Does anyone else find it curious that "our" Gov't is buying so much ammo for domestic use?

darthtang aw

You're clueless and live in some cloistered myopic world.  Answer the questions Oh Almighty Constitutionalist.
I answered the question....

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use#post_3488290
It's all about the almighty government. "God given" means nothing to them. "Government granted" is their mantra. I make light of the inanity of it all, but it is sad, really. It's why Obama makes up law out of thin air. He thinks there is no checks to government power. The people must yield to the privilege dispensing government. It is sad.
Brother. And you make it sound like Obama is the only President whose ever used an Executive Order to change a law. Darth even quoted Andrew Jackson. I guess Dubya Bush or Ronald Reagan NEVER used their power of EO to change laws to suit their purposes...

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use#post_3488164
Why does the Social Security Administration need 174,000 rounds?
Why does the National Weather Service need 46,000 rounds?
DHS has an "indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity" order for up to 450,000,000 rounds. Why?
All for use within our borders. Why??
These articles include links to the actual .gov solicitations to purchase:
http://www.infowars.com/social-security-administration-to-purchase-174-thousand-rounds-of-hollow-point-bullets/
http://www.infowars.com/national-weather-service-follows-dhs-in-huge-ammo-purchase/
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2012/03/13/ATK-producing-ammo-for-Homeland-Security/UPI-91311331656764/
Why does the media not think this might be important?
Should we be concerned?
As far as Homeland Security, the order was for AS MANY AS 450 million rounds. There's a 12-month base performance period and four option years. The ammo is for both Homeland Security and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. That many rounds excessive? Mantis would probably want half of those stashed by the Arizona border for the ICE agents to use.

darthtang aw

What happened to the Native American Indians is an injustice that still lives on today.  Take one extemist agenda and use it to justify yoiur argument. 
That is all it takes is one. Your stance is it could not would not happen. Your stance is the constitution prevents these types of actions. I gave you an example of when the government blatantly ignored the constitution. I don't expect this to change your view. Just pointing out, that which you say can not happen, has happened, in our country. Would you like more references?
Internment during world war 2. A Blatant violation of constitutional rights. U.S. citizens held in jail without trial or charge. Done so under executive order, not a passed congressional law, not challenged in the court, and clearly over stepping the bounds the constitution sets in place. Or do you feel the Government had the right to do that?

darthtang aw

Here is one as well. In 1952 an executive order was created that siezed 85% of the nations steel mills and placed them under government control. Is that legal?
Darth (There, you have three) Tang

mantisman51

Federal law clearly states that all Federal immigration law is under the purview of Congress. The Messiah overrode Federal law and granted amnesty to illegal aliens. The people have already spoken through their representatives. The Messiah said the will of the people means nothing. It is against the law to knowingly provide weapons to criminals acting on behalf of known gangs, yet the ATF ignored several dozen Federal and state laws and forced gun stores to sell guns that they knew were being given to cartels. The Mineral Rights Act http://www.foresthistory.org/Publications/FHT/FHTSpringFall2011/Mineral_Rights.pdf guarantees the right of the people to harvest minerals (oil, gas, gold, copper, etc) on public lands. The Messiah and Slick Willy broke the law banning mineral harvesting on tens of millions of acres we are guaranteed access to. All cases of overreach by bionics buddies. All un-Constitutional and all taking more rights from citizens and protecting criminals.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use#post_3488281
You don't? Where in the Constitution does it say that any person who works for the government is given some special privileges or status over a citizen who doesn't work for the government? Where does it say a government institution can make its own laws without the citizenry having a say in the creation of those laws? Government employees can only act on behalf of the government based on the laws granted to that organization. However, we have a legal system that allows us to overrule any law we deem unfair if the majority agrees that that law violates our Constitutional rights. You're the one with the misconception that the government can do as they please, and circumvent our basic rights and privileges anytime they want. You need a refresher course on Constitutional Law 101.
I assume you then oppose 0bama's unprecedented breech constitutional law when he created the illegal alien work visa program?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use/20#post_3488297
That is all it takes is one. Your stance is it could not would not happen. Your stance is the constitution prevents these types of actions. I gave you an example of when the government blatantly ignored the constitution. I don't expect this to change your view. Just pointing out, that which you say can not happen, has happened, in our country. Would you like more references?
Internment during world war 2. A Blatant violation of constitutional rights. U.S. citizens held in jail without trial or charge. Done so under executive order, not a passed congressional law, not challenged in the court, and clearly over stepping the bounds the constitution sets in place. Or do you feel the Government had the right to do that?
There has been instances of government abuse since George Washington. It's occurred as high up as the White House, down to your local city government. That's going to happen when you have a country that consists of 50 different states, and currently 280 million citizens. But in the grand scheme of things, these abuses haven't changed the overall fabric of this country, and freedoms the majority of Americans have benefitted from since it's existence. We have a court of law that the people can file their grievances to when they feel they've been abused or taken for granted. Some of these grievances make it to the Supreme Court, some do not. But in the end, every citizen has the opportunity to fight for what they believe in. The government rarely if ever henders that process because there are Constitutional laws that forbid it. We learn from our mistakes. You think we could ever have another situation where we stick a specific race or ethnic group on some reservation? Do you think we would ever go to the extremes of sticking a specific race or ethnic group into an internment camps again? If so, why didn't we round up all Middle Easterners right after 9/11? The difference between me and you is I don't take these isolated incidents and exacerbate the issues to make it appear that the government has this hidden agenda to slowly take away our Constitutional rights. My rights have never been hindered to the point I felt the government is taking advantage of me. All I have to do is look to the Middle East, Russia, or China to see how good I have it.

mantisman51

Personally, I have no issue with government agencies having arms and ammunition as part of the FEMA emergency preparedness law. Now, if they are given policing authority not specified by Federal law, then I have an issue with it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing the purchase is for security within federal buildings. Thus the need to have ammo that does not penetrate walls.

darthtang aw

The difference between me and you is I don't take these isolated incidents and exacerbate the issues to make it appear that the government has this hidden agenda to slowly take away our Constitutional rights. 
When have I stated there is a hidden agenda? Your problem is you lump all conservative people in the same category. I disagree with reef, Ironeagle, mantis, and several others on many things. Your problem is anytime we discuss something you automatically lump all responses as if from some right wing kook fringe movement. In this case this could be farther from the truth.
Have I stated an opinion on this topic yet? No, I have not.
Did you say the constitution would prevent a government take over in essence. Yes you did.
Did I provide multiple examples of when the government take over has occurred and ignored the laws written...Yes I did.
Could the government take over and disregard the laws today. Sure they could. In fact the current administration is blatantly ignoring many laws and not upholding the law. As did the previous administration. You claim we learned through history and these events could never happen again. Explain to me how the people are any more involved now than they were then. Especially since the voting percentage is lower and lower all the time. Explain what is different now, versus the mentality back then. Especially since Government is still ignoring thier own laws...............

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use/20#post_3488301
I assume you then oppose 0bama's unprecedented breech constitutional law when he created the illegal alien work visa program?
OK, I'll bite. Which Contitutional law was broken to allow a person who doesn't have legal status in this country to work here on a visa? I know a few hundred Indians over at USAA that have been doing this for at least 5 years. A person I know that worked in one of the Mexico facilities I work in just got a 3 year work visa from a company in Michigan.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use/20#post_3488300
Federal law clearly states that all Federal immigration law is under the purview of Congress. The Messiah overrode Federal law and granted amnesty to illegal aliens. The people have already spoken through their representatives. The Messiah said the will of the people means nothing. It is against the law to knowingly provide weapons to criminals acting on behalf of known gangs, yet the ATF ignored several dozen Federal and state laws and forced gun stores to sell guns that they knew were being given to cartels. The Mineral Rights Act http://www.foresthistory.org/Publications/FHT/FHTSpringFall2011/Mineral_Rights.pdf guarantees the right of the people to harvest minerals (oil, gas, gold, copper, etc) on public lands. The Messiah and Slick Willy broke the law banning mineral harvesting on tens of millions of acres we are guaranteed access to. All cases of overreach by bionics buddies. All un-Constitutional and all taking more rights from citizens and protecting criminals.
Which people? I know you abhor he idea, but I hate to burst your bubble, you're just ONE vote. I don't recall seeing a law put on any voting ballot I've entered in the last few years that asked me if I opposed a work visa program for illegals. Fast and Furious? Yea, that was a screw up. Unfortunately, a few thousand other guns were illegally taken across the border after being purchased en masse by these straw buyers. They busted a couple here in San Antonio a couple months ago that were trying to smuggle 20 - 30 AR's and several AK's across the Mexico border. They weren't ATF agents. I have mineral rights on public lands? Which one's? I know of a diamond field in Arkansas I can go look for diamonds for a price. Exactly which Constitutional law does this violate?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use/20#post_3488315
When have I stated there is a hidden agenda? Your problem is you lump all conservative people in the same category. I disagree with reef, Ironeagle, mantis, and several others on many things. Your problem is anytime we discuss something you automatically lump all responses as if from some right wing kook fringe movement. In this case this could be farther from the truth.
Have I stated an opinion on this topic yet? No, I have not.
Did you say the constitution would prevent a government take over in essence. Yes you did.
Did I provide multiple examples of when the government take over has occurred and ignored the laws written...Yes I did.
Could the government take over and disregard the laws today. Sure they could. In fact the current administration is blatantly ignoring many laws and not upholding the law. As did the previous administration. You claim we learned through history and these events could never happen again. Explain to me how the people are any more involved now than they were then. Especially since the voting percentage is lower and lower all the time. Explain what is different now, versus the mentality back then. Especially since Government is still ignoring thier own laws...............
Why aren't people voting? Is it because they know that no matter who gets voted in, nothing is going to change? Is it because they hear some politician make all these futile campaign promises, knowing for a fact that he/she can't get 5% of them passed, yet the guy gets voted in anyways? Watch some incumbent get voted in year after year, basically because voters know his name, or just assume he's doing a good job, so they vote for him anyways? How about the voter who is so entrenched with a particular party affiliation, that they walk into the voting both, press "Vote Republican Party" or "Vote Democratic Party", then walk out totally clueless who they voted for? How about the voters who say "Why bother. The incumbent so-and-so is going to get elected, even if I vote or not"? Texas is so blatently Republican, that it is an effort in futility to vote for a Democratic nominee for President. Texas hasn't given its electoral votes to a Democrat since Nixon. So hey, what's the point?
No government has completely taken over every aspect of your life. There are laws they have passed, maybe laws that have been circumvented LEGALLY that you disagree with. But that doesn't imply a "takeover". Government can't satisfy everyone. For every law you feel has been broken, there are a few hundred others that don't see it that way. It's called "legal interpretation". If Obama has blatently broken all these "laws" you claimed he has, why hasn't Bonehead and Co. brought impeachment charges? Apparently no legal precedent has been broken. The House is trying to vilify Holder for Fast and Furious, and legally Holder can just hold up the middle finger and smile.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use/20#post_3488300
BTW, I'll clue you in. Come to Texas and join the Natural Gas Fracking Boom that's occuring right now.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use/20#post_3488341
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use/20#post_3488301
OK, I'll bite. Which Constitutional law was broken to allow a person who doesn't have legal status in this country to work here on a visa? I know a few hundred Indians over at USAA that have been doing this for at least 5 years. A person I know that worked in one of the Mexico facilities I work in just got a 3 year work visa from a company in Michigan.
You could say that he broke Constitutional law by overriding the law-making power given to Congress by our Constitution, since Congress has not, and won't be enacting any type of amnesty program for illegal aliens. He certainly did override Federal laws in place. Also, his action is a complete turnaround from what he said he could not do because it was not his authority to do it.
It was a play for the Latin vote in an election year. However, there are a lot more people who do not agree then who do agree. Wrong move in my view.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/392660/does-anyone-else-find-it-curious-that-our-govt-is-buying-so-much-ammo-for-domestic-use/20#post_3488359
You could say that he broke Constitutional law by overriding the law-making power given to Congress by our Constitution, since Congress has not, and won't be enacting any type of amnesty program for illegal aliens. He certainly did override Federal laws in place. Also, his action is a complete turnaround from what he said he could not do because it was not his authority to do it.
It was a play for the Latin vote in an election year. However, there are a lot more people who do not agree then who do agree. Wrong move in my view.
Exactly correct. Jan Brewer just threw a huge monkey wrench into his machine too. 0bama is going to have to argue the illegals he is trying to give the work permits to now get public services and drivers licenses. Not only doesn't he have the authority to give them work permits, he can't change their immigration status, only dictate the priority they are deported under.