Dear Diary...

adairable

im a total nerd...I can't decide between which makes me happier: spiderman 3 or SWF shipment
:thinking: Its a toss up

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Adairable
im a total nerd...I can't decide between which makes me happier: spiderman 3 or SWF shipment
:thinking: Its a toss up
Join the club we've got jackets.
I just got a call from my LFS (yea they call me) Just got electric flame scallops in im going to pick one up today. :jumping:

adairable

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
Join the club we've got jackets.
I just got a call from my LFS (yea they call me) Just got electric flame scallops in im going to pick one up today. :jumping:
I wish I could have one of those....

and you talk about me using my charm and all and your LFS is doing house calls.....

perfectdark

I wish I could have one of those....

and you talk about me using my charm and all and your LFS is doing house calls.....
Ill send it right out. :hilarious
And theres a fine line between charm and spending money. Have you seen my mug? Im betting on spending money. LOL :joy:

adairable

Ill send it right out. :hilarious
And theres a fine line between charm and spending money. Have you seen my mug? Im betting on spending money. LOL :joy:
what I meant was i don't think I can have one with my setup silly :notsure:
anywho, what is wrong with your mug??? you need to get some glamour shots!

adairable

so in my order today I got a group of peppermint shrimps....there were supposed to be 5, I got 7!!!!! SWF rocks! But is 7 too many????

bonebrake

7 is ok. They shipped me 7 too whenever i got mine a year ago and only 4 are still alive. I don't think they live very long maybe 1-2 years, but yours are babies! They should live a long time!
Note: Mine hid all the time in the rocks for like the first two months and now they stay out in the open all the time.
Your sexy shrimp looks really healthy too and so does your fighting conch!
:jumping:

bonebrake

Oh by the way, they shipped the dry goods separately FedEx Ground, so we won't get that until next week. I'll be home from Myrtle Beach, SC on Friday or Saturday so you can stop by then or I can drop it off at your place. I wouldn't mind seeing the 14 gal. BioCube sometime!
:joy:

adairable

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
Oh by the way, they shipped the dry goods separately FedEx Ground, so we won't get that until next week. I'll be home from Myrtle Beach, SC on Friday or Saturday so you can stop by then or I can drop it off at your place. I wouldn't mind seeing the 14 gal. BioCube sometime!
:joy:
Yea that would be great... give me a call when you get in and I'll let you see the tank
Have a great trip!!!

ps my mom lives down there

perfectdark

what I meant was i don't think I can have one with my setup silly :notsure:
anywho, what is wrong with your mug??? you need to get some glamour shots!

Oh of course you can, it wasnt your fault that your "fish is sick" (line from my fav commercial) Your still into it and buying stuff? Consider your self nerded. (if thats a word).
Well lets see I have a third eye on my forehead, this hump on my back.....I think Glamour shots would lock the door on me.

Just got back from that FS too, I bought me a electric flame scallop and they had a MIDAS BLENNY in stock its on hold for me. WOOHHOOO

clay12340

They are neat looking little critters, but I think a lot of people have trouble keeping them alive for very long. It has always scared me off of keeping them.

adairable

Oh of course you can, it wasnt your fault that your "fish is sick" (line from my fav commercial) Your still into it and buying stuff? Consider your self nerded. (if thats a word).
Well lets see I have a third eye on my forehead, this hump on my back.....I think Glamour shots would lock the door on me.

Just got back from that FS too, I bought me a electric flame scallop and they had a MIDAS BLENNY in stock its on hold for me. WOOHHOOO

ha....nerded, it finally happen to me

I think I was born nerded, disease that my mother must have passed down to me
and you are not ugly...i saw the pic of you and I am guessing your daughter but I don't want to assume and you guys are adorable...almost adairable :jumping:
so after talking to you and seeing how excited you were about this midas blenny I looked it up....they are awesome looking. I am thinking it might be my first purchase after the ich quaratine ... they are so pink and cute!!!!

adairable

Originally Posted by Clay12340
They are neat looking little critters, but I think a lot of people have trouble keeping them alive for very long. It has always scared me off of keeping them.
:thinking: midas blenny or scallop....?(don't say midas)

adairable

so i now have a sexy shrimp and it might be my favorite inhabitant.....(besides fish, but they don't like my death tank)
the sexy just shakes his tail feathers all day
he/she goes from one coral to the next swinging its booty saying "you like? you buy?" its hilarious

L

lbaskball

:thinking: midas blenny or scallop....?(don't say midas)
The electric scallops are almost impossible to feed. They are known to feed on a lot of zooplankton. Most usually day within few weeks.
Midas blenny are a good choice.

L

lbaskball

so i now have a sexy shrimp and it might be my favorite inhabitant.....(besides fish, but they don't like my death tank)
the sexy just shakes his tail feathers all day
he/she goes from one coral to the next swinging its booty saying "you like? you buy?" its hilarious

What corals did you order? and how much did you spend? $100?

perfectdark

ha....nerded, it finally happen to me

I think I was born nerded, disease that my mother must have passed down to me
and you are not ugly...i saw the pic of you and I am guessing your daughter but I don't want to assume and you guys are adorable...almost adairable :jumping:
so after talking to you and seeing how excited you were about this midas blenny I looked it up....they are awesome looking. I am thinking it might be my first purchase after the ich quaratine ... they are so pink and cute!!!!
LOL ty, (blush). Yes that is my daughter, shes wanted a Nemo since shes been 2 yrs old. So the BioCube seemed the best to learn on. So, maybe I'll start winking at the FS employes now see if I get a little some some from them. LOL :hilarious
The midas blenny comes from 2 different locations both are very hardy fish and very docile. The only difference is their coloring, one is more yellow orange than the other. Although mine looks very much like the yellow orange its natural color is the light blue and yellow. They change colors when they change moods. Nervous scared or mad, mine was almost orange and brown tiger striped when I got it cuz it was so new to my tank. Now its almost pink yellow and becoming more comfotable in my tank. I dont think Clay was talking about the blenny, these guys are differnt from the other blennys, they dont feed on copepods they scrape the algea from your glass, they eat a number of different foods and they tend not to go into hiding or burrow as some blennys do. They perfer to swim in the water column current and snack on things that go by. They have a very eel like appreance in their movemnets but they have the face like a turtle IMO.
I would think the scallop would be what clay was talking about, mainly because they have to be fed with a baster or a sea squirt. I use Zoo plankton and Cyclops. My onther one loved it, but, it was difficult cuz it would find a place to hang in the tank and it was really difficult to get to it to feed.
You will like the blenny if you get it, and from what I have read they are a very cool fish for a nano tank.