Colts vs. Bears...

ruaround

Originally Posted by skipperdz
ruaround.....can u say tom brady? he also calls from the line or did u miss him looking at his qb sheet on his arm almost the whole game on sunday?
ooooohhhh contraire!!! Brady is given 1 play... he does have a list of options to chose from known as audibles... Peyton is given 3 to 5 plays from the O coordinator... he then calls a play and then makes adjustments from there... often times changing th play 2 or 3 times... hence the reason the the huddle take 3 to 6 seconds and his preplay adjustments take 15 to 20...
Brady has a list of plays to call in certain situations such as the 2 min drill... Peyton calls his own from the point of hurry up... ie if there are 4 mins left and they need to drive to score Manning will call all the plays until the drive ends with the exception of th 2 min warning... Brady would still huddle get a play and perhaps audible if necesary...
PS his game sheet is a qwik ref for the play being called in qwiker... ie... A1 = slot right wr out 2 option middle fb flat weak hb pro... instead of all that verbage the play caller will simply say "A1"... (it may not be as simple as that, but thts what the wrist sheet is for... and to ref a play in hurry up)...

schneidts

I have to say, Manning is an amazing QB. The no huddle offense...calling plays on the fly...you don't get to watch a great QB, coach from the line very often. He definitely deserves a ring.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by ruaround
ooooohhhh contraire!!! Brady is given 1 play... he does have a list of options to chose from known as audibles... Peyton is given 3 to 5 plays from the O coordinator... he then calls a play and then makes adjustments from there... often times changing th play 2 or 3 times... hence the reason the the huddle take 3 to 6 seconds and his preplay adjustments take 15 to 20...
Brady has a list of plays to call in certain situations such as the 2 min drill... Peyton calls his own from the point of hurry up... ie if there are 4 mins left and they need to drive to score Manning will call all the plays until the drive ends with the exception of th 2 min warning... Brady would still huddle get a play and perhaps audible if necesary...
PS his game sheet is a qwik ref for the play being called in qwiker... ie... A1 = slot right wr out 2 option middle fb flat weak hb pro... instead of all that verbage the play caller will simply say "A1"... (it may not be as simple as that, but thts what the wrist sheet is for... and to ref a play in hurry up)...
Yep. That right there shows why he is such an amazing quarterback. Good explanation, RU.

ruaround

Originally Posted by Oceanists
If the colts didnt beat the Patriots , would PPayton and Dungy be in colts apperal next year?
ofcourse... why wouldnt they be??? Martyball has kept his coaching job with little post season success...

steinchef

Bears all the way. The D will hold manning passes to a minimum and they will have to try to rush the ball. Good luck with that. And in no way shape or form is the indy offense too fast for our secondary. It will be a pretty close game 24 21 or so. Should be one of the better super bowl games in a while.
BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!

emmitt2

Is that the uniforms you guys are gonna wear in the game???
Not saying you shouldnt have got it, i definitely would have if it was my team, but i hate when they change uniforms! Always seems like a jinx to me.

tx reef

No, they are not wearing these uniforms.....they are wearing their normal jersey with a Superbowl logo.
I just wanted to get the "special edition" jersey...more of a collectors item.

emmitt2

Man, the NFL knows how to make money!

Wonder how many of these they are gonna sell? Probably about a million at 75 beans a pop. They know all bigtime bears and colts fans are gonna buy them. Somehow they always figure out a way to make us buy more jerseys :notsure:
I even have a cowboy throwback jersey even though i think they are ugly as hell and we play terrible in them usually! I gotta have all their jerseys for some reason though

scubadoo

Dungy will fall back on his defensive roots and load the box early and DARE the Bears to take to the air. SHould the COlts get out to an early lead...it could be a LONG day for the Bears.
Bears NEED turnovers at least plus 3 to win. If they get plus 3 it will be close.
Colts 31-17

scubadoo

Some bears fans are classless..so I am hoping for a beat down. I even got into it at the local watering hole. I'm not that small a guy so I invited a couple Bears fans to the parking lot after their tasteless comments as well......... and they declined. A class bears fan and a GOOD friend calmed me down. Of course ...he had my 100 bucks in his pocket from out friendly little wager.
Report from CHicago...
(CBS)
Sunday night, some Bears fans took the rivalry too far. In one instance, a woman being interviewed by a New Orleans TV reporter in front of Soldier Field was pushed out of the way by a man screaming, "Super Bowl, Super Bears."
Saints fans and New Orleans residents are especially upset by one sign that says "Bears: Finishing What Katrina Started."
"(It's) very, very disappointing that there are people that will take something that's happened so bad to our city and try to turn it around over a football game," one woman said.
Another woman added, "A man lost his wife and child in Katrina and they were ragging him over that, and it was just terrible."
A Louisiana resident wrote to CBS 2: "I have visited your city many times but never will again. I pray to God no catastrophic event ever occurs that will force your entire city out of their homes."
Hopefully, the class Bears fans will show up in Miami...as I'm sure there are many.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by flpriest
Offence wins games, Defence wins championships!

Bears 14 Colts 09
Then what happend to the Ravens....#1 ranked defense in the entire nfl?

catawaba

I wonder if the Bears players will make another video after they win? This time it could be The Superbowl Scuffle

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
Some bears fans are classless..so I am hoping for a beat down. I even got into it at the local watering hole. I'm not that small a guy so I invited a couple Bears fans to the parking lot after their tasteless comments as well......... and they declined. A class bears fan and a GOOD friend calmed me down. Of course ...he had my 100 bucks in his pocket from out friendly little wager.
Report from CHicago...
(CBS)
Sunday night, some Bears fans took the rivalry too far. In one instance, a woman being interviewed by a New Orleans TV reporter in front of Soldier Field was pushed out of the way by a man screaming, "Super Bowl, Super Bears."
Saints fans and New Orleans residents are especially upset by one sign that says "Bears: Finishing What Katrina Started."
"(It's) very, very disappointing that there are people that will take something that's happened so bad to our city and try to turn it around over a football game," one woman said.
Another woman added, "A man lost his wife and child in Katrina and they were ragging him over that, and it was just terrible."
A Louisiana resident wrote to CBS 2: "I have visited your city many times but never will again. I pray to God no catastrophic event ever occurs that will force your entire city out of their homes."
Hopefully, the class Bears fans will show up in Miami...as I'm sure there are many.
Wow, that is just awful. Just another reason to root for Manning and the Colts!!