chance to watch it happen if SC and Auburn go undefeated) Like I said before watch what Bush does with the ball, not his stats. White is USC's running back. Bush gets a little more than a third of the carries. Never said he was a serious Heisman candidate, SC has too many weapons for any single player other than the QB to run up Heisman stats and seeing as how Pete Carrol wont keep his starters in the game once it is in the bag (did you notice white in the OU game at the end leading 30-0?) it is hard for the QB.
You don't think the SC-UCLA matchup is a big rivalry? Those who follow the game outside the SEC understand this matchup is as intense as any in the country as is the SC ND game.

liverock27

first of all I do keep up with football outside of SEC. I don't care if it is a Pac 10 or MAC game, I watch them all. You seem to only concentrate on the Pac10, haven't hear anything out of your comments that would show that you have watched anything but West Coast games and maybe caught a few Thursday night ESPN games. I am not saying that USC and UCLA isn't a rivalry, but I am disagreeing with you on the fact that you said it was the biggest rivalry and giving you some other match ups. It is not a big rivalry unless the rest of the country outside of Cali is interested in watching it, like the Michigan v. Ohio St. game. Even if both teams suck people all over the nation go out of their way to watch the game.

ty_05_f

Even if both teams suck people all over the nation go out of their way to watch the game.

I can tell you one thing I don't

blueface

I hate to say I told you so!!! But Wisconsin Was a pretender not a contender!!! Michigan in the Rose Bowl!!! GO BLUE!!!!:cheer: :cheer:

ty_05_f

I was just curious why most people think Oklahoma is a backwards state? The Nebraska head coach called the fans of OU a bunch of rednecks.
Edited: not a bunch of red necks but a bunch of blankety blank hillbillies.:thinking:

liverock27

No offense, but it might be because your "Pep Squad" is called the "Rough Necks", but I hate Callahan also. I am a big Raiders ran and after him calling the team idiots last year, I didn't expect much more out of him in Lincoln. Taking the Option out of Nebraska's offense just doesn't seem right. Almost like putting a stip on ND's helmet or adding that second logo to the other side of the Steelers' helmet

reefraff

first of all I do keep up with football outside of SEC. I don't care if it is a Pac 10 or MAC game, I watch them all. You seem to only concentrate on the Pac10, haven't hear anything out of your comments that would show that you have watched anything but West Coast games and maybe caught a few Thursday night ESPN games. I am not saying that USC and UCLA isn't a rivalry, but I am disagreeing with you on the fact that you said it was the biggest rivalry and giving you some other match ups. It is not a big rivalry unless the rest of the country outside of Cali is interested in watching it, like the Michigan v. Ohio St. game. Even if both teams suck people all over the nation go out of their way to watch the game.

Never said it was the "biggest rivalry", just matches the intensity of any of the others and it really doesn't matter what the TV ratings are. Living in bugtustle Montana I end up seeing games from across the country (the wages may suck but we don't get blacked out). If offered a choice of OU, Texas or SC and say BYU I am going to see what the Trojans are up to during commercials, I'd rather watch the best games, not the best team.
On a positive negative note: Callahan is the Anti-Christ! GO RAIDERS!!!! We finally found something to agree on :)