FishyGurl's 125G Tank Diary!!! =)

fishygurl

Originally Posted by Kevin34
http:///forum/post/2660665
Tank looks good. The CUC looks fine too but I would wait on the shrimp as they need more of a mature tank. People have had success adding them to a new tank but it is risky.
so how long should i wait to add them?

kevin34

Probably once you have a few fish and some corals. I plan on adding my jawfish first then 2 clowns. After the clowns I am planning to add my shrimp and other inverts like a pom pom and anemone crab.

fishygurl

Fish Wish List:
2 Clownfish (I have in my 72)
1 Yellow Headed Jawfish
2 bangaii cardinals
1 Yellow Wrasse-
1 Blackcap Basslet
5-7 blue/green chromis
1 flasher wrasse-- know of any really bright ones?
1 male blue jaw trigger
1 Yellow Tang
1 Sailfin Tang
1 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Mandarin Dragonet
ok so i have been looking at my fish list and ive thought of changing some things... See any problems with this? I will make sure and add the sailfin and yellow tang at the same time. I will add the Mandarin when the tank is ready 6 months+ and for the 3 jawfish how deep should the sand bed be? is 2-3 inches ok?
does this list look ok?
thats in the order i was thinking of getting these fish in the sections i put them in does it look ok? too much?
also am i going have to get rid of the sailfin? if so at what length should i trade him in for another? how fast do they grow or does it just depend on the fish?

fishygurl

ok well i just got an email and i guess the rock is supposed to come on thursday which means i wont be able to get pics and aquascape it until i get back...

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Kevin34
http:///forum/post/2660665
Tank looks good. The CUC looks fine too but I would wait on the shrimp as they need more of a mature tank. People have had success adding them to a new tank but it is risky.
Just adding my 2 cents.....I added my cleaner shrimp soon after my tank cycled, along with my clean up crew. I added another one about 4 weeks later. I have the same two shrimp still doing great in my tank and it's been almost 1.5 year. The key is to feed them, mine actually would come up to the top of the water to get flake food. I soon learned they liked the pellets, which was good because those sank to the bottom.

fishygurl

ok so i got the live rock in there now, and half-3/4 of the live rock i had in my 72 is also in there, probably going to put more in today..
i will load pictures in a minute..
anyways i am unsure of which levels spike first and around how long it should take to notice them.. i know it varies with each tank, my 72 had a very fast cycle
ok so i also added 40 pounds of sand to the side i already made my rock structure on, the other side i will be making a pile with a cave whenever i get the rest of the rocks out of my 72..
so yesterday the water parameters i checked turned out to be..
sal- 1.019
am-0
trite-.25
trate-10-15
ph-7.8
today the same tests were done (i added more salt..last night)
sal-1.024
am-0
trite-0-.25
trate-10
ph-8-8.2

fishkid13

The list looks good tell me how good you tank does I am setting up my 120 soon..saving money....I dont have time to read it all but do you have any good advise for me if so please reply thanks.

fishygurl

my camera was being stupid and idk whats wrong with it now, so sorry for the quality of the pics... anyways here they are i think..

fishygurl

Originally Posted by fishkid13
http:///forum/post/2670742
The list looks good tell me how good you tank does I am setting up my 120 soon..saving money....I dont have time to read it all but do you have any good advise for me if so please reply thanks.

oo fun fun!!! and ya ik what u mean on saving up for money.. what type of advice are u looking for?
some things to make sure is that everything u get works properly.. dont buy quite as much sand as u think u need... i dont think im going to need all of what i got.. my sand bed on the one side is too deep imo and i really dont think i need the other 40 pound bag of it.. plus the 20 pounds of live i got.. im thinking another 40 pounds would be plenty, 30 preferably..
also dont get more than 1.5 pounds of rock per gallon if your going to have a lot of fish that swim a lot.. i still havnt added all the rock there is probably like 30-40 pounds i havnt added and i already am wondering if i have too much in the tank.. when aquascaping keep the fish and corals in mind.. im trying to make there to be a lot of swimming area along with some caves.. also im trying to keep it where i will be able to set corals on my rocks, luckily all the rocks i have.. have a lot of holes in them
umm is there really anything you are looking for as far as advice goes??

fishygurl

i love how my messed up camera made my sand green in the last pic
i think its time for a new camera.. unless i just pushed a button that made it get all messed up.. i didnt use it for awhile and then when i turn it on one day it just is like TOTALLY messed up, it cant focus at all it makes everything look jaged and the colors are messed up, its really sensitive to light.. idk whats wrong with it

fishygurl

ok well i got the rest of the rock in, i will take pics tomorrow
todays params
sal- 1.024
am- 0
trite- 0
trate- 10
ph- 8.2

kevin34

Looks good
I dont know if you are done with it yet but I would try to do something more with the rockwork. JMO looks good though. The green sand pic is kinda cool