Favorite fish...to eat

miaheatlvr

Anybody ever have MONKFISH baked with butter, lemon and OLD BAY SEASONING? They call it poor mans lobster because of its consistency, and do a WIKIPEDIA on it, it has to be the ugliest fish on the planet!

groupergenius

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
Anybody ever have MONKFISH baked with butter, lemon and OLD BAY SEASONING? They call it poor mans lobster because of its consistency, and do a WIKIPEDIA on it, it has to be the ugliest fish on the planet!
Our poor man's lobster is boiling Mahi chunks in brine water and dipping in drawn butter. Same thing, it's just like lobster.

mr. guitar

Favorite Fish...
Rainbow Trout and any fish that comes out of the ocean! I love all fish that is edible! lol...
Crustacean =Crawfish for sure! and anything else. lol....
I love seafood!
Also...for anyone who hasn't tried escargot...try it. It's delicious! It tastes like a clam/mussel.

shogun323

My faves are: Almond Crusted Grouper Suated with Shallots and a White zin reduction sauce as well as authentic Maryland Crabcakes!!!!!

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by shogun323
My faves are: Almond Crusted Grouper Suated with Shallots and a White zin reduction sauce as well as authentic Maryland Crabcakes!!!!!

Yummmmmmmmmmm.

earlybird

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
I've seen it on the menu but have hesitated to order it. I'll have to look but I didn't think it could be very fresh.
Originally Posted by GrouperGenius

Our poor man's lobster is boiling Mahi chunks in brine water and dipping in drawn butter. Same thing, it's just like lobster.
Sweet idea I'll have to try it when the dolphin come back in April.

earlybird

since i fish and live on long island you need to eat fish lol to be a TRUE LIer my favs
1.BLACKFISH nice and flaky mmmmmmmm
2.striped bass anything over 40inches though isnt TO good
3.fluke and flounder
4.SEA bass

fish that ARENT so good in the sound
1.SEA ROBINS i hate them things
2.bluefish to oily but good when they are feeding on sand eels and arent over 3lbs hard to find know all i can fins is 10+

4.MONKFISH
5.porgys to bony

groupergenius

Originally Posted by earlybird
I've seen it on the menu but have hesitated to order it. I'll have to look but I didn't think it could be very fresh.

Ha, I'm having it tonight. My freezer is loaded. Although it's better fresh.

groupergenius

Originally Posted by coraljunky
Snook
Tilefish
Wahoo-smoked
Next time I'm in the keys, I'm deep jigging 400-600' for them tilefish. They are awsomely tasty.
Word of warning, never try a snook cooked whole. The skin gives them a nasty taste IMO. Although snapper and Groups are best that way.

coraljunky

Next time I'm in the keys, I'm deep jigging 400-600' for them tilefish. They are awsomely tasty.
Word of warning, never try a snook cooked whole. The skin gives them a nasty taste IMO. Although snapper and Groups are best that way.
good tip

earlybird

I read in the local paper a while back that...
A long time ago in Ft. Myers people used to kill snook b/c they tasted like crap. They claim it tasted soapy. There were so many that people went out of there way to slaughter these guys.
Personally I'm not a huge fan of snook. I'd rather eat a snapper any day. Kinda plain white fish tasting not to much flavor. I didn't say I wouldn't keep a legal snook from time to time.

digitydash

Mahi-Mahi aka dolphin and no it not flipper lmao
Snapper,Grouper
Also I like Maine Lobster and King Crab Legs