(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

hefner413

This is kind of a bummer though - zipping through the posts and then it stops here. It was like I was watching LOST again - building up the climax until the end of the show - and then it is over and you have to wait until the next season to see what happens.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Hefner413
This is kind of a bummer though - zipping through the posts and then it stops here. It was like I was watching LOST again - building up the climax until the end of the show - and then it is over and you have to wait until the next season to see what happens.
EXACTLY!!!

reefer545

Originally Posted by Shrimpi
I guess if you think about it...
the larger the tank the larger the margin for errors.. especially for beginners. Thats why alot of ppl go against nanos at first... little mistakes make big problems, esp. if your just starting (I know I made my fair share of mistakes
)
If you have the money/time/resources go for it! Everyone pretty much wishes they had a larger tank right? talk about setting a standard.
Thanks for posting your project as it motors along. Its nice to watch it 'grow'.
the problem with big tanks is that a small problem can cause a BIG FIX. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TANK IS COMPLEX IN SETUP AND DESIGN. It does seem the planning has been thought through.

laxplaya

Great work dude, having a setup like that is what it's all about. please post loads of pics when you have anything living in it. Do you have a planned out fish list or are you going to wing it?

xtyx

Looks like you thought everything out. Your making me want to put a in wall tank in my house. Looks very nice. Outstanding.

frankthetank

Originally Posted by doglvr
Can't hardly wait to see this with rock & livestock in it! Absolutely beautiful

I was wondering how much it cost to build this... then I just read this post. How much will it cost to fill this tank?

rbrockm1

man your setup is on roids man! thats crazy wicked dude. when you gonna fill'r up? and what type of setup? sumeing a reef with the MHs and all. Looks good

cjason3041

wow i was excited when i put 150 MH on my 29Gal.....i love your lighting idea...and the whole tank....i would love to see it in person to fully appreciate it...so if you are throwing a BBQ i will bring free torch coral

mushroomss

yea must be nice to be so rich you can go buy anything you want.And totally skip
the progression and learning with a big full size tank is the stupidest move you could make.Rich people make me laugh

pat713

The bigger tank, the more margin for error you have. If you have a 10gal and your alk. level goes up 2 points in a 1 gal area, it could possibly kill some fish. If the same things happens in, lets say a 600gal. tank, well, I think the fish might notice something is up, but no harm should come to the fish.
I'm sure if everyone could afford it, we'd all opt for 1300gal systems. Why bother with the small nanos or even the larger 100+ systems when you can make the area look a whole lot nicer. Don't give him a hard time because he can afford what he likes. I can afford to drive a V8 Mustang (even with gas prices as rediculously high as they are) and I love owning one, so that's what I own. I won't settle for a Honda, Toyoda, Nissan, or VW because they have better gas milage.