Costa's 156 gallon Build Log

costa13

Originally Posted by azfishgal
OK, I'm really interested in how you are going to use those rods. ***)
Just watch and learn. LOL :hilarious

bocfuss

Thanks for keeping us updated. It looks awesome.

P.S. Rooney scoring in the 90th minute against AC Milan was priceless!!!!

costa13

I know dude amazing. When I watched Rooney score the tying goal I was so excited, then when he scored that winning goal I went crazy. :scared: Rooney is my hero.
Also Man U is ahead Chelsea by 5 points now in the cup.
Soccer is an amazing sport, and I hope to play professionally when I get older.

80sbaby

Costa -how does the top/off tank work? I have an idea, but where does the water flow 2. I have decided to use the 2 10g= 1-for the intake and skimmer/heater. 2-for the fuge/return. If I put them side by side I can use pvc pipe to connect them right? If I do it your way how can I make it work? :help:

80sbaby

Thats it . :cheer: I only have about 12in to play with under the tank. Im thinking a 7 gallon maybe out of acrylic. I still need room for the stand. So what size pump would be sufficient for two returns? I would like to have 2 flows. Would it even be possible to have 4. 2 in the middle and/ 1 in each corner? Thanks for all your help.

80sbaby

In my case , being that im not using the ATO how will it work? I will need another pump correct? What size? Is there a god? Are women ever happy?LOL :hilarious

80sbaby

Even if I want 2 have 4 returns? Couldn't I just use a bigger pump? If not-can I at least go with 2. I want to install those flex heads.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by costa13
Just watch and learn. LOL :hilarious
***) I'm watching, but nothing is happening.

costa13

Originally Posted by 80sbaby
Even if I want 2 have 4 returns? Couldn't I just use a bigger pump? If not-can I at least go with 2. I want to install those flex heads.
I seem to not understand. Are you trying to have four return pumps from you sump back to you tank?

costa13

Originally Posted by azfishgal
***) I'm watching, but nothing is happening.
Will post and update of what I accomplished the weekend in a little bit.

costa13

Update: This weekend I got a lot down.
First I made a top flange for the refugium so it would not bow when it was filled with water.

I began building and almost completed the sump. I hopefully will complete this week. In the picture it is on its side

I also went to Lowes and picked up a bunch of plumbing supplies. Instead of using acrylic rods to make rock pillars. I found these mailbox reflectors that are made out of fiberglass and are even strong than acrylic rods.

Lastly I had and extra water faucet laying around and came up with a brilliant idea. I am going to drill a hole near the bottom of the sump and put a bulkhead and then attach this water faucet to the bulkhead. So on water changes all I have to do is hook up a hose and run outside.

80sbaby

Good idea, Im going to steal that one 2. LOL. No I just want to have more than 1 return. I can accomplish at least 2 returns by just adding extra fex heads, right? Also do you believe it is wise to drill the holes on the bottom rather then top or sides? I was also thinking about using overflow boxes on each side.

costa13

Good idea, Im going to steal that one 2. LOL. No I just want to have more than 1 return. I can accomplish at least 2 returns by just adding extra fex heads, right? Also do you believe it is wise to drill the holes on the bottom rather then top or sides? I was also thinking about using overflow boxes on each side.
I would still recomend just sticking to one return pump because you are not supposed to have to much flow going through you sump. Also it doesn't matter were you drill your holes. It is just wherever you need them.

80sbaby

Originally Posted by costa13
I would still recomend just sticking to one return pump because you are not supposed to have to much flow going through you sump. Also it doesn't matter were you drill your holes. It is just wherever you need them.
I understand, but I mean 1 return- 2 flex heads coming out of middle top of tank. That should be fine, right?

costa13

I understand, but I mean 1 return- 2 flex heads coming out of middle top of tank. That should be fine, right?

Yea that would be fine