do farms have a right to shoot stray animals that have been dumped by their land?

L

lsu

"In this case, you need TNT..Guns aren't going to do squat vs. A Pack. You might get one and scare the rest off and that's it..Unless you have a dozen snipper shooters working shifts for the hunt at your ranch"--aztec reef
I have an AR-15 and took down 5 out of twelve feral dogs on my land, if you have a semi-automatic rifle and know how to use it, you can get most of them at one time

1journeyman

Originally Posted by ghola5
Hey good news....
The news and and in the newspaper are covering the topic here of animals being dumped, There has been alot dumped by our zoo but they say its happening all over as it, they are cracking down, In fact they say if you see someone dumping get their license number, what the car looks like and even if you can get what the person looks like, they will be fined and can even serve 90 days in jail. They say you can call the animal shelter and non emergency to report this. Ha, things are getting done and I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!

Even just from this news more people will be aware and maybe think twice about dumping their animals!
That's awesome news. Well done.

jonthefishguy

It sure is interesting to see that as long as a MOD is in the heated discussion that probably should have closed a long time ago, it stays open. The moment anyone else posts something that the MOD doesnt like, he closes it. Seems hipocritical. Wonders who monitors the MOD's, seeing that they are just regular people that "someone else" said could be a MOD. Under FAQ, it states. " Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating." I havent seen helpful or knowledge. What about you?

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
It sure is interesting to see that as long as a MOD is in the heated discussion that probably should have closed a long time ago, it stays open. The moment anyone else posts something that the MOD doesnt like, he closes it. Seems hipocritical. Wonders who monitors the MOD's, seeing that they are just regular people that "someone else" said could be a MOD. Under FAQ, it states. " Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating." I havent seen helpful or knowledge. What about you?

under the message board menu it says this under the aquarium:A forum to discuss off topic subjects.

nvmycj

Jon,
Not to be a PIA, but what's your point with this entry. And Jenny beat me to a reply.

autofreak44

if you dont like it, leave... they do a good job, and sure it may be picking favorites by not deleting threads they like but its not like they are doing it outright and making a big deal over the whole thing... and i believe that the moderators are very knowledgable in off topic subjects such as politics

1journeyman

Jon, we NEVER delete threads because we don't like them.
As Mods we have our own forum and frequently discuss threads. We, in essence, "Mod" each other.
If you have an issue with a thread feal free to PM a Mod regarding it. In the future, however, please don't post statements like this. Take it up with Mods in PM. SWF has asked us to Moderate this forum. We all spend hours doing just that because of our love for the hobby and this community.

bang guy

Hi Jon,
I have not yet seen anything in this thread that warrants closing it. Nobody has reported it to my knowledge either.
If you feel it should be closed please click on the "Report This Post" button and a moderator will review your reasons and evaluate if the thread needs to be closed.
Bang

michaeltx

I have yet to see anything that warrants it to be closed myself either. there fore it as not been closed. topics like this are watched so that dont get out of hand and if someone thinks it is we usually post something in the shark tank and see what the others have to say about.
Under FAQ, it states. " Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating." I havent seen helpful or knowledge. What about you?
this statement from you bothers me greatly. I have helped anyone and everyone that I can and I know the other mods do aswel. we do our research if we dont know or if we know another mod may have the answer we PM or post a thread for them to take notice of it. I am sure the countless people that we as a collective have helped will disagree with you on this statment. we enjoy what we do or we wouldnt volunter the hours that we do just watching and reading threads and editing or other actions that we do and then help people out on the board. Are we always right absolutely NOT we are regular people just like everyone else but we have guidelines that we follow that everyone agrees to when they sign up and thats what we make sure is followed.
I really hope that you rethink your position on this though because there are a lot of helpful people on the board including the moderation team that are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Michael

aztec reef

Jon, not to be ganging up on you, But your post was a little unnecessary..
I'm highly tankfull to the Mods for allowing discussions such as this. I know they get a little heated at times, but if you have noticed the threads start to go downhill when there's posters such as you, that the only thing they have for imput is Negative.
I'll take this type of threads any day, over the other threads such as: "funny story threads", "Song title, wanna play a game? "word association" and such..Cause we are discussing "real issues" that should matter to us all. Yet you don't see me arguing in the those other threads or being the party pooper.
If you don't like the thread then don't look at it. You have the right to watch Any channel on your TV at anytime don't you? btw, Last time i checked we were in the off topic threads.
I'm probably the guy with the most closed threads (in my time frame)and i don't blame anyone but my self, (although i fell like i was provoked everytime it happened ) But i'm learning on how far to go without being disrespectfull to anyone here. I'm not arguing, i'm not trying to put anybody down or anything like that. I just feel strong about my views and a lot of peeps don't agree with them and that's cool..We can't all agree on everything..If you feel that im crossing the line, just say it and i'll back down a little.
To me every Mod here is very knowledgeable in a lot of different topics that we can all learn from (not to mention some other members).And i can see how Mods sometimes rather stray a way from heated topics such as this. The little time that i have spent here has thought me alot and i really give my respects to Bang,michael,Ophiura, for getting wet but especially to Journey for being a great sport

O topic

BTW, That's good to hear Ghola, it's a good start!

nvmycj

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
omg somebody call sharkboy the aliens have abducted aztec
....j/k

HILARIOUS!!!
But I gotsta agree with (I love my) Jenny....sorry.
This might be the first time I've agreed with Aztec! Good start, dude. Let's keep rollin'....
Well, on second thought,....let's not. It's more fun to not agree on everything, right.
BTW,...how do we know who the mods are? Tankx.
love you man....!!!

michaeltx

here is a current list you can click on forum leaders or look at the bottom of any forum to see a list of moderators. Also under each of the maderators the title will have Shark under there name except squid his says Hakuna Matata.
Beth, Thomas712, Bang Guy, ophiura, ViPeR_930, Squidd, lion_crazz, MichaelTX, 1journeyman, murph145
HTH
Mike

aztec reef

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
omg somebody call sharkboy the aliens have abducted aztec
....j/k

You forgat that i'm an Alien.
i don't need to get abducted..(i'm a messenger alien).
In case you didn't know, i first got here to the US in 1991. and that's when the UFO sittings phenomenon over mexico started..I was order to come here by alien intelligence to give out "The message". coincedence? here's part of the message:
Animals are to human beings, as human beings are to aliens. In other words, the way that we look down at animals is the exact same way that aliens look down at us. We think that animals live a mundane existence of simply eating and mating. But, aliens look at us the same way: Human beings live a mundane existence of simply working and following the instructions of the elite.
Human beings are not at the top of the food chain, aliens are. And, the way that humans slaughter animals (without even thinking twice about it) is the same way that aliens slaughter humans. So, just as we have the so-called "divine right" to kill animals for food, aliens have the same "divine right" to kill us for food. And, in general, we are no more special than animals are, because most animals, such as mammals, have divine spirits just like we do. Only animals such as insects have a collective group-soul rather than real individual souls.
Human beings need to stop playing the "victim" role, because we are predators as well, simply part of Darkness's compulsory food chain.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Anyways, here's how I came down.. this was my flight..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDOOZ_IPb6Y just remember the loco aztec, who told you that ufo's ARE REAL!!
oh, and remember 2012

susiestank

Originally Posted by ghola5
Hey good news....
The news and and in the newspaper are covering the topic here of animals being dumped, There has been alot dumped by our zoo but they say its happening all over as it, they are cracking down, In fact they say if you see someone dumping get their license number, what the car looks like and even if you can get what the person looks like, they will be fined and can even serve 90 days in jail. They say you can call the animal shelter and non emergency to report this. Ha, things are getting done and I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!

Even just from this news more people will be aware and maybe think twice about dumping their animals!

Great News!!