Fast and furious/Gun Walker

mantisman51

I am, because the weapons are here in my front and backyard. As the Clinton administration proved, if you've got a corrupt AG, it doesn't matter how bad the corruption was-it'll get buried. Holder lied under oath and there's a paper trail to prove it. Mark my words: as bad as it is, it's not going to go anywhere. Just like Ruby Ridge in my home state of Idaho, it was a sting operation to set up honest, law-abiding citizens and whatever happens doesn't matter. The gestapo ATF can do whatever they want and everyone will walk away with promotions and awards and after the dust settles, go after the next group of honest citizens.

stdreb27

don't hold your breath, they're circling the wagons, and Obama could kill someone, and the Democrats wouldn't vote for an impeachment...

reefraff

If the left will buy 0bama's Pass the bill line of bull they will buy anything including Steadman was saying he only knew of the problem a few weeks before. Even though the question was specifically asked and answered in a way that makes it obvious both men were discussing knowledge of the program.
It doesn't sound like CBS is done with the story. This might not be over.

socal57che

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker#post_3424049
I am, because the weapons are here in my front and backyard. As the Clinton administration proved, if you've got a corrupt AG, it doesn't matter how bad the corruption was-it'll get buried. Holder lied under oath and there's a paper trail to prove it. Mark my words: as bad as it is, it's not going to go anywhere. Just like Ruby Ridge in my home state of Idaho, it was a sting operation to set up honest, law-abiding citizens and whatever happens doesn't matter. The gestapo ATF can do whatever they want and everyone will walk away with promotions and awards and after the dust settles, go after the next group of honest citizens.
One of the worthless piece of crap agents in charge who lifted the rules of engagemnet at Ruby Ridge is now my sheriff. He was APPOINTED by the county after the reigning jerk-wad sheriff resigned before the election so he could run as an incumbent.
http://www.byington.org/carl/ruby/ruby4h.htm
For more info on this google "William Gore Ruby Ridge"
Friend these guys on fb... https://www.facebook.com/#!/Bordernarcoticsintelligence They are staying on top of this gun running scandal. Plus, lots of great border related info and updates on drug crime in Mexico that affects us here. Lots of great stuff over there.

oscardeuce

The same DOJ that wanted me to leave a dead man's NFA gun in his empty house rather than secure it in a safer place. They threatened me with prison. So much for keeping the guns out of the bad guy's hands.

mantisman51

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/17/local/la-me-guns-20110917
Well, while providing massive firepower to the cartels, the dummiecratics are now making it illegal for Californians to carry guns at all. Every state that has made it easier for citizens to carry firearms has had a dramatic reduction in crime. So why do dummiecrats want to make sure only criminals are armed in public places? I would not want to live on the border in California. The cartels will now have no fear in car jacking and kidnapping. And all you can do is surrender like sheep.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker#post_3424490
Well, while providing massive firepower to the cartels, the dummiecratics are now making it illegal for Californians to carry guns at all. Every state that has made it easier for citizens to carry firearms has had a dramatic reduction in crime. So why do dummiecrats want to make sure only criminals are armed in public places? I would not want to live on the border in California. The cartels will now have no fear in car jacking and kidnapping. And all you can do is surrender like sheep.
Good example of why idiots shouldn't be allowed to run for office. I'd rather have someone carrying a gun in the open than hiding it. And in the case of California the gun already has to be unloaded to open carry, L A M E.

socal57che

Coastal dope smoling hippie population from Frisco to LA run politics in this state. The entire state is quite conservative except for those few highly populated counties. San Diego is on the edge. Not as liberal as LA and SF, but has it's share of leftist fruitcakes. The sane people of the state pack heat anyway. Too bad we'll get jammed up for it if joe patrolman searches us. Everyday citizens have been forced to break the law. My wife works in some less than respectable areas at times. You can bet your boots that she's packin. The bad part is that the bad guys already expect people to be too afraid of the law to carry. That means that it's more likely to come down to exchanging lead with some crackhead carjacker.
Dear liberal democrats of Ca, thank you for making me less safe......jerks.

reefraff

I took better than a 50% pay cut to get out. I pay my sister's airfare to fly up here so I don't have to drive into that cess pool to visit her.

bionicarm

Just repeal the 2nd. Do a Fast and Furiou 'search and destroy' of all weapons in the US and confiscate/destroy them. No one except police officials and military are allowed to own and carry firearms. You can all go back to using sticks. baseball bats, crowbars, and golf clubs as weapons. Would be a much safer world alll around.
Bionic (stirrin' the pot with all the resident gun fanatics) Arm

darthtang aw

Just repeal the 2nd. Do a Fast and Furiou 'search and destroy' of all weapons in the US and confiscate/destroy them. No one except police officials and military are allowed to own and carry firearms. You can all go back to using sticks. baseball bats, crowbars, and golf clubs as weapons. Would be a much safer world alll around.

Bionic (stirrin' the pot with all the resident gun fanatics) Arm
Is it really stirring the pot when you believe that?
Darth (looney tunes) Tang

reefraff

How about universal right to carry for any citizen over 18 with no felony convictions or history of mental illness. That would do more to make the country safe than anything you could ever do. Every city in every state where the criminals don't know who does or doesn't have a gun in their pocket. I LIKE IT!!!

mantisman51

Mexico enforces what was recommended and we can see what a bastion of safety it is there, can't we? BTW, the Bill of Rights CAN'T be repealed and it is prohibited from being usurped. So smoke another one and pretend liberal ideas have ever worked. Why do liberals always ignore the fact that every state that has made it easier for citizens to carry firearms has had a reduction in violent crimes and every state that has passed gun control laws are the most dangerous places? I will always believe it is cowardice and they are too frightened to depend on themselves for their security that they are willing to give up freedom for the delusion of safety.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker#post_3424803
Mexico enforces what was recommended and we can see what a bastion of safety it is there, can't we? BTW, the Bill of Rights CAN'T be repealed and it is prohibited from being usurped. So smoke another one and pretend liberal ideas have ever worked. Why do liberals always ignore the fact that every state that has made it easier for citizens to carry firearms has had a reduction in violent crimes and every state that has passed gun control laws are the most dangerous places? I will always believe it is cowardice and they are too frightened to depend on themselves for their security that they are willing to give up freedom for the delusion of safety.
WRONG Encherito breath. While an amendment can never be removed an amendment can void the actions enacted in another.
Reef (18th amendment ring a bell) Raff

mantisman51

The Bill of Rights is the exception. I was watching a program by the NRA and Ted Nugent and I can't remember if it's a clause in the Constitution or by Supreme Court decision, but the 10 original Bill of Rights cannot be changed.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker#post_3424883
The Bill of Rights is the exception. I was watching a program by the NRA and Ted Nugent and I can't remember if it's a clause in the Constitution or by Supreme Court decision, but the 10 original Bill of Rights cannot be changed.
You gonna believe Ted over me?

It would have taken an amendment to prevent any amendment from being amended.
Seriously

Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

geridoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker#post_3424490
The assertion that "Every state that has made it easier for citizens to carry firearms has had a dramatic reduction in crime" is almost true, but completely misleading. Texas, which eased carry rules in the mid 1990s, did have a 13% reduction in violent crime (vs. 2010). If you consider a 13% reduction as a "dramatic reduction" then fair enough. But New York, which has tightened its carry rules and enforcement has seen a 57% reduction in violent crime in the same time period, would have to be considered spectacular by the same standard. I enjoy going out to the range as much as anyone, but I certainly feel safer in New York, and not because I have guns in the trunk of my car.

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriDoc http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker#post_3424993
The assertion that "Every state that has made it easier for citizens to carry firearms has had a dramatic reduction in crime" is almost true, but completely misleading. Texas, which eased carry rules in the mid 1990s, did have a 13% reduction in violent crime (vs. 2010). If you consider a 13% reduction as a "dramatic reduction" then fair enough. But New York, which has tightened its carry rules and enforcement has seen a 57% reduction in violent crime in the same time period, would have to be considered spectacular by the same standard. I enjoy going out to the range as much as anyone, but I certainly feel safer in New York, and not because I have guns in the trunk of my car.
The rate of violent crime was far worse in NY than TX to begin with, so I can believe that. But the fact that NYC has 34000 cops who are all over the city 24 hours a day has gone a long way toward easing that crime rate. Our nation cannot afford to have the population equivalent of police to citizens throughout the country-nor should we. The taxes required to support such a police state is unbelievable. And, frankly, NYC is the exception by far. Look at Philly, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, LA, SF, etc, it is quite a different story. Geri, the fact that you would rather be in NY, than San Angelo explains it all. :) Here in Cochise County we are larger than 6 states and have a population of 120k. You willing to pay to have a cop on every street corner for me? But all these statistics are a distraction for me. While I would rather have a weapon and depend on myself and have a less intrusive government, that really means little. Our Constitution gives every American the right to bear(carry) arms for national and personal defense and, according to John Adams and Thomas Jefferson in the Federalist Papers, to keep those in government from over-stepping their bounds. Not for over-throwing the government, but to keep a healthy fear of the people in the politicians and bureaucrats. I get that a lot of people are too afraid to take care of themselves and want the police to be their security blanket, but self determination must also have self reliance and you can't have freedom and a police state. Trading freedom for the illusion of security doesn't make one civilized, just cowardly. The right to bear arms isn't just for us "gun nuts". It's your right as well. If you choose not to exercise your right, that doesn't negate the need for or the right itself.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/388324/fast-and-furious-gun-walker#post_3424797
Is it really stirring the pot when you believe that?
Darth (looney tunes) Tang
I actually have other more important things to worry about than whether if I can't 'go packin;' everywhere I go. Unlike you, I don't live a life of paranoia where I look over my shoulder every minute of the day waiting for someone to jump me. You live somewhere in Rocky Mountain High where your worse fear is if the radio station will play another John Denver song, and I live in Little Mexico. Little ironic if you ask me.
Bionic (Bede, Bede, That's All Folks!) Arm