DeMartini's 14G BioCube

demartini

I ruined my aquascape... I hope nothing dies.
I got rid of my frogspawn today, so I went to the fish store and got 2 new corals and when I was trying to change things around I was too rough, and I broke my pretty arch in to rubble! :mad: not only that my coral started falling all over...even in back of the rocks, so I had to move everything. The sand got shifted a lot, so I hope that doesn't start a mini cycle.
My poor candy canes don't look very good. I'll post pictures of how it looks in a bit. It's completely different!

gharner

Wow! im sorry about ur loss, that must really suck. im sure that youll have it all fixed up before no time though. post pics soon.

gharner

do you have a quarintine tank set up that you could put your corals/ fish in just in case your tank goes through a mini cycle?

shogun323

Originally Posted by DeMartini
I got rid of my frogspawn today, so I went to the fish store and got 2 new corals and when I was trying to change things around I was too rough, and I broke my pretty arch in to rubble! :mad: not only that my coral started falling all over...even in back of the rocks, so I had to move everything. The sand got shifted a lot, so I hope that doesn't start a mini cycle.
My poor candy canes don't look very good. I'll post pictures of how it looks in a bit. It's completely different!
I hope everything works out ok for ya!!

Originally Posted by emilytompkins
very cool tank!
i have a few questions for you-
im going to get my first saltwater tank in spring (ive had some fresh water experience)
Ok, I'm definately going to get a llarge tank like 150 gallons, but the question is- should i go right there or buy a nano (24g) first?
Next question- should i start off with a fish-only, FOWLR, or reef?
i would really like a bit more fish than yours does but i still LOVE your coral setup! with a 24g nano about how many fish could I fit in comfortably with that kind of lr and coral?
LOOOOOVE the tank! ive noticed you rearrage the coral alot though. never satisfied huh? lol
oops i guess i sort of jinxed it- sorry
it was such a beautiful tank! I hope everything lives!

demartini

thank you to all of you...except for emilytompkins... Just kidding lol it took a long time, but I think I like it more now. I have a bag of purigen in the filter, so my tank shouldn't cycle again. I just hope my candy canes puff out like they did before.

johndestef

Nice job with the Purigen, very quick thinking. From their site, it looks like nice stuff to keep around... for just your type of emergency. So you got all of your ideas/ answers from this site..........? Man, you must have a photographic memory.
Well what ever it is, it shows through your dedication, and all of us appreciate you sharing all of the great (and not so great) things about your nano.
So when are you going to open your own LFS?!? :notsure:
:happyfish

1knight164

Not much more I can say that no one else has already said. Awesome! I do have to thank you for recommending rics awhile back. Got two the other day from SWF. They're babies still, but I can't wait until they grow up and hopefully look like yours.

demartini

Originally Posted by 1knight164
Not much more I can say that no one else has already said. Awesome! I do have to thank you for recommending rics awhile back. Got two the other day from SWF. They're babies still, but I can't wait until they grow up and hopefully look like yours.

yaaay rics are awesome!!

bayside

hey DeMartinin or anyone else willing to chim in i have a question for you on nanos.
what do you all keep for water perameters? on my other tanks i try to keep pretty closely in these ranges, thanks for any input as im new to nanos and do not know if anything should be bumped up or down.
Salt 1.025
Ph 8.0-8.3
Kh 8-12
CA 400-500

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by DeMartini
Why did you get rid of your frogspawn? did it die? Im telling you, the way you switched from your old tank to your new tank, I was guessing you might have a mini cycle. Either way, just an update, my tank is still not doing well. Lots of algae, the flow sucks from the stock pump thats in there. I redid my aquascape like million times. I just never had so much trouble with a nanocube as I do with the biocube.