Government and latest about wire taps.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by 37g Joe
also you talk about constitunal violations what about Washington D.C., San Francisco, and New Orleans. They are all! violationg the sewcoun amendment The right to bare Arms. As a lawabiding citezen you are not allowed to have guns in these cities. police in new orleans went door to door taking guns away from individuals who legally owned them they used the Gun regrestry to track people down whis was told would NEVER be done why is this not in the news. our fore father's put in place the secoun amendment so this would not happen. Now people in these cities are vulnerable to attack by those who do not listen to the law who well ALWAYS have GUNS new Orleans is still having bands of young men going around with guns or other weapons taking from those who once could protect themselves but can not now. where are the police now they can not insure the safty of their citezens especially righ now they are still recovering and this is even more of a reason for the right to bare arms. If people did not give up their legally bought guns they could have been arested and the police where given full authoruty to use force to take the guns away. sounds a little like the former soviet Union and can we guess which polical party would like to do this to every city and state hmmm? Then what next they could mold the contry however they thought fit. where is the aclu on this. this is much more oof a story and a concern then wire taps. but the news who leans a certain way dose not even mention this why is that ask yoyur self. but luckly the NRA is fighting this and thier are quite a bit of other news outlits that are trying to get this out their so people know.

I agree with parts of your post and strongly suggest you do some research surrounding execuitve orders and how they realte to FEMA. Once you read the excutive orders relating toFEMA you will begin to understand why they were placed under homeland security. These executive orders give the government far reaching powers in times of emergeny. This has nothing to do with New Orleans and the Hurricane adtermath in general .......but it has everything to do with the freedoms you think are protected.

scubadoo

THE MOST POWERFUL ORGANIZATION IN THE UNITED STATES.
Though it may be the most powerful organization in the United States, few people know it even exists. But it has crept into our private lives. Even

[hr]
papers contain FEMA's name in small print if the property in question is near a flood plain. FEMA was deeply involved in the Los Angeles riots and the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake in the San Francisco Bay Area. Some of the black helicopter traffic reported throughout the United States, but mainly in the West, California, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado, are flown by FEMA personnel. FEMA has been given responsibility for many new disasters including urban forest fires, home heating emergencies, refugee situations, urban riots, and emergency planning for nuclear and toxic incidents. In the West, it works in conjunction with the Sixth Army. FEMA was created in a series of Executive Orders. A Presidential Executive Order, whether Constitutional or not, becomes law simply by its publication in the Federal Registry. Congress is by-passed.
Executive Order Number 12148 created the Federal Emergency Management Agency that is to interface with the Department of Defense for civil defense planning and funding. An "emergency czar" was appointed. FEMA has only spent about 6 percent of its budget on national emergencies. The bulk of their funding has been used for the construction of secret underground facilities to assure continuity of government in case of a major emergency, foreign or domestic.
Executive Order Number 12656 appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and grant the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry. Here are just a few Executive Orders associated with FEMA that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has broad powers in every aspect of the nation.

scubadoo

I only posted the above as an illustration of what the government can do in times of "emergency". It is not directed in support of or against any position.

reefraff

There is a book called "vultures in eagles clothing" that is an intersting read. Not everything in the book is totally accurate IMO and the premise of the book (income tax is illegal) is bogus but there is some interesting information in the book that is accurate.

37g joe

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
I agree with parts of your post and strongly suggest you do some research surrounding execuitve orders and how they realte to FEMA. Once you read the excutive orders relating toFEMA you will begin to understand why they were placed under homeland security. These executive orders give the government far reaching powers in times of emergeny. This has nothing to do with New Orleans and the Hurricane adtermath in general .......but it has everything to do with the feedoms you think are protected.

I understand a little about executive orders and how they pertain specifically to new orleans. The problem with new orleans is this is a decision made by the city mostly the mayor. The real problem is that cities that arnt even in a crisis such as san francisco are putting these laws into affect banning all fire arms and the media cares more about Nick and Jessica sipmson breaking up. Their are very powerful people out in the worl who control media outlets. Who want to remain in power. They understand to stay in power is to make people rely on what they can give them wellfare, helthcare, and other social programs even though it mascrades as help it keeps people in a place that they are managable.
The american dream allows an individual with nothing, to improove themself and become sucessful. people are motivated to provide for thir families and to add somthing to the world arround them. But when you make people rely on a instituion for everything that instituion has the abilty to take advantage of those its ment to serve.
I hear all the time the american dream is dead and you can no longer do what people did in the past. But I see in my town where we have alarge russian population and asain population alive everyday. peopl come over here with nothing they live with there whole extended family in a small house save money and then buy a business and they then buy nices houses and cars and live the good life. But us born in america cant see all the opertunities around us we are told that it take money to get any where. I believe it takes sacrafice and an ability to not have to rely on others.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by 37g Joe
I understand a little about executive orders and how they pertain specifically to new orleans. The problem with new orleans is this is a decision made by the city mostly the mayor. The real problem is that cities that arnt even in a crisis such as san francisco are putting these laws into affect banning all fire arms and the media cares more about Nick and Jessica sipmson breaking up. Their are very powerful people out in the worl who control media outlets. Who want to remain in power. They understand to stay in power is to make people rely on what they can give them wellfare, helthcare, and other social programs even though it mascrades as help it keeps people in a place that they are managable.
The american dream allows an individual with nothing, to improove themself and become sucessful. people are motivated to provide for thir families and to add somthing to the world arround them. But when you make people rely on a instituion for everything that instituion has the abilty to take advantage of those its ment to serve.
I hear all the time the american dream is dead and you can no longer do what people did in the past. But I see in my town where we have alarge russian population and asain population alive everyday. peopl come over here with nothing they live with there whole extended family in a small house save money and then buy a business and they then buy nices houses and cars and live the good life. But us born in america cant see all the opertunities around us we are told that it take money to get any where. I believe it takes sacrafice and an ability to not have to rely on others.

My post was not directed at New Orleans situation. There is a debate going on as you well know regarding constitutional rights, etc. I am simply pointing out the executive orders and how they impact the rights we enjoy and beleive are protected.